• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Ok. And I understand the whole book angle, seeing as healing everyone is neat and Fia's and Cierra's Book overskills are unavoidable and unblockable.

Indeed. Also, my Fia had the highest Magic stat from the whole party (surpassing Cierra) and giving her a book seemed to be a very nice way of abusing it. My favorite set up involves Ein, Fia, Cierra (Lina doesn't seem too good and I don't like Serene either). I always need a healer and book healing >>> staff healing. Also, Lv 2 and Lv 1 overskills are activated more frequently than Lv 3 ones, for obvious reasons.

...I got Lifis after Chapter 2x.

Did you not finish Ch 3 yet? BECAUSE YOU END UP LOSING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR PARTY AFTER THAT!!! Lifis, however, could be found in a different cell in Ch 4.

Eh.

Your situation is so bad that restarting the game from the beginning would probably save you more time than struggling immensely in the coming chapters.

Why bother? I mean, seriously, all savestates can do is reduce stress...if I accidentally hit B instead of A, I shouldn't have to redo forty minutes of game time!

Eh, your choice. I don't use save states because I consider them to be cheating. Real players, no matter how fluent they are in Japanese, would restart the chapter if someone dies/village gets burnt/etc.

I've never played FE1, but give me credit for at least knowing the basic archetypes.

Play FE3B1 or FE11. They're better.

You know, you're making me feel really good about myself right now. Really appreciate the support here.

Heh heh... I suppose it shouldn't be THAT much tougher without Asvel... 11x nets you Olwen, which is the character that I overpowered like crazy because I like her brother. Since you have no Asvel, you'll probably overuse her yourself!

I was going to next turn! I didn't know the fucker was gonna abduct it!

lol, poor civilians...

Did you not finish Ch 3 yet? BECAUSE YOU END UP LOSING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR PARTY AFTER THAT!!! Lifis, however, could be found in a different cell in Ch 4.

Your situation is so bad that restarting the game from the beginning would probably save you more time than struggling immensely in the coming chapters.

Eh, your choice. I don't use save states because I consider them to be cheating. Real players, no matter how fluent they are in Japanese, would restart the chapter if someone dies/village gets burnt/etc.

Play FE3B1 or FE11. They're better.

Heh heh... I suppose it shouldn't be THAT much tougher without Asvel... 11x nets you Olwen, which is the character that I overpowered like crazy because I like her brother. Since you have no Asvel, you'll probably overuse her yourself!

lol, poor civilians...

*rolleyes* How can I be at Chapter Three if I've missed 4x?

Fuck that.

I consider Wait being placed as default above Staff to be the game fucking with me. It's the least I, a belligerant, can do to fight back against SLIPS OF THE INDEX FINGER.

And it's war. Villages burn down, people die.

You know what I mean, though.

Eh.

They aren't the worst sufferers in this conflict.

*rolleyes* How can I be at Chapter Three if I've missed 4x?

I'm just saying, the whole party escaped except Lifis and Eyvel. You see that in Ch 3. That's why you don't have Othin or Havan or anyone else.

Fuck that.

lolk

I consider Wait being placed as default above Staff to be the game fucking with me. It's the least I, a belligerant, can do to fight back against SLIPS OF THE INDEX FINGER.

And it's war. Villages burn down, people die.

Yeah, I get it. Putting Wait at the top seems like a very stupid idea.

You know what I mean, though.

Yup.

Eh.

Olwen is awesome. That is all.

They aren't the worst sufferers in this conflict.

Yeah, because you just missed Asvel

I'm just saying, the whole party escaped except Lifis and Eyvel. You see that in Ch 3. That's why you don't have Othin or Havan or anyone else.

Yeah, because you just missed Asvel

Yes, I know that! But ERL implied that I was meant to have one or both of them with me!

I went without Holsety, Sety, or even a Dancer. I can make it without some mage and a piece of paper.

You're the hacker! *hand whips up*

I mean, if the plot team is headed by someone with the literary competencies of Griffen...fuck, man. I mean, I'm like the entry-level writing quality for a good hack. I doubt Griffen can match me.

Y'know what, I'm going to get Asvel. *sigh* Peer pressure these days... I have a well-timed savestate too.But first I'll start and then finish FE3.

Edited by Furetchen

Yes, I know that! But ERL implied that I was meant to have one or both of them with me!

I went without Holsety, Sety, or even a Dancer. I can make it without some mage and a piece of paper.

Oh, he did?

I went without Holsety, a good Sety (Noish!Sety's 16 Magic at Lv 30 is NOT what I call good), or a charismatic Dancer. I still think Asvel is invalu- you know, maybe I should just shut up.

