Why Sos: Dawn Brigade mode wouldn't work

Hello everybody.

About a month back, I was reading Paperblade's Blazing Sword: Dawn Brigade mode, in which he took the class growth rates from RD, and applied them to Blazing Sword. One of the posts suggested doing the Dawn Brigade mode on SoS, because enemy levels in Sos are generally high. While in math class, the whole Paperblade topic came rushing back at me. I started to wonder about the bonuses HM would give to the enemy recruits, especially Gonzales. Unless I counted incorrectly (Of which there is a high chance of occurance), these would be Gonzales' lv. 5 base stats.

HP: 47

ST: 18

SK: 14

SP: 17

LK: 12

DEF: 15

RES: 5

And so, Gonzales would go ahead and destroy any difficulty Dawn Brigade mode might have presented. :Gonzales:

If you're desperate, you could remove the HM auto-level boost in the chapter data. That just means that enemies won't be stronger in HM compared to NM, but I suppose you could make a HM patch where the enemy growth rates are increased to compensate.

I'm not completely sure, but there might also be an option in the character data to prevent characters from receiving the HM boost (maybe something to do with their Level/Alliance).

Hello everybody.

About a month back, I was reading Paperblade's Blazing Sword: Dawn Brigade mode, in which he took the class growth rates from RD, and applied them to Blazing Sword. One of the posts suggested doing the Dawn Brigade mode on SoS, because enemy levels in Sos are generally high. While in math class, the whole Paperblade topic came rushing back at me. I started to wonder about the bonuses HM would give to the enemy recruits, especially Gonzales. Unless I counted incorrectly (Of which there is a high chance of occurance), these would be Gonzales' lv. 5 base stats.

HP: 47

ST: 18

SK: 14

SP: 17

LK: 12

DEF: 15

RES: 5

And so, Gonzales would go ahead and destroy any difficulty Dawn Brigade mode might have presented. :Gonzales:

I didn't think about that when I posted. However, you don't have to use him. Besides, he doesn't have to have the "bandit" class bases either.

You could find what IS made with Ray to not give him HM bonuses, and do the same with your other recruitable characters.

Edited by Krad

FE6 DB mode sounds like a bad idea anyway. It only semi works with FE7 because individual enemies have fail enough bases to make them (borderline) beatable. FE7 DB already caps enemy stats in the lategame chapters (iirc), you'll see all stat caps ramming by like, C18 or some stuff, not even Fonzales could trivialize that.

Edited by BARST SAGAT