That One Thread

Florete

Don't deny that you find Bella's Mary-Sueness hot.

...I thought I was the only one that thought of this.

That is like saying that Micaiah's Mary-Sueness is also hot.

Not really. Micaiah's is rather exaggerated.

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Not really. Micaiah's is rather exaggerated.

They should have written Micaiah's character better. Heck, they should have written all of FE10 better. I mean, with the way it's written, you expect me to believe FE9 was the rushed game?

IS seemed to actually dedicate it's time to FE9. FE10 was given excellent, and probably the best and most ideal gameplay of the FE series (Although I'd actually argue FE5's is better, in some aspects). But the plot and most characters just needed life. :(

The balancing was horrible though. The Dawn Brigade was easily the worst team in the game due to the fact that most characters that join it start from tier one, and the only ones that are the most useful from that group of tier one characters alone were Jill, Nolan, Micaiah, and maybe Aran. Apart from those three, Volug, Sothe, and Zihark were pretty much the DB's go-to guys. Meanwhile the G Mercs are easily the best team in the game. Just try to tell me that the G Mercs are a bunch of slouches. (No transfer!FE10!Rolf was the exception. Soren, Rhys, and Mist, aren't exactly bad, but eh...)

The balancing was horrible though. The Dawn Brigade was easily the worst team in the game due to the fact that most characters that join it start from tier one, and the only ones that are the most useful from that group of tier one characters alone were Jill, Nolan, Micaiah, and maybe Aran. Apart from those three, Volug, Sothe, and Zihark were pretty much the DB's go-to guys. Meanwhile the G Mercs are easily the best team in the game. Just try to tell me that the G Mercs are a bunch of slouches. (No transfer!FE10!Rolf was the exception. Soren, Rhys, and Mist, aren't exactly bad, but eh...)

Edward as well.

I know that Refreshment sucked hardcore in GBA.

Indeed

On Medusa Eye: Ehhh... I'd rather just kill them than have them getting in my way taking up union space.

Same here but I was comparing it with Earthquake which halves the enemies HP. HALF!!!

On Marietta: Nope.

I see. It's really really hard to figure out how to actually beat her though. It all depends on how you interpret that "HP Control System" attribute and also with how patient you are with trying to whack her. Once you DO realize how it works, it gets really easy.

Also, use Doll Craft if you wanna beat her.

IN OTHER NEWS

Atlus needs to hurry up with Blaze Union

Yes, they should. I wanna know all about Gulcasa, Aegina, and Luciana.

If you ask me, Fire Emblem as a whole is not exactly known for being balanced.

Indeed

Same here but I was comparing it with Earthquake which halves the enemies HP. HALF!!!

I see. It's really really hard to figure out how to actually beat her though. It all depends on how you interpret that "HP Control System" attribute and also with how patient you are with trying to whack her. Once you DO realize how it works, it gets really easy.

Also, use Doll Craft if you wanna beat her.

Yes, they should. I wanna know all about Gulcasa, Aegina, and Luciana.

The only status worth mentioning in GBA was Curse (Poison is only a worry in a few maps).

Hmmm...

Well...

So do I; mainly about why the Twin Valkyries despise Yggdra so much and whatnot. Also, there's Mizer's shoe mania and Eudy's love for cannons.

On a side note, is Mirage even all that great?

The only status worth mentioning in GBA was Curse (Poison is only a worry in a few maps).

Pretty much, yeah, but in the rare event that you actually used Necro Gate, Poison Breath is a pretty awesome boss-killer. Probably the BEST, if you ignore the huge restrictions.

So do I; mainly about why the Twin Valkyries despise Yggdra so much and whatnot. Also, there's Mizer's shoe mania and Eudy's love for cannons.

Didn't one of them already say something like "You don't deserve being the queen" in the holy land? YU gave enough hints that they're sisters and I'm pretty sure Yggdra is the youngest.

On a side note, is Mirage even all that great?

I put it in Low Tier myself iirc. If it stays activated until the end, then you can eliminate the terrain morale damage loss (unfortunately that doesn't work when Ortega uses it). But then again, I'd rather use a better card to fight anybody that stands on high-defense tiles and is troublesome enough for me to even consider using Mirage.

Pretty much, yeah, but in the rare event that you actually used Necro Gate, Poison Breath is a pretty awesome boss-killer. Probably the BEST, if you ignore the huge restrictions.

True that.

Didn't one of them already say something like "You don't deserve being the queen" in the holy land? YU gave enough hints that they're sisters and I'm pretty sure Yggdra is the youngest.

True. But it's their backstory that really intrigues me.

I put it in Low Tier myself iirc. If it stays activated until the end, then you can eliminate the terrain morale damage loss (unfortunately that doesn't work when Ortega uses it). But then again, I'd rather use a better card to fight anybody that stands on high-defense tiles and is troublesome enough for me to even consider using Mirage.

Yeah... I don't see it as all that useful either. And on the bold: I guess that has to do with him being on a town or something? Also, have you considered the Flute of Deception in response to your Baldus woes?

True that.

Indeed

True. But it's their backstory that really intrigues me.

Same here.

Yeah... I don't see it as all that useful either. And on the bold: I guess that has to do with him being on a town or something?

No, it's as if he turns it off immediately before he dies. The game doesn't want you to take advantage of the enemy skills. At least in GBA.

Also, have you considered the Flute of Deception in response to your Baldus woes?

Yes, Russell is MOST DEFINITELY going to hold the Flute of Deception. Flint suggested another possible item but I forgot what it was. And while a 6000 Item Break+Flute of Deception would do a lot of damage, I find it more likely that Russell will be the one kneeling.

Edited by Kiku-Ichimonji

No, it's as if he turns it off immediately before he dies. The game doesn't want you to take advantage of the enemy skills. At least in GBA.

Yes, Russell is MOST DEFINITELY going to hold the Flute of Deception. Flint suggested another possible item but I forgot what it was. And while a 6000 Item Break+Flute of Deception would do a lot of damage, I find it more likely that Russell will be the one kneeling.

Ehhh, I don't even see him use it at all. It's either Inzaghi using it or a random Bandit doing so to cut my use of it short, which I find hilarious.

Good. Because knocking the God of War's Geo defense to zero percent should help massively. And Baldus's LUK sucks, which means Fortune should do some good on him.

EDIT: Is it just me, or do magicians seem to get good charges/counters more often than not?

EDIT 2: You gotta admit... The Fanelia, awesome as it is, was pretty much useless in the GBA version since you get it on the very last true battlefield. At least the PSP version actually gives players an excuse to use Fanelia.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

I've seriously never had Edward hit by an axe. Ever. Lances? Yes. Magic? Yes. Other swords? Yes. Axes? Nope.

He's referring to HM. In HM, there is no Weapon Triangle. It's the reason why Edward gets 2HKO'd under high Hit rates. Even Low to Neutral Biorhythm Edward has some dodging issues in NM, unless there is an Earth support to back it up.

He's referring to HM. In HM, there is no Weapon Triangle. It's the reason why Edward gets 2HKO'd under high Hit rates. Even Low to Neutral Biorhythm Edward has some dodging issues in NM, unless there is an Earth support to back it up.

Agreed. Also, you have to take enemy biorhythm into account as well; even with WTA, Edward can look pretty hittable if the enemy has high biorhythm.