Magic the Gathering: Radiant Dawn

Progenitus

Elincia didn't get availability (I should add it, her availability is terrible), but Nealuchi did.

I didn't put availability on all the CRKs because they're not as bad as Geof's case, who randomly disappears until 4-5 unlike the other CRKs who at least join in 3-11. The other CRKs' bad availability is reflected in what I think are relatively poor stats and abilities. well, Kieran and maybe Danved might be too good since they're some of my favorite characters in Tellius :awesome:

I actually forgot that Jill and Zihark can switch to the GMs. Zihark's flip ability is more to represent his really odd phases in the game. In DB chapters he's got one of the best offense and mediocre defense. Then when he hits part 4 (I didn't want to say "ZIhark - Part 4" so I just put Greil Mercenaries) he suddenly gets mediocre offense but one of the best defense. I can't think of any other character in the game who makes a drastic turnaround. Usually when part 4 comes around a character will get worse in both offense and defense (like Aran or Sothe) or get better in both (like Nolan or Mia). Or one area will get better or worse and the other area will stay the same (like Ike, whose offense probably takes a dip in part 4 due to more doubling issues but durability stays about the same, or Titania whose offense stays about the same but 20% def growth bites her in the ass and her durability starts to fall behind).

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, oh please don't overuse Availability. If it shows up on all the Part 4 joiners then it's going to get very tired and annoying. Just restrict it to the units that leave for a long time, okay? >_<

Oh no, I'm not gonna give availability to the late joiners (probably will just make them more expensive to cast with more pow/tough and whatnot, to reflect their higher bases). Availability is generally limited to units whose availability makes them fall behind when they rejoin, like Tauroneo, Tormod, Nealuchi, etc. Nailah didn't get availability because even though she skips out for a long time, when she does rejoin she still kicks ass.

Elincia didn't get availability (I should add it, her availability is terrible), but Nealuchi did.

You're right. That's what I get for skimming.

I didn't put availability on all the CRKs because they're not as bad as Geof's case, who randomly disappears until 4-5 unlike the other CRKs who at least join in 3-11. The other CRKs' bad availability is reflected in what I think are relatively poor stats and abilities. well, Kieran and maybe Danved might be too good since they're some of my favorite characters in Tellius :awesome:

Oh no, I'm not gonna give availability to the late joiners (probably will just make them more expensive to cast with more pow/tough and whatnot, to reflect their higher bases). Availability is generally limited to units whose availability makes them fall behind when they rejoin, like Tauroneo, Tormod, Nealuchi, etc. Nailah didn't get availability because even though she skips out for a long time, when she does rejoin she still kicks ass.

Good points. Makes sense.

I don't think Elincia needs availability, though, based on that reasoning. The "kicker" looks somewhat expensive, though since I don't play I don't really know. I guess it reflects how she doesn't actually start with Amiti. Also, by not giving her a way to get quad strike (if the skill even exists in Magic) you are already reflecting the availability thing, I think.

Also, what does Haste do? I've seen it on a few units.

I actually forgot that Jill and Zihark can switch to the GMs. Zihark's flip ability is more to represent his really odd phases in the game. In DB chapters he's got one of the best offense and mediocre defense. Then when he hits part 4 (I didn't want to say "ZIhark - Part 4" so I just put Greil Mercenaries) he suddenly gets mediocre offense but one of the best defense. I can't think of any other character in the game who makes a drastic turnaround. Usually when part 4 comes around a character will get worse in both offense and defense (like Aran or Sothe) or get better in both (like Nolan or Mia). Or one area will get better or worse and the other area will stay the same (like Ike, whose offense probably takes a dip in part 4 due to more doubling issues but durability stays about the same, or Titania whose offense stays about the same but 20% def growth bites her in the ass and her durability starts to fall behind).

Again, good point, though I was thinking that you were mostly giving them their abilities based on how they are when they show up. I suppose Aran is more a few levels along the way (and probably a few other cards are like that too, I just can't tell) so my assumption was likely wrong. Yeah, if that's your thought process then there is no reason to give Jill a flip.

astrid can be useful in certain scenarios, making her more worthwhile than Meg or Fiona

Well, I'd rather Astrid simply die than have to shoot myself in the foot. So even Meg's punishment is worse than Astrid's (who simply dies instantly).

And Fiona causes you to lose the game.

So even here, Astrid is arguably better than the other two.

I actually made some changes to cards I already posted (like Meg, she doesn't make you shoot yourself in the foot anymore), but this time I think I'll wait until I finish all the creatures (I'm about halfway there) before I repost everyone.

Also, I added a new keyword.

Frail <cost>

Creatures your opponents control gain "{param1}, T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature with Frail."

Edited by Andrew W.K.

So I'm proud to present to everyone the (first draft of the) Legendary Lands of Tellius. I said I was going to do all the creatures first before I do non-creatures, but I went to the magic the gathering board on gamefaqs for balancing help on these lands.

