Meet the Heavy

I am The Heavy

post-1609-125932399145_thumb.jpg\.\

I blow you away with minigun.

I have yet to meet someone who can outsmart bullet.

(Seriously...)

I play FPS games for the most part, but Fire Emblem is the biggest exception for me. I LOVE THAT SERIES and I hope it never dies!

And... I... don't know what else should be... said... other... than... that... I'm not going to boycott Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. (Like the people who have a problem with it will stop its momentum).

What? My elitism is better than yours? What are you saying?

It am saying that

• you should be aware that FE fans can sometimes be even more cocky and insulting than most other fandoms towards someone being bad at FE or just having different opinions.
  • your posts in Far from the Forest shouldn't far outweigh your posts on the other boards as the focus switching from the actual FE boards to the spam board has been one of the bigger reasons for the downfall of many FE forums.
  • you should behave. Now everyone has a different perception of what is considered to be good behavior so let's go with something where you'd be thrown out quickly for not behaving as an example.

It am saying that

• you should be aware that FE fans can sometimes be even more cocky and insulting than most other fandoms towards someone being bad at FE or just having different opinions.
  • your posts in Far from the Forest shouldn't far outweigh your posts on the other boards as the focus switching from the actual FE boards to the spam board has been one of the bigger reasons for the downfall of many FE forums.
  • you should behave. Now everyone has a different perception of what is considered to be good behavior so let's go with something where you'd be thrown out quickly for not behaving as an example.

Aye... Well, I haven't done well my first day, made myself look like a retard. It's one day, I'll do what I can to make amends by following the rules and not make jokes. (I clearly don't have the right sense of humor for this place).

Edited by TheHeavy

It am saying that

Aye... Well, I haven't done well my first day, made myself look like a retard. It's one day, I'll do what I can to make amends by following the rules and not make jokes. (I clearly don't have the right sense of humor for this place).

I wouldn't say that the people who keep posting that tell a lot of how these forums are. Essentially, 2 or 3 people have found that posting that in every thread. They're not actually helpful, as they sound rather rude (and thus won't be followed), but is rather likely to scare people off.

So those people aren't saying that to you, they just think they're being clever by saying it to everyone. Quite simply: I'd advise you to ignore him, as those posts are likely to do more good than harm.

I have now made the impression of being on your side. It's just a matter of time before you turn your back on me, and in goes the knife!

Greetings, weighty comrade, and welcome to the forest.

Don't worry yourself too much over Ike-Mike's cryptic message that he posts in every introduction. Even if you're not an old hand with Fire Emblem communities it's easy enough to avoid any trouble by posting cautiously and avoiding confrontations. I disagree with him that Fire Emblem fans are any different from other fans--in every group the self-perceived veterans will be elitists, whether it's a Fire Emblem board or a StarCraft board or a soup kitchen.

Why do you think that Modern Warfare 2 will have momentum? Modern Warfare 1 wasn't exactly the greatest game and its sequel doesn't seem much better in gameplay and doesn't even allow servers for online play!

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/16479252747

This is the type of music that I like, although I do like classical too.

Take it like a man I shall, Icing. Now put that gun down and go back to whatever it was that you were doing.

(I just want to say also that I will be a somewhat inactive user, I'll post now and then, but not too often).

Edited by TheHeavy

I only got TF2 last week, and I do most of my killing with the engineer with a well placed level 3 turret.

And thanks for stomping on my taste of music Hero. I like music that sounds good, nothing else to it, doesn't matter what it's related to.

Edited by TheHeavy

And thanks for stomping on my taste of music Hero. I like music that sounds good, nothing else to it, doesn't matter what it's related to.

A few days later I can see that post doesn't really express what I was thinking. I'm disappointed that you would write me off as being hostile.

I don't listen to too much video game music outside of video games, except a couple CDs of symphonic adaptations of DQ music I keep in my car. Most of what I do listen to is either more than fifty years old, taken from a movie soundtrack or is folk music. I'm not in a very good position to stomp anyone's taste as being nerdy.

A few days later I can see that post doesn't really express what I was thinking. I'm disappointed that you would write me off as being hostile.

I don't listen to too much video game music outside of video games, except a couple CDs of symphonic adaptations of DQ music I keep in my car. Most of what I do listen to is either more than fifty years old, taken from a movie soundtrack or is folk music. I'm not in a very good position to stomp anyone's taste as being nerdy.

Sarcasm...