Can you use the Afa's Drops on Merlinus?

Florete

Not that I would want to. It's just that I was browsing the Battle History page of FE7 and Merlinus has quotes in the Battle History. I know that the person who says this is whoever you used the Afa's Drops on, so how is it possible?

Hmm, I'll look into that.

I seem to remember getting Merlinus on one of my game files though. His "Oh! I weep such tears of gratitude and joy!" quote is pretty hard to mistake XD

EDIT

You can do it actually.

First, you need to make Merlinus obtain an item from a village. When you get to the Battle Preparations menu, use the List option and find Merlinus, then trade him the Afa's Drops. You can then make him use it (or a stat-booster) during the chapter.

Athos? I thought they were talking about Merlinus. Unless you were using Athos as an example or some such. Besides, wasn't she just brainstorming?

Yeah we are talking about Merlinius or whatever his names.

Personally, (but I can't remember) I just sell them since I really don't have a need for them

Probably my best use of an Afa's Drops was when I de-nerfed my fourth Hector with it. Oddly, the only time Nino didn't get the drops, she capped like crazy.

Edited by Dr.Dorian

She is a rather large amount of trouble to go through for, but I work the rest of my team so hard that the small amount of people I train, say Bartre, Raven, Dart, Hector, Lyn, possibly a Pegasus and/or a color knight, not counting any healers, are all reasonably close to topping out by game's end anyway, so I'm not really missing out on training when using her. Plus she's a good enough unit to end up able to righteously murder almost anything, and she can often mop the chandelier with any of my other magic units even if she hasn't been promoted and they have (on one occasion, level 15 Nino > level 28 Erk). Plus I like a unit with Rocky-style leveling curve, mostly because it seems like they really earned their right to party.

Even still, why would you give Afa's Drop to Merlinus? It should go to someone who needs it such as Nino. Not that it matters since I don't use Afa's Drop at all.

fix'd

I wouldn't, I was just curious as to how you could

Yeah we are talking about Merlinius or whatever his names.

Personally, (but I can't remember) I just sell them since I really don't have a need for them

I don't think you can sell them.

She is a rather large amount of trouble to go through for, but I work the rest of my team so hard that the small amount of people I train, say Bartre, Raven, Dart, Hector, Lyn, possibly a Pegasus and/or a color knight, not counting any healers, are all reasonably close to topping out by game's end anyway, so I'm not really missing out on training when using her. Plus she's a good enough unit to end up able to righteously murder almost anything, and she can often mop the chandelier with any of my other magic units even if she hasn't been promoted and they have (on one occasion, level 15 Nino > level 28 Erk). Plus I like a unit with Rocky-style leveling curve, mostly because it seems like they really earned their right to party.

You said it, man. That's the power of Nino

Not necessarily, Pent is consider to be the most useful Pre-promotes amongst most expertises. Pre-promotes usually saves your fund ratings such as wasting a promotion items on your potential units. Also, Pent is able to surpass Erk by both average stat totals and the fact that he starts out with a A rank staff.

Not necessarily, Pent is consider to be the most useful Pre-promotes amongst most expertises.

Who are these "most expertises"?

Anyway, I was kind of referring to the fact that not everybody views pre-promotes in that way.

I'm pretty sure the majority still think pre-promotes are a waste of time. Also, only a minority care about rankings- most probably just care about raising "awesome" characters. Most of this is just assumption on my part though...

Pre-premotes don't have the same chances for leveling up as your other characters. Given the choice, I'd pick Erk or Nino over Pent. It's not that he's a bad character, just that he doesn't have as many opportunities to get closer to capping stats as the other two mages do.

Who are these "most expertises"?

Anyway, I was kind of referring to the fact that not everybody views pre-promotes in that way.

I'm pretty sure the majority still think pre-promotes are a waste of time. Also, only a minority care about rankings- most probably just care about raising "awesome" characters. Most of this is just assumption on my part though...

I meant by most expert players that I know so far pretty much, but its quite true actually, I would only use Pre-promotes whenever I really care about my fund ratings though.

You could probably play through Eliwood's Normal mode using just pre-promotes. That would be an interesting challenge.