Oh, Intelligent Systems ...

Ike-Mike

Instead of making a new Fire Emblem, Advance Wars or even Paper Mario you're making a rail shooter that's supposed to raise our environmental awareness. :awesome:

I can even see that the textures are recycled from Radiant Dawn!

And I'm pretty much going to buy it since I'm a hopeless case of an Intelligent Systems fan.

Edited by Ike-Mike

I'm the biggest IS fan around, because I hate them more than anything else.

EDIT: And Starfox started sucking after they announced Dinosaur Planet, mainly because:

1. Oh great, Nintendo is trying to improve one of their series by making it a dumbed down carbon copy of a very successful series. And fail.

2. They're trying something new and gimmicky; the staff, Tricky, etc. That's good and all, but the fans wanted 100% pure Arwing action, not some faggot triceratops that can dig and a magical 4 foot dildo that glows.

3. Krystal. Krystal Krystal Krystal. What she has done to gaming... First, the douches decided that Fox needed a love interest. Then they just copypasted every Nintendo Princess ever into one furry icon; d.o.d. syndrome, a past that is NEVER explored or expanded upon (TO THIS DAY even) and just reeks of sex appeal. Now we have people bawwwwwing over Krystal not being in Brawl since she's so "important".

4. The plot. More holes than Crash's hatred for Ishtar. They come up with a fine villain... and then fuck him in his scaly ass to bring back Andross... or who I like to call "Jamaicadross". Look up the final fight and you'll see why. Oh, and Andross's whole plan was retarded. Like, short bus retarded.

5. Falco does not appear until the final fight. Yes. You are stuck with MOTHERFUCKIN SLIPPY, Peppy (Which is cool I guess if he had more epic lines), ROB, and General Pepper (Who needs to choke and die). They deny a fan favorite in order to expand upon a despised character, Tricky.

Edited by Sedgar the Hero

I'm the biggest IS fan around, because I hate them more than anything else.

EDIT: And Starfox started sucking after they announced Dinosaur Planet, mainly because:

1. Oh great, Nintendo is trying to improve one of their series by making it a dumbed down carbon copy of a very successful series. And fail.

2. They're trying something new and gimmicky; the staff, Tricky, etc. That's good and all, but the fans wanted 100% pure Arwing action, not some faggot triceratops that can dig and a magical 4 foot dildo that glows.

3. Krystal. Krystal Krystal Krystal. What she has done to gaming... First, the douches decided that Fox needed a love interest. Then they just copypasted every Nintendo Princess ever into one furry icon; d.o.d. syndrome, a past that is NEVER explored or expanded upon (TO THIS DAY even) and just reeks of sex appeal. Now we have people bawwwwwing over Krystal not being in Brawl since she's so "important".

4. The plot. More holes than Crash's hatred for Ishtar. They come up with a fine villain... and then fuck him in his scaly ass to bring back Andross... or who I like to call "Jamaicadross". Look up the final fight and you'll see why. Oh, and Andross's whole plan was retarded. Like, short bus retarded.

5. Falco does not appear until the final fight. Yes. You are stuck with MOTHERFUCKIN SLIPPY, Peppy (Which is cool I guess if he had more epic lines), ROB, and General Pepper (Who needs to choke and die). They deny a fan favorite in order to expand upon a despised character, Tricky.

That is pretty much all Miyo's fault, as he just walked into a game that wasn't going to be anything even close to related to starfox, then he was all "it's a starfox game now!". This has to be the laziest effort for the sole purpose of self-promotion ever.

You then wonder why Rare left...

As for Krystal, would have been fine if the following conditions were how she were introduced into the storyline (or now a lack thereof).

1. A game where she has more reason to be around than just the d.o.d. In fact, why even be a love interest? Isn't there enough of them in just about everything in everywhere? Closest to a lady independent was Katt, who was a bit ...weird...and those two ladies from the game that was never finished. Princess of a planet that's helppless, blah blah blah, sudden pilot skills and telekenisis=dumb wtf. On hte other hand, how about "Slippy was shot downFalco left, they needed a new hire, she filled the spot, end of story.". Too hard? What is it about writers that make them want to make everything with tits be a helpless vagina on a stick?

2.Speaking of sticks, some personality to go with that? From what I gather, she has the appeal of a soap opera starlet. That being very little, personality-wise. Side effect of d.o.d. syndrome I suppose, which is weird to make the love interest in distress situation involve a person of which anyone with sanity would not otherwise give two shits about. I guess Fox is just in it for the ass and titties? He IS a mercenary, I get the feeling that it doesn't take much to motivate the guy. Make her ruthless, or even an ignorant schmuck for all I care, just don't bore us to death.

3. Some backstory, please? Unfortunately with this line, it would involve Starfox Adventures, rather than if they just went "Hi, I'm Slippy's Falco's replacement", of which something interesting could have been made. It's hard to come up with a backstory explaining why someone's got the personality of cardboard, after all.

