The Modest Sprites of Todasmile

Todasmile

YO! This is where I post my sprites! As if you didn't already know the glorious and almighty me!

First of all, look at my avatar! I did that! The only problem is that since it breaks the 16-colour barrier with that blindfold, I can't use it until I remake it without.

Now, two spritesheets I did. Both should be included in a hack of mine, as soon as I figure out how in the world to insert them with Xeld's editor...

89670411.png

Dual-wielding Mercenary. Probably done before, but hey.

spsheet1.png

My wolf rider. Again, probably done before. Again, hey. I also think that I mistook the dodge frame for an attack frame...

Anyways, that's all, folks!

Edited by Todasmile

I love the wolf rider because of how helpless Franz looks. Look at his face, it's almost as if he's saying "Yep, I'm not doing a thing, but it's working."

lol, he doesn't do a thing with the Lance... he's letting Link the wolf do all the work...

Btw, for the Mercenary, even though it is a PNG, I believe the face was still "Jpegified" previously ._.

Here's your very simple 16 colorization:

89670411.png

Emphasis on VERY SIMPLE 16 color reduction... the edges are still very rough and... has that blurry JPEG quality from being blended with the black background...

Edited by shadowofchaos

I love the wolf rider because of how helpless Franz looks. Look at his face, it's almost as if he's saying "Yep, I'm not doing a thing, but it's working."

lol, he doesn't do a thing with the Lance... he's letting Link the wolf do all the work...

Btw, for the Mercenary, even though it is a PNG, I believe the face was still "Jpegified" previously ._.

Here's your very simple 16 colorization:

89670411.png

Emphasis on VERY SIMPLE 16 color reduction... the edges are still very rough and... has that blurry JPEG quality from being blended with the black background...

For future refrence, NEVER use a black background. You want to use a BRIGHT green or Blue. Whichever you prefer! :)

Whoa, that many replies in a few hours? I'm honoured!

And the reson I used black was because when I copied the spritesheet, it turned from clear into a black background. Thank you for the tips though!

...That explains why Xeld's demo thing has a green background...

Also: For the background, do you mean while inserting?

Whoa, that many replies in a few hours? I'm honoured!

And the reson I used black was because when I copied the spritesheet, it turned from clear into a black background. Thank you for the tips though!

...That explains why Xeld's demo thing has a green background...

Also: For the background, do you mean while inserting?

No, it is eaiser to sprite with a color that is NOT in your sprites. Black is just bad. :/

In order to fix that black, use print-screen, and use paint to take out the background color.

Ah. I see. (Said the blind man...)

Also: Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing an image to 16 colours besides Photoshop? I could download it, but it's HUGE. And that's something I'd like to avoid.

Ah. I see. (Said the blind man...)

Also: Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing an image to 16 colours besides Photoshop? I could download it, but it's HUGE. And that's something I'd like to avoid.

You COULD use paint and change it to a 16 color bitmap.

fra1test.png

...This is what I got after I saved frame one as a 16-colour bitmap and touched it up a bit. Someone else could probably touch it up better than me, and actually make it look okay, but...

I dunno. It just looks... wrong.

Edited by Todasmile

Err... I used "GIMP" ._.

It's not necessarily bad to have a "pure black" background when you save it as a PNG... but unfortunately, print screen will probably JPEG it...

GIMP, just use the color select tool... unless it's a JPEG, in which case, you're just screwed...

Yes, in FE Spriting, JPEGs are discriminated against... lol

Err... I used "GIMP" ._.

It's not necessarily bad to have a "pure black" background when you save it as a PNG... but unfortunately, print screen will probably JPEG it...

GIMP, just use the color select tool... unless it's a JPEG, in which case, you're just screwed...

Yes, in FE Spriting, JPEGs are discriminated against... lol

I am not an administrator on this computer. Therefore, I cannot download GIMP...

Come to think of it, this probably limits my options quite a bit...

I use MSPaint for my sprites. Anyway the wolf rider is cool but the second wolf rider you posted has too much yellow on it for my liking. Also seems to be lack of shading on the wolf.

Well, that's what you get when you have to take somewhere near 30 colours down to only 16.

Anyways, second version!

fra1test.png

My crappy recolor.

I made franz's armor the same color as the wolf's hair, recolored the eye, chaged his hair color.

post-1317-126163728126.png

CRAPPY?!

That looks like the original! ... Almost. But really, that's amazing!

lol... one teensy tiny problem... it's 17 colors... XD

Epic job though... XD

Wow thanks...

I knew it was over 16. The color on the fang is irriplaceable. I have to use a different color to get rid of it. :/

I redid it. I'm not sure if it is much better...

WolfRider-1.png

Defualt Colors FTW!?

Edited by Bryan