1. 1. If you had to take one with you to Endgame

• Aran
    • Nephenee
    • Danved

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once they get to Sentinel, Nephenee is the better choice. Really the chore with Nephenee is getting her to Sentinel (though her later Halberdier levels aren't too bad), after that she's a killing machine.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Halberdiers also get +crt, and Luna=Impale because really, it's a OHKO either way.

Not on red dragons. They can actually survive impales.

I think that if they are strong enough, the feral tigers on 4-5 can as well. I'll go check.

EDIT: the strongest tigers in 4-5 have 60 HP and 28 Def. In other words, a sentinel needs 43 might to kill them. Subtracting 13 for a silver lance (arguably the weakest weapon that any character would be equipped with at this point), and the sentinel needs 30 strength to impale it in one hit.

Bottom line: they can survive too.

For the record, even with an iron lance, a marshall needs on 18 strength to kill it. That's not going to be happening unless you abuse down to keep str artificially low.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Once they get to Sentinel, Nephenee is the better choice. Really the chore with Nephenee is getting her to Sentinel (though her later Halberdier levels aren't too bad), after that she's a killing machine.

Wut. If you mostly use Neph in 2-1 & 2-2, she can be third tier by 2-E. (W/ BEXP) Its not a chore at all. :)

Wut. If you mostly use Neph in 2-1 & 2-2, she can be third tier by 2-E. (W/ BEXP) Its not a chore at all. :)

The problem with that is that involves going out of my way to get as much BEXP as possible in 2-3, which is something I don't care for in the least. Also, that won't work in hard mode.

Edited by Richter Renard

The problem with that is that involves going out of my way to get as much BEXP as possible in 2-3, which is something I don't care for in the least. Also, that won't work in hard mode.

I can somewhat understand the complaint if you just hate pacifist strategies (and love scorching some earth), but honestly, I did 2-3 on three separate occasions, EM, NM, HM. On HM was the only one where I attempted to get as much bexp as possible (left ~40 alive) and I found that was the easiest of them all. It's incredibly simple to leave a large number of them alive.

Something tells me I've read this exact post somewhere before.

But yeah. Nephinel is EM/NM only.

I can somewhat understand the complaint if you just hate pacifist strategies (and love scorching some earth), but honestly, I did 2-3 on three separate occasions, EM, NM, HM. On HM was the only one where I attempted to get as much bexp as possible (left ~40 alive) and I found that was the easiest of them all. It's incredibly simple to leave a large number of them alive.

That's it precisely; I hate having to employ pacifist strategies in FE games for the most part, which, incidentally is part of the reason why I don't give a damn about the BEXP in FE9 Chapter 10 (the other part being that stealth and Fire Emblem just don't mesh together in any way, shape, or form).

That's it precisely; I hate having to employ pacifist strategies in FE games for the most part, which, incidentally is part of the reason why I don't give a damn about the BEXP in FE9 Chapter 10 (the other part being that stealth and Fire Emblem just don't mesh together in any way, shape, or form).

Well, it should be noted that in EM and NM, you're getting more EXP from killing them anyway, and on HM, it's close enough to be a wash (at least from what I have heard on this forum). It's really only when you are playing on Japanese MM that it's really worth it to go for the BEXP.

Well, it should be noted that in EM and NM, you're getting more EXP from killing them anyway, and on HM, it's close enough to be a wash (at least from what I have heard on this forum). It's really only when you are playing on Japanese MM that it's really worth it to go for the BEXP.

There is one major problem with the cexp in 2-3. It goes to the CRK. At least the bexp can be sent Nephenee's way, or to Haar or Brom if you really want. Also, unless you spend forever on that map I doubt you could funnel all the kills into Marcia, and she's the only one that's really worth the exp of the units there. Maybe transfer Mak. It's rather easy to dump all the bexp on one unit in 2-E that will go to 3-2 and should be tier 3 by 3-4 or 3-5 and have a large amount of time stomping the game. EM and NM are actually where you really want that bexp to go to 2-E. On HM it gets Nephenee enough levels to reliably double in 2-E, but that's about it since 3-2 enemies are slow and she'll probably have 24 AS by 3-3 anyway. Well, maybe it helps in 3-3, since on HM she may not have level 7 or 8 by 3-3 if you play 3-2 too quickly.

But what does Japanese MM have to do with anything? It's the same as our HM except you must have crowns to promote to tier 3 (or be specific units) and Wrath is even worse and so is Resolve. Aside from that, there isn't really any difference. Maybe a couple of other minor differences. I think it has the same cexp formula and the same bexp formula as our HM.

But what does Japanese MM have to do with anything? It's the same as our HM except you must have crowns to promote to tier 3 (or be specific units) and Wrath is even worse and so is Resolve. Aside from that, there isn't really any difference. Maybe a couple of other minor differences. I think it has the same cexp formula and the same bexp formula as our HM.

I was specifically referring to the previous post which dealt with PoR chapter 10 and stealth, where there is only one team and MM is different from HM.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

I was specifically referring to the previous post which dealt with PoR chapter 10 and stealth, where there is only one team and MM is different from HM.

But in MM you get less bexp anyway, so without the exp formula for MM I couldn't tell you whether you get more cexp or bexp in MM. Also, if you aren't using too many units that join after chapter 10 then it's not so bad to not get the bexp.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

But in MM you get less bexp anyway, so without the exp formula for MM I couldn't tell you whether you get more cexp or bexp in MM. Also, if you aren't using too many units that join after chapter 10 then it's not so bad to not get the bexp.

Actually, according to the SF page on BEXP in PoR, you get the same amount (700) on both HM and MM, so I'd say that it's not such a bad idea, plus two of the best units (Jill and Zihark) don't come for a couple more chapters, so it can be useful to go stealth in MM.

Actually, according to the SF page on BEXP in PoR, you get the same amount (700) on both HM and MM, so I'd say that it's not such a bad idea, plus two of the best units (Jill and Zihark) don't come for a couple more chapters, so it can be useful to go stealth in MM.

Zihark is upper mid at best, and some tier lists would stick him in mid. I'll miss Jill's presence, but probably not Zihark's.

Also, it seems strange that every single means of earning bexp gets you half the bexp in MM compared to HM except stealth in chapter 10 (and bexp usage costs are constant from mode to mode, making 700 a good chunk of bexp). I wonder if that's a mistake on the site that it's worth 700 rather than 350.

Nephenee. Zettai Ryouiki is lol.

Wait... you... made a Nephenee vs Aran thread! This is dangerous! Ban! Die!

But Danved is also an option!

So it's OKAY!

No, Danved doesn't help! All his inclusion will do is punctuate flame wars with black jokes!

• 3 weeks later...

Nephenee and Aran > Danved based on the fact that Danved gets screwed up due to playtime

I would use Aran but he requires too much effort. Therefore my favorite one is Nephenee

I lol at Aran being so genric that people killing him. Neph pwns.! :D

Nephenee and Aran > Danved based on the fact that Danved gets screwed up due to playtime

I would use Aran but he requires too much effort. Therefore my favorite one is Nephenee

I lol at Aran being so genric that people killing him. Neph pwns.! :D

in a way:

Aran:Nephenee is like Edward:Mia

where they r both good canidates for best of their class but the first one in the pair requires more effort