I don't get it

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not as if Sacred Stones is my favourite game, but I hardly understand any hate for it, if any.

The worst I can conceive is because it's "too easy", but if that really bugs you, you can go find one of the many FE8 Maniac Mode patches (or whatever they're called. /I'd/ call any one I make Maniac Mode. But that's... yeah. Irrelevant.)

I don't think I've heard anyone ever say they "hate" FE8, but that it is their least liked Fire Emblem game, because of it's generally low difficulty level, even on the Hard mode.

I really enjoy the game myself (more than FE9, to be honest) even if it is easy for me.

I hate its guts!

Nah, I dunno why. I guess since were all strategists we want a challenge, but hey. What do I know?

SS monsters are actually almost like a copy of the FE2 monsters if I'm not mistaken. Some extra.

I like SS, but yes some people really don't like it. I don't really think any of the GBA FEs get close to the level of PoR or RD, but they are still really fun to me and great for GBA.

Edited by Rafael

I liked FE8 a lot. It was my favorite FE game until I started playing the SNES ones. FE3 and especially, FE4 and FE5, were all way better than FE8 imo.

I love how a large complaint about this game is "it's too easy to grind everyone" when the tower and skirmishes are much less profitable for leveling up than the arena that has been present in all GBA games. Arena gives you money and costs no weapon uses, and winning there gives you much more EXP than killing any non-boss monster, while for tower/skirmish grinding you need to buy weapons.

I don't understand the complaints either.

If you add in the Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins chapters, the game isn't short at all. It actually has more chapters than FE7, along with a greater re-playability.

All in all, you cannot complain that it's both easier and shorter than FE7. If it's easier, you (most likely) went to the Tower/Ruins, if it's shorter, you most likely didn't.

I'd say that the chapters, difficulty and length of FE8 matches FE7, if you just put some slight effort into making it so (a patch, for instance, or refusing to use certain characters, etc). The storyline, however, doesn't. The characters of FE7 are also more fleshed out and better in general.

Just for the heck of it, compare the number of actual chapters.

FE7:

32 chapters forced on Lyn/Hector mode

8 Gaiden chapters

Total: 40/42 chapters

FE8:

10 forced Chapters pre-split

12 route chapters (either Eirika's or Ephraims)

8 forced chapter after routes end

Tower of Valni - 8 chapters

Lagdou Ruins - 10 chapters

Total: 48 chapters

FE8's are slightly shorter, so the games end up being pretty much equally long. You cannot blame for being short if you do not properly finish it.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they hate this game, just that it's the one people like the least most often. I found it fun to play and wouldn't even put it at the bottom of my FE list.

Like everyone, not hate it. I don't find it boring because of it's difficulty, it was the lame story most of all and the fact that the characters were an improved expy of the FE7 ones.

The characters are boring as hell. The story is boring. I have never seen such promiscuous royalty before(face it, there's craploads of pairings available for the lords, Tana, Innes and such)

The least this game could give us was canon twincest and Seth.

Liek the story was almost the same as FE7 except better (no lyn) and every other lord has had just as many pairings.

I'm not even talking about the Lord(class). I'm just saying that it's just a massive orgy of all the royalties.

Edited by Rei of Nanto

Liek the story was almost the same as FE7 except better (no lyn) and every other lord has had just as many pairings.

I'm not even talking about the Lord(class). I'm just saying that it's just a massive orgy of all the royalties.

You wanna see an orgy check out Roy's support list. 6 women ftw, and

*spoilers*

iirc he gets Guinevere if you don't get him a paired ending with anyone, so really he's got 7 women

Anyways, complaints about FE8's story are hilarious and wrong. FE8 has Gheb, and the twin lords get married at the end. The only other game that can come even close is FE7 through the combined powers of Batta and Glass.