H5 female unit run

Dat Nick

Rules and other stuff:

Marth/All female units only. Nothing with breasts can die and must be used seriously all the way, no exceptions. Yes, Est counts as a she.

Use of male units not named Marth is accepted, but is limited to nessecity/borderline nessecity.

I'm not even going to try for low turns. In fact, I plan on farming every reinforcement spot [The ones that can be easily farmed, anyway] just because I'm pretty sure I'm going to need the EXP.

C1 went okay. Jeigan was in one of his "lol I'm going to miss the boss 5 times in a row" moods, plus it got annoying to set up the boss kill for Marth. I got pushed back to 42 turns overall. I expect it to be much worse as this goes on.

3 Marth: 20 HP, 7 str, 7 AS, 7 def

3 Shiida: 17 HP, 4 str, 14 AS, 7 def

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's half the reason I considered it (few female units, many of them meh)

anyway

Genocide time. Gordin, Draug, Cord, Abel, and Ogma (by accident) are all history. Didn't feel like putting up with Ogma's death so I just let Barst take the boss. I didn't get a crit in until turn 113 [Keep in mind you pretty much HAVE to proc a crit to beat this asshole anyway, Ogma just does it x2 as often as Barst] so this is really a case of dumb luck over boss abuse, and it only benefited Barst who I will kill when I don't need him anymore anyway. He only got 2 levels so it wasn't that big a deal anyhow.

Marth missed the boss with 80% hit. I FFFF'd and then I got lucky and dodged a hit. Shiida killed the boss right afterwards.

5 Marth: 22 HP, 8 str, 7 AS, 8 def

6 Shiida: 19 HP, 4 str, 16 AS, 7 def

Oh good that means you won't have to bother rescuing Maria, which would be a pain in such a playthrough.

As much as I lold, why would recruiting Maria suck?

Edited by laws b122

As much as I lold, why would recruiting Maria suck?

You might not be able to take on the reinforcements in such a playthrough so you may have to rush and doing that while going inside that fortress likely results in the reinforcements killing a female.

I'll use General Zag/Wolf or something for that if I have to. I need to get Maria either way because I need her to get Minerva, whom is not only required for this run seeing as how she's female and all, she's likely going to be VERY handy.

I wouldn't call it a female only run at this point, I would call it a feminist movement.

The feminist movement would be insulted if they saw you were using Shiida as an ideal role model for women.

"Communist Female".

Also found this comic for lulz on Deviantart.

_Together_We_Ride__ii_by_Miyukitty.jpg

Roger can wield an Iron Axe. Stupid Navarre. Maybe I found a use for Maria (lol)?

Edited by Colonel M

I've actually seen that one before, but thanks for sharing anyway.

Bord and Cain bit the bucket in C3. I could have had longer use for Bord and I probably should have killed Julian because a Generic would have been more useful than him, but oh well. Also, I didn't mention them, but Riff and Daros died in C2 too.

Also yay, Barst didn't take a billion turns to proc a crit this time. Cleared the map on Turn 52.

7 Marth: 24 HP, 9 str, 8 AS, 9 def

7 Shiida: 19 HP, 5 str, 17 AS, 8 def

6 Barst the awesome earlygame crutch: 27 HP, 12 str, 11 AS, 8 def. Why?! Why must I kill this blatant example of w1n?! D:

I think I'll need to keep Shiida on Peg for C4 due to needing effective cav weapons and not having a Ridersbane yet.

Eagerly awaiting the opportunity to count LENA I BROOOKE A NAAAAIIIIILLLL D: D: D: D: D: moments.

Edit: Whoa, why the hell did I think level 9? They were 7. Damn, that's what I get for playing at 1 AM in the morning.

Edited by laws b122

Wow, Level 9 at Chapter 3 already? You have to love the generous exp system.

I forgot how few female units there actually are in this game. Your choices are:

Marth (isn't female, but you're including him)

Shiida

Lena

Athena

Maria

Minerva

Linde

Midia

Palla

Catria

Est

Chiki/Nagi

Kind of a tricky list of units to work around

Chiki/Nagi

I plan on getting both via the Aum staff trick.

