What was the point of putting dark mages into the game?

Luminothe

What drug was IS on when they decided to let us play the dar mage class. IT sucks!! Dark mages/sorceres are completely useless. I s there any use/point to them?

[20:15] grandjackal: what's the point of a dark mage in this game? i mean...you'd think it'd be a mage who can take a shot who isn't fast, but no, they're just shitty

[20:16] Me: Absolutely none whatsoever other than to say "oh look we brought shamans back!"

Make the mage look different for Class B basically. Small statistical differences but insignificant.

Edited by Vergil

They could've just given Class Set B the Cleric.

I don't think IS wanted the Dark Mage class to be as bad as it is; we just need to get new play testers and out the ones who agreed to let royals into FE10.

And they should stop blatantly hating Falco Knights. Not Pegasus Knights. Falco Knights.

When I saw the thread under "recently added topics" I thought it was going to be about how halfassedly dark mages were introduced in Radiant Dawn with no real explanation other than "lol they're rare".

Oh well ...

Also I suppose the idea behind Dark Mage was to have a 'mage tank' while Bishop is the weak and speedy mage and Sage is the balanced mage.

It does allow a fast magic user(Cord) much earlier in the game plus they can generally survive one hit until the enemies get silver weapons in H5 until they promote to sorcerors then they can survive a single silver weapon hit but die to Fire Mamkutes and Brave weapons. They probably should've added staffs to the Dark Mage to balance out the fact that Sorcerors turn out worse than Mage/Cleric->Sages.

When I saw the thread under "recently added topics" I thought it was going to be about how halfassedly dark mages were introduced in Radiant Dawn with no real explanation other than "lol they're rare".

Oh well ...

Also I suppose the idea behind Dark Mage was to have a 'mage tank' while Bishop is the weak and speedy mage and Sage is the balanced mage.

It does allow a fast magic user(Cord) much earlier in the game plus they can generally survive one hit until the enemies get silver weapons in H5 until they promote to sorcerors then they can survive a single silver weapon hit but die to Fire Mamkutes and Brave weapons. They probably should've added staffs to the Dark Mage to balance out the fact that Sorcerors turn out worse than Mage/Cleric->Sages.

Too bad Cord only has 10% MAG growth and will suck in everything else.

EVEN SEDGAR IS BAD AS A SORCERER. SEDGAR, WHO IS AWESOME AS ANYTHING ELSE.

There never was a friggin point of putting a dark mage in the game. There's only one sorcerer that comes like that in the entire game.

good job making yourself look like an idiot, Al...

Actually, Etzel is the only Berserker Sorceror that joins you as that class. No one joins you as a DM.

Who?

There is a generic replacement.

:/

Actually, I have a question myself: Is it really true that you may only receive one Dark Mage as a generic replacement? Generics don't count towards the class limit; I don't see why you can't get more than one. Is there some rule I'm missing, or is this just observed to be true?

Who?

There is a generic replacement.

:/

Actually, I have a question myself: Is it really true that you may only receive one Dark Mage as a generic replacement? Generics don't count towards the class limit; I don't see why you can't get more than one. Is there some rule I'm missing, or is this just observed to be true?

I think generics are spawned randomly from class to class.....

The classes are random for generics everytime. There is no single "generic Dark Mage replacement". You get a free slot to start. If the class is not totally full, a generic maybe become that class.

Say you reclass Zagaro to a Sorcerer. You won't get any generic Dark Mages or Sorcerers afterwards.