For some reason, that one phrase in Castle Gallia card will NOT separate when I put a space. Whenever I put a space between Castle and Gallia, it just disappears after I move to a different card. fukkin glitch

EDIT: Redid soem of the lands, so i'm reuploading all of them.

EDIT: see new post for the updated lands

Edited by Andrew W.K.

These lands that do damage remind me of UG Madness, lol.

Why are Melior and Nevassa mentioned? They're capital cities, not the names of the castle/keep. And you can make Sienne more in line with the rest by naming it Mainal Cathedral.

In other news, holy shit @ Terra Stomper. Catastrophe mentioned that guy on the first page (a 6 mana for 8/8? I had to check it myself)

Card Name:

Terra Stomper

Mana Cost:

3GreenGreenGreen

Converted Mana Cost:

Types:

Creature — Beast

Card Text:

Terra Stomper can't be countered.

Trample

Flavor Text:

Sometimes violent earthquakes, hurtling boulders, and unseasonable dust storms are wrongly attributed to the Roil.

wtfisthisshit

EDIT: and it's really cheap on ebay. 4 for liek $3.50. That means... there are better cards than this.

Baloth Woodcrasher...

....wtf

I guess these ridiculous cards are more common than I thought. Then again the last time I played magic was Ravnica, so maybe Wizards just started cards that are ballin out of control.

It could well be happening. I'll just wait a little longer, someone will probably come up with a better CMC 6 green creature off the top of their head.

And of course there's a certain planeswalker that costs 5, I believe and is pretty much the epitome of broken green-ness. Apparently. I'm a noob. :3

Rampaging Baloths is at least competing with Woodcrasher!

You mean Garruck Wildspeaker for the Planeswalker, I assume? CMC is 4, and yes, fairly broken.

Less sure about all the big green creatures necessarily being broken, though. Black has plenty of kill spells for 3 or less, blue can counter the ones not named Terra Stomper for 2 or 3 mana and has plenty of ways to return creatures to your hand to delay them, white can Path to Exile any of them for 1 mana and has plenty of cheap Enchantments that will usually put a creature out of the game, mono red is probably trying to win before these creatures come into play and has Act of Treason and Mark of Mutiny to turn these creatures against you for a turn. With all of the other colors having all this stuff green really does need it's creatures to be awesome if it's going to pay 6 mana for them.

In other news, holy shit @ Terra Stomper. Catastrophe mentioned that guy on the first page (a 6 mana for 8/8? I had to check it myself)

Card Name:

Terra Stomper

Mana Cost:

3GreenGreenGreen

Converted Mana Cost:

Types:

Creature — Beast

Card Text:

Trample

Flavor Text:

Sometimes violent earthquakes, hurtling boulders, and unseasonable dust storms are wrongly attributed to the Roil.

wtfisthisshit

EDIT: and it's really cheap on ebay. 4 for liek $3.50. That means... there are better cards than this.

Baloth Woodcrasher...

....wtf

I guess these ridiculous cards are more common than I thought. Then again the last time I played magic was Ravnica, so maybe Wizards just started cards that are ballin out of control.

It could well be happening. I'll just wait a little longer, someone will probably come up with a better CMC 6 green creature off the top of their head.

And of course there's a certain planeswalker that costs 5, I believe and is pretty much the epitome of broken green-ness. Apparently. I'm a noob. :3

You mean Garruck Wildspeaker for the Planeswalker, I assume? CMC is 4, and yes, fairly broken.

Less sure about all the big green creatures necessarily being broken, though. Black has plenty of kill spells for 3 or less, blue can counter the ones not named Terra Stomper for 2 or 3 mana and has plenty of ways to return creatures to your hand to delay them, white can Path to Exile any of them for 1 mana and has plenty of cheap Enchantments that will usually put a creature out of the game, mono red is probably trying to win before these creatures come into play and has Act of Treason and Mark of Mutiny to turn these creatures against you for a turn. With all of the other colors having all this stuff green really does need it's creatures to be awesome if it's going to pay 6 mana for them.

I think he's talking about Nissa 'watchmeplaymywholedeck' Revane, not Garruk Wildspeaker (who certainly isn't broken).

Actually, hang on, Nissa is 4 mana too? INFACT, there are no green planeswalkers that cost 5 - they all cost 4. So it's not really easy to tell which one it is.

Card Name:

Terra Stomper

Mana Cost:

3GreenGreenGreen

Converted Mana Cost:

Types:

Creature — Beast

Card Text:

Trample

Flavor Text:

wtfisthisshit

Baloth Woodcrasher...

....wtf

I think he's talking about Nissa 'watchmeplaymywholedeck' Revane, not Garruk Wildspeaker (who certainly isn't broken).

Actually, hang on, Nissa is 4 mana too? INFACT, there are no green planeswalkers that cost 5 - they all cost 4. So it's not really easy to tell which one it is.

I was referring to Garruk, but yeah, Nissa crossed my mind too (they cost four, yeah, sorry about that). And the creature Smash was FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFing over was green, so I mentioned some more greens. I don't doubt that they might be handicapped against certain other colours, particularly black and blue. We all know how big creatures get raped by control.