That One Thread

Florete

So, by the way, are you guys going to finish either Silver Blade or Dream of Five? Or any other unfinished FE hacks? I ask simply because I thought both had a lot of potential. I would love to see how you act out your stories as Fire Emblem hack characters someday.

(EDIT: I might even be interested in supporting a few of you)

Edited by SeverIan

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

I suggest that someone else take over writing Severian from the silver blade, my character, assuming he sounds even remotely interesting. A horse nomad essentially inspired by Sacaen people in Fire Emblem, he considers himself a failure as a member of the tribe he originates from, because, during a raid on his individual tribal branch, he was the only one left alive while all others were killed, despite the fact that he did his best to defend them.

Why a nomad? Because I share a strong affinity with the mongols, whose story - conquering most of the world, only to retreat upon the death of their leader - is, IMO, quite beautiful!

(Note, Cecilia Holland's Until the Sun Falls is a GR9 BOOK about the mongols. Which is to say my absolute favorite of any book I've read on the subject. Essentially historical fiction both unsuprising and counterfactual simultaneously.)

Sooner or later, I will definitely look in to see what you do with him - feel free to abandon him entirely or kill him as part of the plot - and everyone else, in the story! I do really really love Fire Emblem, and fanmade Fire Emblem hacks tend to be pretty brilliant in one way or another. So, while my attention is pretty divided right now, at some point I would like to play some more Fire Emblem!

Edited by SeverIan

[spoiler=MGS]Actually, Gene is artificially created. Like Solid/Liquid/Solidus. But still.

[spoiler=MGS]So... Gene is to Ocelot as Liquid Snake is to Solid Snake, then? The evil clone/twin-brother kind of thing?

[spoiler=MGS]So... Gene is to Ocelot as Liquid Snake is to Solid Snake, then? The evil clone/twin-brother kind of thing?

[spoiler=MGS]Kind of, except he's more of a Liquid to Big Boss himself, since Big Boss is more like The Boss than Ocelot is.

He isn't even half as evil as Liquid, though. Probably just as ambitious, but not as evil.

[spoiler=MGS]Kind of, except he's more of a Liquid to Big Boss himself, since Big Boss is more like The Boss than Ocelot is.

He isn't even half as evil as Liquid, though. Probably just as ambitious, but not as evil.

Sadly, I've never played Portable Ops, so I have no way to really judge Gene as a character.

Haven't played Peace Walker either, although that one did tempt me to go get a PSP to play it on.

I always liked Ocelot, cuz he gets off to loading a gun in the heat off battle.

I mean, what is more manly than that? Besides getting your testicles removed and criticizing the emperor who did it to you in a history that gets well received?

Damn, this place gets quiet when I leave.

Juliet/Soul started something that seems like it's intended to be a competitor to the fe4 thread or oujays. I dunno what it is meant to be though. Hopefully it will die soon.

(NOTE: Soul kicks ass and don't consider this a soul flame.)