I think IS really hated Leonardo...

ARCHERS SUCK. /obviousness for the last five or more years.

Lol@Shinon sucking.

When has Shinon ever been an "Archer"?

Some people make the distinction between "Archer"s sucking, and Bow Fighters or Snipers or other tier 2 classes or tier 1 classes that actually had good ones. Some don't, so he may have been implying Shinon sucks as well, but I doubt it.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shinon's amazing. period.

rolf is actually pretty good in radiant dawn and pathof radiance.

leo, however is a piece of crap with a bow that allows him not to get double attacked(on most occasions)

and for all those who hate eddie, you're crazy, my man is a beast.He doubles everything, loves to crit, rarely hit, highest swordmaster strength, cadabolg, yeah...

Rolf is shit in either game. If you got him instead of Shinon in Ch. 3, then he might have done something useful.

He has terrible bases in PoR (Lower base DEF than MIA and the same base SPD as Boyd) and is stuck to a terrible weapon type (lol 8 MT weapon with base 6 STR). IT doesn't get much better when you consider his S weapon is lol Double Bow. EVEN HIS KILL WEAPON HAS LESS CRIT THAN THE OTHERS. And let's look at growths:

40% STR, 30% DEF, 25% RES, and 40% LCK. jesus. He's terrible, easily one of the worst units in the game. At least Shinon has wtfgrowths.

NOW FOR RD:

YAY he made a jump from Bottom Tier to Lowermid!

HE EVEN GETS A SHITTIER BASE STR THAN NEARLY EVERY UNIT IN PART 1 AND HAS THE WORST BASE STR IN HIS GROUP. Not counting Rhys, Soren, and Mist of course. Sure, Mist gets to use lolswords, but she's really just stuck to healing. And like you said, Shinon destroys Rolf in RD.

rolf gets better growths this time but he still has 35% DEF. It doesn't help him when Shinon beats him in EVERYTHING VIA BASES.

Rolf is shit in either game. If you got him instead of Shinon in Ch. 3, then he might have done something useful.

He has terrible bases in PoR (Lower base DEF than MIA and the same base SPD as Boyd) and is stuck to a terrible weapon type (lol 8 MT weapon with base 6 STR). IT doesn't get much better when you consider his S weapon is lol Double Bow. EVEN HIS KILL WEAPON HAS LESS CRIT THAN THE OTHERS. And let's look at growths:

40% STR, 30% DEF, 25% RES, and 40% LCK. jesus. He's terrible, easily one of the worst units in the game. At least Shinon has wtfgrowths.

NOW FOR RD:

HE EVEN GETS A SHITTIER BASE STR THAN NEARLY EVERY UNIT IN PART 1 AND HAS THE WORST BASE STR IN HIS GROUP. Not counting Rhys, Soren, and Mist of course. Sure, Mist gets to use lolswords, but she's really just stuck to healing. And like you said, Shinon destroys Rolf in RD.

rolf gets better growths this time but he still has 35% DEF. It doesn't help him when Shinon beats him in EVERYTHING VIA BASES.

In the end, they are roughly the same. Its really just a matter of prefernce.

Rolf isn't hard to train. The GMs leave chip damage for Rolf to use.

Edited by Bryan

Wiggle room, people. The subtext doesn't even need to be THERE.

I've seen...fanworks involving Leonardo and Micaiah. IKE and Micaiah, even.

Ike and Micaiah seems like it would have a lot more material to work with. Even though a romantic pairing b/w them seems improbable given the available material, I think it's easier to twist an abundance of material than expand off of a near famine of it.

I feel like they have at least 2 fairly length info convos and a fair amount of interaction in the main-game script during the course of the game, which is a lot less than you can say for Leo or Ed's interaction w/ anybody.

I didn't realize that Edward and Leonardo had enough "screentime" for anyone to bother shipping them.

It's the screentime they DON'T have is why it's like that

NOW FOR RD:

In the end, they are roughly the same. Its really just a matter of prefernce.

Rolf isn't hard to train. The GMs leave chip damage for Rolf to use.

preference ≠ stats

Rolf is hard as FUCK to train if you don't abuse all of your BEXP on him. Then sure, he becomes AVERAGE with those growths of his. Just screw him and use Soren; at least he not only 2-ranges as well, but targets RES.

Shinon=mega beast

Rolf=decent maybe a little more attack than shinon once he can double but a bit worse in everything else

Leo=he comes with a dracoshield for a reason. The most use I ever got from him is sitting on a ledge in 3-13 with beast foe

The most use I ever got from him is sitting on a ledge in 3-13 with beast foe

IMO even that's a waste of a good beastfoe, Jill can do wonders on the right side w/ that.

Just stand him on a center edge with lugh and (if he's about the strength my leo usually is) he kills a laguz once every 3 or 4 turns. And can one round ravens and hawks if he hits them.

wtf

Oh shit, I meant Crossbow. I guess I misclicked on Knives...

EDIT: I admit I felt sort of "Huh?" when I noticed there was an anti-laguz weapon for bows that was suddenly there now.

Edited by Sedgar the Hero

wtf

Oh shit, I meant Crossbow. I guess I misclicked on Knives...

EDIT: I admit I felt sort of "Huh?" when I noticed there was an anti-laguz weapon for bows that was suddenly there now.

Beastfoe is a skill scroll anyone can use. That's why I was saying it wasn't worth giving to leonardo.