What about Female Generics?

You can pretty tell by the sprites which set A's are female.

yes

Female generics are the exception. They're meatwalls/crude weakeners, just the same as Male generics.

I recently did a all female playthrough on h5. I would suggest focusing the majority of your stat boosters until the final secret shops on these 3 units. Caeda, Athena, and Lena. Lena should only be given mag/res items of course. Minerva can also makes good use of stat boosters just be prepared to put more into her than caeda/athena would need. I did dump boosters onto midia but her speed refused to grow despite the 70% growth in sniper route. Don't bother giving tiki the star orb. Lack of 2 range hurts her ability to actually run the thing out of uses in time for endgame so hammerne will do. Give it to a sniper with parthia instead. Or someone with gradivus of course.

I turned athena into a flying sedgar with stat boosters. I found it to be the best stategy. You can have her dismount when bows are a problem and go paladin of course. I actually never had her dismount though. If you have enough fliers with ridersbane/poleaxe access... the horseman are laughable since your not even taking damage on return.

Edited by Lancelot

dont see why Id give Lena mag items since itd just heal 1 more HP and shed still be useless at combat :/

Eh...C4 didn't suck as bad as I thought it would. Suicided Julian and some generics to slow down the cavs so they could get Wing Spear/Rapierd. Barst continues to be epic, Lena got a Stupid Sexy Flanders level up [Nothing at all! NOTHING AT ALL!] and I am very dissapointed to report that there were no real LEENA I BROKE A NAAAILLL D: D: D: D: moments. Since I'm reclassing her to Mage next chapter, I expect not to see any. That asshat Merric proc'd a crit on one of the horsemen, but I decided it wasn't worth erasing Barst's h4x level up for as I'm good for EXP anyway. I did recruit Merric, just for the sake of Wendell doing the Excalibur bomb.

9 Marth: 24 HP, 10 str, 9 AS, 9 def

9 Shiida: 20 HP, 5 str, 19 AS, 8 def

The amazing utility Barst 7: 27 HP, 13 str, 11 AS, 9 def, almost at B Axes [i so want to cheat and not kill him D:]

23 turn clear. Good, considering I wasn't really aiming for speed.

Edited by laws b122

I do know I'm pretty much going to HAVE to keep Barst around for a bit longer. I'll see if I still need him as a crutch once Athena joins [pretty sure I will]

That aside, Jagen died [Missed with Ridersbane and got doubled boy was I pissed], Merric and Matthis suicided, and Kashim has also gotten a hold of some RNG blessage despite me rarely giving him EXP. As you'll see shortly.

10 Marth: 24 HP, 10 str, 9 AS, 9 def

10 Shiida: 20 HP, 2 mag, 15 AS, 5 def

8 Barst: 28 HP, 14 str, 11 AS, 9 def

5 Kashim: 23 HP, 9 str, 8 AS, 6 def

cleared map in 13 turns. JUST missed getting Hardin out alive, and I'm keeping General Zag on hand until Horace joins.

I don't remember how C6 went, tell the truth. I remember a generic AK got mage critted, Marth killed Rickard for EXP, and I set up the boss kill for Shiida, but C6x went smoothly because it's a pretty easy chapter. I got a nice level up out of Vun Voman, that's really the only thing worth mentioning.

13 Marth: 26 HP, 11 str, 12 AS, 9 def

13 Shiida: 27 HP, 3 mag, 18 AS, 5 def

9 Barst: 29 HP, 15 str, 12 AS, 9 def

10 Lena: 19 HP, 3 mag, 10 AS, 3 def [Not bad, considering it's Lena]

11 Athena: 26 HP, 9 str, 14 AS, 8 def

C7: Gave Athena a good deal of kills, the wyvern kills, the Minerva kill, even the boss kill. Nearly suicided Bantu but I remembered I needed him for Chiki. I should mention that I've been using Wendell for a while too [He healed Athena along with Lena so she could take the boss]

13 Marth: 26 HP, 11 str, 12 AS, 9 def

15 Shiida: 28 HP, 4 mag, 20 AS, 5 def

13 Athena: 28 HP, 10 str, 14 AS, 8 def

14 Lena: 19 HP, 6 mag, 11 AS, 3 def

Other notes, I'm thinking I can stop relying on Barst when Minerva comes into play, so I'll probably kill him around then.

