Assistance on Hector Mode Ch. 16

Catnip

Hello, I'm relatively new to the forum. I, like some other players I am told, play allowing no characters to die throughout the whole game. Because of this, I have played through and lost a character 5 times on Hector Normal Mode Ch. 16: Noble Lady of Caelin, and I would like some assistance. If anyone could give me just a general strategy, it would be much appreciated.

I have been trying to not use him, but I suppose I'm not good enough.

Thank you. XD

To Roxas:

It's been different. I remember seeing Lowen, Lyn twice (Ballista!), Dorcas, and Matthew. I may be trying to use too many characters, though I've been quite unlucky with ~60 hit so far.

Edited by Catnip

That's the one inside Castle Caelin right?

You should leave one or two guys behind for the reinforcements that will come from the left while everyone else moves forward. Send Matthew and a strong unit (preferably a mounted unit that has a javelin or whatever that 2 ranges because that will allow you to get Matthew back with your main force faster and steal the northern chests) towards the first chest while everyone else proceeds toward the hall that intersects the hall Raven is on. Bait and kill the archer while Priscilla gets just out of Raven's range and recruit him next turn. Raven should kill the dude next to him and recruit Lucius while the rest of your team just makes their way to the boss. Be careful of the respawning archer in the central room.

Edited by Sho Minamimoto

You should leave one or two guys behind for the reinforcements that will come from the left while everyone else moves forward. Send Matthew and a strong unit (preferably a mounted unit that has a javelin or whatever that 2 ranges because that will allow you to get Matthew back with your main force faster and steal the northern chests) towards the first chest while everyone else proceeds toward the hall that intersects the hall Raven is on. Bait and kill the archer while Priscilla gets just out of Raven's range and recruit him next turn. Raven should kill the dude next to him and recruit Lucius while the rest of your team just makes their way to the boss. Be careful of the respawning archer in the central room.

Sorry to tell you, but it's not. It is the one where Lyn and co. join your group in the bottom right corner of the map. Still, I'll use your strategy for the other chapter, assuming I can beat this one.

No, it's the one outside Castle Caelin, where you first meet up with Lyn, Florina, Wil, Sain and Kent.

A general strategy would be to completely stay out of the range of the ballistae. Click on them to check their range (3 - 10 spaces, for reference). Second, have your most defensive units in front, and use the trees as much as possible. Use range as much as you can as well, such as Rebecca and Erk, to damage enemies from afar, then finishing them with a single hit with other units. Once you're amongst the trees, form a general defensive wall with Hector and Oswin, having one of them stand in the trees between the cliffs where the spawning Cavaliers travel, and the other around the other side of that cliff to rape them from the side. Have some units stay back ready to take out the reinforcement cavaliers which will spawn close to Merlinus. As for the ballistae, waste their 5 shots by having Guy or Matthew get in range while placing them in woods for extra avoid. Serra and/or Priscilla will be around to heal anyone hurt, just make sure they're always out of harm's way.

Edited by Raven

Damnit... :facepalm:

This is what happens when I get lazy to look things up.

Yeah, the best strategy is pretty much what Raven said and watch out for reinforcements from the Northwest and a lone Brigand for a couple turns all the way in the Southeast.

I think I'm actually on this chapter myself on Hector Hard Mode. I should probably go to sleep, but I think I'll give it a spin...

You using an emulator on your computer or a GBA/DS with cartridge?

DS with a cartridge. Any particular reason you're asking?

If you were using an emulator and ROM, you could use things called "savestates" and save at literally any point in your game.

About to take a risky chance with an attack? Just savestate and take a shot. If it fails, reload the savestate and go for an alternate method. It's a good way to beat the RNG (random number generator, the thing that decides whether you hit or miss, critical, etc.), when it would normally screw you over.

I used to always use the cartridge, but now the data can't save since its internal battery died, so I just use a ROM these days.

If you were using an emulator and ROM, you could use things called "savestates" and save at literally any point in your game.

About to take a risky chance with an attack? Just savestate and take a shot. If it fails, reload the savestate and go for an alternate method. It's a good way to beat the RNG (random number generator, the thing that decides whether you hit or miss, critical, etc.), when it would normally screw you over.

I used to always use the cartridge, but now the data can't save since its internal battery died, so I just use a ROM these days.

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about ROMs and emulators. Still, that would be nice.

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about ROMs and emulators. Still, that would be nice.

If you ever plan on playing FE6 (FE7 is a prequel to FE6, 20 years before FE6 events), you will more than likely end up having to download a GBA emulator, the game ROM and a translation patch to make everything the English language, since it's only released in Japan.

If you ever plan on playing FE6 (FE7 is a prequel to FE6, 20 years before FE6 events), you will more than likely end up having to download a GBA emulator, the game ROM and a translation patch to make everything the English language, since it's only released in Japan.

I really want to play that, too...maybe. I have some friends who will probably know more about it and may be able to get them for me. Thank you for the "intro to ROMs", if you will.