Magic the Gathering: Radiant Dawn

Progenitus

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how Titania's coin-flipping ability works with Absorb. Doesn't Absorb prevent combat damage? The only way she's killing more than 1 guy is by getting Gang-blocked. It's a shame she can only block one guy though.

Gatrie is HUGE. Really. Scute Mob's much bigger brother.

We need to run THREE colours to use the brothers' triangle attack? That's insane. >_<

Well to use the triangle attack in the real game you'd have to get all 3 promoted, right? That takes effort >_>

What about the pegs' triangle attack?

If you control any 3 of Sigrun, Tanith, Marcia, Elincia, target creature dies. Or something.

Also, does counter mean that if she takes 8 damage total from 3 different creatures, all 3 of them take 8 damage each?

Also, is Gatrie an infinite loop? He gets a +1/+1, then he gets another because of the first. Then he gets another because of the second, etc etc.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I don't know how Titania's coin-flipping ability works with Absorb. Doesn't Absorb prevent combat damage? The only way she's killing more than 1 guy is by getting Gang-blocked. It's a shame she can only block one guy though.

I dunno how to word it, but she's supposed to deal back damage even if it was absorbed (or partially absorbed).

If you control any 3 of Sigrun, Tanith, Marcia, Elincia, target creature dies. Or something.

Meh. Sounds too confusing.

Also, is Gatrie an infinite loop? He gets a +1/+1, then he gets another because of the first. Then he gets another because of the second, etc etc.

Don't think so, and it wasn't my intention. I should probably specify it though just in case.

I dunno how to word it, but she's supposed to deal back damage even if it was absorbed (or partially absorbed).

I'm guessing that this is because of the whole "Sol" thing. Is there no ability in Magic that lets a unit recover health by attacking stuff? Do cards even have health or do they simply die from an attack or not?

Meh. Sounds too confusing.

You could just make Elincia not capable of it. She's already likely better than the others (other pegs, that is) anyway.

Then again, a lot of them won't even KO with a crit anyway, I suppose.

As for the brothers, is it possible to make certain creatures immune? Like Legendary Creatures, or something? Because Deg, for example, won't die from a single crit.

Don't think so, and it wasn't my intention. I should probably specify it though just in case.

You could reword it, but I don't think it is very ambiguous in its current form. Just a little.

So, your intention wasn't for an infinite loop, but how about the

"At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on Gatrie"

Is that one supposed to get doubled?

Also, nice touch with Rolf. In RD he starts bad and it takes forever for his str growth to kick in. So every upkeep he gets stronger. I'd recommend (if it isn't too much) saying that when he has 5 charge counters he gets double strike, or something along those lines. It takes forever but he eventually doubles.

Also, like somebody else said: Reach. Unless Reach is like 3 range and Bow is like 2 range, or something. Maybe when Rolf gets to 8 charge counters (would a battle even take that long? Would Rolf survive that long?) or something he gets Reach.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I'm guessing that this is because of the whole "Sol" thing. Is there no ability in Magic that lets a unit recover health by attacking stuff? Do cards even have health or do they simply die from an attack or not?

Absorb >_>

Their health is their second number. Liek Titania is 5/4. 5 is her power/att. 4 is her toughness/life.

You could just make Elincia not capable of it. She's already likely better than the others (other pegs, that is) anyway.

Then again, a lot of them won't even KO with a crit anyway, I suppose.

Meh. Trying to fit all the wording onto Marcia and Tanith's cards (who I have planned already) will make the card really long.

As for the brothers, is it possible to make certain creatures immune? Like Legendary Creatures, or something? Because Deg, for example, won't die from a single crit.

I think if the guy can get rolf, Boyd, and oscar out on the battlefield and keep them alive (oscar's really the only one hard to kill), their ability should just be an instant kill.

So, your intention wasn't for an infinite loop, but how about the

"At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on Gatrie"

Yes.

Also, nice touch with Rolf. In RD he starts bad and it takes forever for his str growth to kick in. So every upkeep he gets stronger. I'd recommend (if it isn't to much) saying that when he has 5 charge counters he gets double strike, or something along those lines. It takes forever but he eventually doubles.

Also, like somebody else said: Reach. Unless Reach is like 3 range and Bow is like 2 range, or something. Maybe when Rolf gets to 8 charge counters (would a battle even take that long? Would Rolf survive that long?) or something he gets Reach.

Sounds good. At least the double striking. Reach lets you block creatures with flying, so it's not really useful for Rolf (who has only 2 toughness) anyway >_>

Absorb >_>

Then there is no issue, right? I thought the other person was implying that it reduces damage taken, not absorbs life from damage caused. Titania takes X damage from enemies and causes X in return. Any hp she recovers along the way doesn't mean she didn't take the damage in the first place.

Only question I have is how powerful does this become? Along the way, if she takes 3 damage, absorbs it back, takes 3, gets it back, etc etc and the total damage taken reaches 15 or more along the way, that's a lot of damage to cause. The only thing I can think of is to say "total amount of damage Titania has taken since Counter last activated" or something.

Their health is their second number. Liek Titania is 5/4. 5 is her power/att. 4 is her toughness/life.

Makes sense. I didn't know whether the second number was defence or hp.

Meh. Trying to fit all the wording onto Marcia and Tanith's cards (who I have planned already) will make the card really long.

True. Marcia's card is pretty long already. The Makalov and food things were funny. The card is too humourous to change.

I think if the guy can get rolf, Boyd, and oscar out on the battlefield and keep them alive (oscar's really the only one hard to kill), their ability should just be an instant kill.