Indeed. Also, my Fia had the highest Magic stat from the whole party (surpassing Cierra) and giving her a book seemed to be a very nice way of abusing it. My favorite set up involves Ein, Fia, Cierra (Lina doesn't seem too good and I don't like Serene either). I always need a healer and book healing >>> staff healing. Also, Lv 2 and Lv 1 overskills are activated more frequently than Lv 3 ones, for obvious reasons.

I figured as much. :awesome: But how do you get Fia to surpass Cierra in Magic??

Also, getting the item you want from a chest can be very irritating... I had to redo 7-4 like 1001 times to get Diana's Bow.

Edited by Ein Lanford

I figured as much. :awesome: But how do you get Fia to surpass Cierra in Magic??

I have no idea how stats are determined in this game. I thought Fia was supposed to have naturally more Magic. I guess maybe I levelled Fia up more (no way am I keeping that rubbish Coral Staff).

Also, getting the item you want from a chest can be very irritating... I had to redo 7-4 like 1001 times to get Diana's Bow.

That it is. Restarting gets boring after a while. Some weapons I only take for training, so I'm content with the ones that enemy drop. And my Blue Stinger and Rosier are fixed!

*cough*

Where on Weyard is that from?

I have no idea how stats are determined in this game. I thought Fia was supposed to have naturally more Magic. I guess maybe I levelled Fia up more (no way am I keeping that rubbish Coral Staff).

That it is. Restarting gets boring after a while. Some weapons I only take for training, so I'm content with the ones that enemy drop. And my Blue Stinger and Rosier are fixed!

Where on Weyard is that from?

The only stat that I can say is affected by the time you learn an overskill is HP (learning an Overskill in chapter 6 would get a higher Hp increase than learning that same overskill in say, chapter 3).

Uh... I suppose that's to say they come with 50 uses (in the case of the latter, if you manage to get to Granada Fortress)? Because I can't see what else you could be saying...

I dunno where that tier list comes from but I'm sure it's bullshit if ASVEL of all people is being dissed as negative utility.

The only stat that I can say is affected by the time you learn an overskill is HP (learning an Overskill in chapter 6 would get a higher Hp increase than learning that same overskill in say, chapter 3).

What I meant is that Fia might have mastered more stuff than Cierra. Like the Coral Staff, for instance and I suppose everything else in Ch 2.

Uh... I suppose that's to say they come with 50 uses (in the case of the latter, if you manage to get to Granada Fortress)? Because I can't see what else you could be saying...

Well, what I meant is that when you get those awesome weapons, you don't have to go through some roulette thingy where you have a 12% chance of selecting your preferred weapon. I can afford to miss some of the others but Blue Stinger and Rosier (yes, the last one) aren't based on luck.

I dunno where that tier list comes from but I'm sure it's bullshit if ASVEL of all people is being dissed as negative utility.

Seeing how Xavier and Tina are in there, I'm guessing the list creator factored in the pains of recruiting these units. But it's more likely that he's just a troll.

BTW, that tier is the older tier list. The newer one (AAA?) has Asvel as one of the top 5 units, IIRC.

Your memory is not necessary. I didn't see this list but I'm sure Asvel would make it to the top five. He's just that awesome.

What I meant is that Fia might have mastered more stuff than Cierra. Like the Coral Staff, for instance and I suppose everything else in Ch 2.

Well, what I meant is that when you get those awesome weapons, you don't have to go through some roulette thingy where you have a 12% chance of selecting your preferred weapon. I can afford to miss some of the others but Blue Stinger and Rosier (yes, the last one) aren't based on luck.

Seeing how Xavier and Tina are in there, I'm guessing the list creator factored in the pains of recruiting these units. But it's more likely that he's just a troll.

Your memory is not necessary. I didn't see this list but I'm sure Asvel would make it to the top five. He's just that awesome.

Ok. Speaking of Cierra, you have to wonder how is it that she can end up having more HP than everyone else when she's the glass cannon of the group.

I should've thought of it in that context...

Hmmm...

:awesome:

Also, I saw a guy who tried to rob a gun store on TV, and-- I guess you can figure it out from there.

Wait, when do I get Nietzsche in Yggdra Union?

BF6. There's a hidden path to the south near the place you start. Hidden path as in you move someone to the end and a new way will open up. Even if you don't find it though, Nietzsche will join automatically at the end of the chapter. I myself didn't know about this until after my first run.

Ok. Speaking of Cierra, you have to wonder how is it that she can end up having more HP than everyone else when she's the glass cannon of the group.

Glass cannon? But she has a huge Resistance stat! Well, she's the oldest so I guess they decided to give her the highest HP. She's also really slow, which fits well.

I should've thought of it in that context...

Heh. There are others too, like Kiku-Ichimonji

Also, I saw a guy who tried to rob a gun store on TV, and-- I guess you can figure it out from there.

lol, it's pretty obvious what happened next.