Also, I'm predicting a bit of a catfight over the first seal.

nothing really intresting happened in C8 except that Athena proc'd a str which was pretty cool

Edit: Well, sadly uber Barst died after he got a hp/str/spd level up, RIP man. After much frustration I was forced to sacrifice General Zag but it's not such a big deal because I got a generic General [Reclassed from Hero] better than he was anyway [more HP+Speed] Ceasar died as well, and while Jeroge died, I really don't care because I got a Generic Sniper BETTER THAN HIM [+5 HP, +1 str/spd/def] with Auto B Rank, so screw him. Pope still hasn't proc'd a speed despite being level 7 [95 EXP] so after this chapter he's probably history. Lena looks rather RNG blessed considering she's Lena [19 HP/7 mag/12 AS at lvl 17] I finally have some Ridersbane users as well since I just got a bunch of promoted generics, so I'm considering forging that. Other than that....nothing else to report.

C10: Well, a bunch of generic male units [i.e all of them] and Pope Wendell Benedict died. Got Minerva a bit of EXP off of the priest and Maria healwhored a couple of levels. The dracoknight I gave Ridersbane to also was nice enough to miss and get himself killed, leaving me with no ridersbane for this chapter, which was quite a pain. Fraulein Chesticles (Athena) killed the boss with armorslayer hax and Shiida's help. Turtled through this in 54 turns.

18 Marth: 30 HP, 14 str, 14 AS, 10 def

18 Shiida: 29 HP, 6 mag, 20 AS, 5 def

20 Lena: 19 HP, 8 mag, 12 AS, 3 def

17 Athena: 32 HP, 11 str, 16 AS, 8 def

5 Maria: 17 HP, 2 mag, 4 AS, 4 def. Yes, Maria actually got spd.

C11: Headaches ahoy. I was in a hurry to save Linde, but I wound up getting caught between a thief and a merc and I had to restart my game like 90 times before Athena could finally proc a crit kill and let me be on my merry way through this chapter. Maria got some freakishly good levels considering it's Maria [You'll see], Linde Aura-bombed Mr. 32 crit sniper for some good EXP, and a bunch of generics and Jake got killed.

Pre-C12, I pondered as to how to best allocate my stat boosters. I'm actually going to be using Shiida for fighting more often than Linde, so Shiida got the dust. I then noticed that Lena would actually be a pretty consistent doubler with a Wing, so she got the wing. Still not sure what I want to do with the Drop [MAYBE give it to Minerva, I'm not sure] so I'll hold onto it for now.

Speaking of stat boosters, I never mentioned it, but in case it didn't seem too obvious, Shiida got a robe.

Stats:

19 Marth: 30 HP, 15 str, 14 AS, 10 def

19 Shiida: 29 HP, 8 mag, 20 AS, 5 def (Dust, Robe)

18 Athena: 33 HP, 11 str, 17 AS, 8 def

20 Lena: 19 HP, 8 mag, 14 AS, 3 def (Wing)

2 Minerva: 29 HP, 9 str, 14 AS, 9 def

8 Maria: 18 HP, 5 mag, 5 AS, 4 def

2 Linde: 18 HP, 2 mag, 8 AS, 3 def

EDIT: A lot happened over C12 and C12x, provided anybody is even reading this. I got all three of my highest levelled females promoted, reclassed Midia to Draco and got her a level and a half in 12x, Minerva has been turning out awesome and is like 1 attack away from B Bows, saved Boa in C12 for Excalibur-bombing but I havent actually used him yet, and kept Horace alive for meatshielding in C13. Stats at the end of 12x:

20 Marth: 31 HP, 16 str, 15 AS, 11 def

3 Shiida: 36 HP, 9 mag, 22 AS, 6 def

2 Lena: 26 HP, 11 mag, 16 AS, 5 def

2 Athena: 40 HP, 15 str, 22 AS, 10 def

4 Minerva: 30 HP, 10 str, 15 AS, 10 def

2 Midia: 23 HP, 8 str, 10 AS, 11 def

8 Linde: 21 HP, 4 mag, 10 AS, 3 def

C13: Eh. Warped Shiida down to the lower three Ballistae to get them out of the way. Warped Minerva to deal with the upper two, warped Linde to finish a ballistae cuz she really needs EXP still. Baited the ballistae that were actually a threat with Horace and some generics. Horace died, but this is the only chapter I planned on actually using him anyway. C14 I fed Minerva most of the peg reinforcements [Midia got a bit too], weakened the boss with Armorslayer and gave Palla the kill because she hadn't gotten any EXP earlier. Also, I discovered that I don't really care about Excalibur bombing anymore. Boa with Excalibur does pretty much the same thing as Shiida/Lena with Fire, so I'm done keeping prepromote sages alive for the sole purpose of Excalibur. Reclassed Linde to Cleric to give her some more speed and some staff rank for when she promotes to Sage.

stats when i get back

21 Marth: 32 HP, 16 str, 16 AS, 11 def

5 Shiida: 37 HP, 9 mag, 24 AS, 6 def

4 Lena: 26 HP, 11 mag, 17 AS, 5 def

4 Athena: 42 HP, 16 str, 23 AS, 10 def

17 Maria: 20 HP, 8 mag, 5 spd, 4 def

6 Minerva: 32 HP, 11 str, 16 AS, 10 def

10 Linde: 21 HP, 5 mag, 10 AS, 2 def

4 Midia: 25 HP, 8 str, 12 AS, 11 def

4 Catria: 21 HP, 6 str, 13 AS, 9 def

Palla: still base

Edited by laws b122

So Gharnef kept trying to get into my business. I launched almost all of my generic units into his path [most of them sucked anyway, well I got a pretty cool 21 def general] and just barely kept him away in time. Dracos were stupid enough to target Minerva at 2 range [This is likely something to keep in mind, btw] so she counters with Silver Bow which she either kills with or leaves with 1 HP, an idiotic AI trait which was much exploited in this chapter. I got some excellent level ups here [just look] so I spammed end turn a lot before advancing just to make sure reinforcements wouldn't screw me up, this and some shopping propelling my turns to 60 turns. I know I said I'm not aiming for low turns, but still, I think at the very least I should put up when reinforcements end to make things slightly more convenient. I know Vincent has them already, but easier to have all your info in one place.

21 Marth: 32 HP, 16 str, 16 AS, 11 def

6 Shiida: 37 HP, 9 mag, 25 AS, 6 def

5 Lena: 26 HP, 11 mag, 17 AS, 5 def

7 Minerva: 32 HP, 12 str, 17 AS, 11 def

4 Athena: 42 HP, 16 str, 23 AS, 10 def

9 Catria: 25 HP, 9 str, 16 AS, 10 def [This is J version Catria, mind you]

10 Palla: 23 HP, 7 str, 13 AS, 10 def [ lol def twice in a row]

19 Maria: 21 HP, 8 mag, 5 AS, 4 def

5 Midia: 26 HP, 9 str, 13 AS, 11 def

13 Linde: 21 HP, 5 mag, 11 AS, 2 def

Also waiting to see this "epic Lena".

What you're currently seeing isn't enough?

Also, pretty sure I'm going to give Midia a drop. She needs it. Still not sure what I'm going to do with the other one.

Edited by laws b122

so she counters with Silver Bow which she either kills with or leaves with 1 HP, an idiotic AI trait which was much exploited in this chapter.
This is precisely why I asked you to keep track of how many ranged weapons we're actually seeing for your Enemy Stats Topic.