You've got a point.

Yes.

Cool.

Sounds good. At least the double striking. Reach lets you block creatures with flying, so it's not really useful for Rolf (who has only 2 toughness) anyway >_>

Yeah, if that's all Reach does then it's likely to just get him killed faster.

Last questions:

Is it possible to give Mist some kind of kicker to let her heal for more than 3? Or is 3 already really good?

And I know you like the pimping thing for Rhys, and being able to control any number of female creatures simultaneously at no extra cost after enough upkeeps is really powerful already (or I assume so), but shouldn't he be able to heal?

And what does "frail 2" mean?

Then there is no issue, right? I thought the other person was implying that it reduces damage taken, not absorbs life from damage caused. Titania takes X damage from enemies and causes X in return. Any hp she recovers along the way doesn't mean she didn't take the damage in the first place.

Only question I have is how powerful does this become? Along the way, if she takes 3 damage, absorbs it back, takes 3, gets it back, etc etc and the total damage taken reaches 15 or more along the way, that's a lot of damage to cause. The only thing I can think of is to say "total amount of damage Titania has taken since Counter last activated" or something.

Absorb is a prevent damage skill, not necessarily restore skill. So I'm not 100% sure if the damage prevented with Absorb will trigger her second ability.

In MTG damage creatures take in one round doesn't carry over to the next. So if a creature has 4 life, and take 3 damage in one round, in the next round it's back at full "life".

Is it possible to give Mist some kind of kicker to let her heal for more than 3? Or is 3 already really good?

Well, there are regular non-creature spells that give you 6-7 life for 2 mana, and Mist gives you 3 for one mana and you can use her ability over and over again. She's easy to kill, but I think 3 is pretty good.

And I know you like the pimping thing for Rhys, and being able to control any number of female creatures simultaneously at no extra cost after enough upkeeps is really powerful already (or I assume so), but shouldn't he be able to heal?

You're right >_>

And what does "frail 2" mean?

Frail <cost>

Creatures your opponents control gain "{param1}, T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature with Frail."

It means your opponent can pay 2 mana and tap a creature and it deals damage to that creature with frail. Since Rhys has only 1 life he's pretty much dead.

Absorb is a prevent damage skill, not necessarily restore skill. So I'm not 100% sure if the damage prevented with Absorb will trigger her second ability.

In MTG damage creatures take in one round doesn't carry over to the next. So if a creature has 4 life, and take 3 damage in one round, in the next round it's back at full "life".

Okay, so maybe:

total amount of damage Titania would have taken this round if not for Absorb

instead of

total amount of damage Titania has taken

I'm not sure if it is necessary or not, though. I'm just thinking, even if she took 3 damage two rounds ago, she still took it.

I suppose my wording is kinda ick, though. I'm going for two additions:

the damage only from this round rather than since she showed up, and

the damage she would have taken if Absorb wasn't on her

Well, there are regular non-creature spells that give you 6-7 life for 2 mana, and Mist gives you 3 for one mana and you can use her ability over and over again. She's easy to kill, but I think 3 is pretty good.

I was just thinking how she can either use heal or mend. I suppose Mend is rather inexpensive in RD already, though, so it might not be necessary to differentiate.

Looking at Laura, what does "Regenerate target creature" mean?

Frail <cost>

Creatures your opponents control gain "{param1}, T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature with Frail."

It means your opponent can pay 2 mana and tap a creature and it deals damage to that creature with frail. Since Rhys has only 1 life he's pretty much dead.

Thinking of that, when Rhys dies do the controlled females go back to the other team? If so, "This effect lasts as long as Rhys lives". If not, I like the word "indefinitely".

Regenerate is a bit hard to describe, but basically if a creature was about to die, regenerate makes it not die. There are some rules behind it and such (I think regenerated creatures were removed from combat?)

Thinking of that, when Rhys dies do the controlled females go back to the other team? If so, "This effect lasts as long as Rhys lives". If not, I like the word "indefinitely".

Should last forever even if Rhys leaves play.

Anyway, I'm asking for wording help on the MTG board at gamefaqs, for Titania and Gatrie.

The "extra" +1/+1 counter for Gatrie effect also means he gets twice as many from other effects that let you put +1/+1 counters on creatures. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head right now don't apply to him though since they're either Modular (which only works on Artifact creatures) or effects for specific creatures (such as the Sliths). <_>

I'm sure there are, I just don't keep up with MTG enough to know (the last time I got new cards was Time Spiral).

Perhaps make it say "Whenever a +1/+1 counter is placed on Gatrie, you can remove it and put a +2/+2 counter on him instead" or something like that?

Edited by Paperblade

Perhaps make it say "Whenever a +1/+1 counter is placed on Gatrie, you can remove it and put a +2/+2 counter on him instead" or something like that?

You have a point. That eliminates any form of ambiguity completely. I think the original sounds a bit cooler, but this way perhaps gets the point across better.

The mtg board gave me a better wording for Gatrie.

If an effect would place one or more +1/+1 counters on ~, it places twice that many of those counters on that permanent instead.

It was from an old card, so the wording must be fine. Still waiting on Titania though.

I love Sigrun's card.

I don't. Str is actually one of her few decent growths. If her base wasn't a mere one higher than Mia's (with 12 extra levels and 9 GM chapters later) she'd probably have decent str (sucky spd growth making sucky speed even with a better base and thus still a not so good unit, but decent str nonetheless).

but at the same time, the card is just too funny, so I guess it's fine after all.