Reminds me of that article Ike showed in some other topic about the creater of Metroid in Super Metroid trying to use the baby metroid to show the maternal instincts of Samus (didn't she just promptly hand over the damn thing to the federation right after? Isn't she a bounty hunter under their service? Wouldn't she have gotten paid big bucks for that, of which also involved the erradication of the entire species? It's hard to think she went to rescue the damn thing (or you know, just rack up kill counts on space pirates, the more heads, the bigger bucks) for the sole purpose of protecting it like a child of her own). 1. That's not why we're playing, 2. It's pretty much the exact opposite reasons people like Samus, 3. What we saw wasn't the case anyways. That's failing on 3 different levels, but thankfully that third level of failure is what kept Super Metroid a great game (of which the lack thereof made Fusion subpar). I mean, why think so hard about it, when the product of these guys thinking hard is not spectacular by any means? Starfox is no exception, as you look at Assault and find yourself saying "Can't we just be at war with some assholes, rather than this cheesy shit?"

Watch. 10 bucks says the next Starfox game is a free roaming game of which you have to scoure the universe for certain crap (crystals, whatever) for Krystal to use her telekenetic powers to open a worm-hole that sends you back in time to prevent Fox's father from being murdered. I will laugh my ass off if this is not only true, but hyped like Spirit Tracks.

Edited by Galactica Leader Cyrus

and General Pepper (Who needs to choke and die).

You then wonder why Rare left...

Tbh though, Rare was already losing steam. The collect-a-thoning in DK64 was really beyond anything manageable.

Starfox is no exception, as you look at Assault and find yourself saying "Can't we just be at war with some assholes, rather than this cheesy shit?"

Assault didn't really have much more story and used about as many sci-fi clichés as SF64.

The problem with Assault's story is that SF64 (and pretty much every other game of old) had the right balance between silly and serious while Assault was either too silly or too serious.

Now Command's story is fan-fic quality writing.

Yeah, above post pretty much says it except:

1. DK64 is still one of the best DK and Nintendo games ever made; I'd say it's better than most DK Countries.

2. Rare left because they saw which way the wind was blowing. Then proceeded to make bad titles such as Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and Nuts and Bolts. WHY COULDN'T THEY RELEASE BANJO THREEIE LIKE THAT GRUNTY BITCH SAID.

2. Rare left because they saw which way the wind was blowing. Then proceeded to make bad titles such as Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and Nuts and Bolts. WHY COULDN'T THEY RELEASE BANJO THREEIE LIKE THAT GRUNTY BITCH SAID.

Because User Generated Content was the novelty gimmick of 2008.

Too bad Banjo Kazooie was never a UGC series.

That was the PS3's killer app anyway with LBP.

I'm sorry, every time I hear Little Big Planet, or Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, I think "inferior version of G-Mod".

I actually liked Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault. I liked Kameo too.

I agree about Star Fox Command though. Hopefully it'll be completely disregarded once they start on the next Star Fox game.

They came out with Star Fox Adventures 2, you know.

It's called Twilight Princess

And:

I'm sorry, every time I hear Little Big Planet, or Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, I think "inferior unfun version of G-Mod".

Fixed.

I'm sorry, every time I hear Little Big Planet, or Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, I think "inferior version of G-Mod".

And the funny part is Gmod is just a third party mod that happened to go for sale for not more than 10 dollars.

Yeah, above post pretty much says it except:

1. DK64 is still one of the best DK and Nintendo games ever made; I'd say it's better than most DK Countries.

I'm guessing better than the third, and MAYBE the first, but no way in hell is it better than the second.

I'm sure Miyo taking one of their projects and forcing it to be something that it clearly wasn't certainly didn't help either.

But a secondary note, why the fuck does everyone rip on Twilight Princess? Sure it wasn't stunning and breakthrough, but it was still decent. 'Twas no Majora's Mask or Link to the Past, but at least it wasn't Oracles or Minish Cap, or Phantom Hourglass bad. I'd say it's right there with Link's Awakening, a nice fun game that stuck to the foundation of it's time (that being the 2-D side scrolling Zelda, rather than emulating Ocaraina).

Also yes, WHY COULDN'T THEY RELEASE BANJO THREEIE LIKE THE GRUNTY BITCH SAID!?

Ugh, I mean seriously, how do you manage to fuck up Perfect Dark?

But yes, like you all, I'd love to at least see that Starfox wasn't murdered and left to die like roadkill. There isn't even so much as a hint. That and F-Zero, those games give me a boner. Maddening adrenaline rush!

Edited by Galactica Leader Cyrus

Star Fox Wii: The Star Fox 64 sequel.

Except Krystal has left and they got all the old voice actors back. And graphics that model the characters after their Wii counterparts.

And a secondary campaign mode that features Wolf, Leon, Panther, and a new lion character named Edgar.

And a multiplayer mode like StarFox 64's.