• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

In the Chapter Data editor in nightmare. The first ones, near the top. The ones for palette and shit.

@Lumi no, uploading videos, talking to Kayleigh.

The Chapter reference pointer? Cause everything is a drop box, not me filling in numbers, and I set everything to Plains and Castle like how the tiles are.

Psych, for the record you're making two mistakes that most people who are new to mapping make: the tiles are too consistent, as in for floors I see two different kinds (I'm not as sure for inside, but I know for outside there's lots of different kinds), and the maps are a bit too perfect. I don't mean "OH MY GOD THAT'S A MASTERPIECE," I mean notice that there are three rooms that are the exact same size, and my main gripe is the pillar rooms. In case you argue "people make things symmetric sometimes," I doubt there would be two cracked walls, and no way to enter them.

As an afterthought, remember the pillar's architectural purpose: to hold up the building. The pillars are scattered and look symmetrical to each other, but... That open space between the throne, pillar halls, and upper part..? I'm pretty sure that might fall.

EDIT: I don't mean to be a jerk, just providing my perspective :<

Edited by Iksel

Psych, the actual tileset's FILE NAME should be a set up numbers that match up with selections in the drop box. If you've matched up those numbers, and it's still screwing up, go watch Arch's newly posted FE Event and map making bootcamp, which will explain it.

Walls function as pillars, too.

I know this, which is why specifically I pointed out the middle area.

But see, if he argues those pillars aren't needed for architectural purposes, then what are they for? Decoration? They are hidden by walls (I'm speaking about the pillar hall, that's just really bugging me).

Hm, use Chapter 16 from FE7 as an example.

16.PNG

Notice how those pillars are placed: in the middle area, and you can tell they hold up the ceiling.

I partly take back my "generic tiles" comment, but notice how in the chest room there is a different tile pattern.

Edited by Iksel

Psych, for the record you're making two mistakes that most people who are new to mapping make: the tiles are too consistent, as in for floors I see two different kinds (I'm not as sure for inside, but I know for outside there's lots of different kinds), and the maps are a bit too perfect. I don't mean "OH MY GOD THAT'S A MASTERPIECE," I mean notice that there are three rooms that are the exact same size, and my main gripe is the pillar rooms. In case you argue "people make things symmetric sometimes," I doubt there would be two cracked walls, and no way to enter them.

As an afterthought, remember the pillar's architectural purpose: to hold up the building. The pillars are scattered and look symmetrical to each other, but... That open space between the throne, pillar halls, and upper part..? I'm pretty sure that might fall.

EDIT: I don't mean to be a jerk, just providing my perspective :<

The map is a remake of a map in FE5. If you wish to take up problems with the map, give IS a call over in Japan XD

Lux, that's all well and good, but as long as I can make the floor less tile spammy, I don't really care. It's supposed to be the map from 11x.

This one

My problem isn't how it looks, it's how I insert it.

The map is a remake of a map in FE5. If you wish to take up problems with the map, give IS a call over in Japan XD

Deeerp

And now I feel silly.

This is why I shouldn't critique. :x

EVEN IF MADE BY IS IT'S STILL WRONG T_T

Edited by Iksel

EVEN IF MADE BY IS IT'S STILL WRONG T_T

I wont argue that IS doesn't have problems with their designs.

Still, give 'em a call, I'm sure they'd be happy to remake FE5 and fix that for you XD

Edited by seph1212

Totally not my plan

God damn. >_> Why is it events look easier than this? >_>

All I'd need is the Str/Mag patch and the steal weapons patch.

And a bunch of sprites from FE8 and a few custom, but other than that....

Ahem...

God damn. >_> Why is it events look easier than this? >_>

They are. They're also a lot more time consuming and tedious.

All I'd need is the Str/Mag patch and the steal weapons patch.

LOL, you're not getting that. Maybe the second one.

And a bunch of sprites from FE8 and a few custom, but other than that....

A FEW custom sprites? If you're trying to remake the entirety of FE5, you'll need a lot more than a few XD

Also, FE8 sprites? If you really think you can pass off anyone in FE8 as anyone in FE5, good luck XD

Edited by seph1212

*Ahem*

Great Knights have Axes and Swords.

Nomads for Arch Knights.

Just need Swords for Mage Knights and Troubadours. Staves for Paladins. Bows for Generals. Machua has Echidna's sprite. She could use Myrmidon, or just need a Female Mercenary. Cath makes Lara, I suppose maybe a Female Rogue, though I could just have her unable to promote or only promote to Dancer. Bard becomes Monk.

Only need three sprites at most. :/ Leaf is Eliwood. Dismounting wouldn't be able to work though, but eh.

Wait, other armors. >_> Okay, so 6. And they'd probably be pretty easy to do.

Leaf is Eliwood? You lazy bastard, they look nothing a like.

Also:

LOL, you're not getting that.

Was because they have not, the folks of FE4A, released the split patch for public use. You could use the one Xeld made, but that doesn't actually split anything.

And, Echidna for Machua, and Cath for Lara? Fuck, you are one lazy ass hacker. I am disappoint, Psych.

Psych, I have violated my rule of avoiding this thread as much as possible to tell you:

YOUR IDEAS SUCK. I'm sorry, but Echidna as Machua? FUCK NO.

To quote Trent: "their portraits look NOTHING. ALIKE."

[6:50:26 PM] Dancer_ A: Yeah, I def knew that.

[6:50:53 PM] Dancer_ A: By that theory Eli is also Marth

[6:51:02 PM] Seph1212: And Celice.

[6:51:12 PM] Dancer_ A: And Older Eli is Sigurd

Edited by Camtech086

....Portrait? >_>

Did I say anything about portraits? I meant battle sprites. Geez.

If you're going to say "So?", You make custom Battle sprites for everyone.

Then why not just say their class names, instead of being ridiculous and confusing everyone into thinking you're dumber than you sound?

And, you're gonna need to make your own Female Merc animation. I don't think there's any that are open for public use. Any good ones, at least.

You're gonna need portraits either way.

Edited by seph1212