interesting unit concept

Luminothe

here is a unit concept that would be really interesting. Sort of like a beefed up FE6 karel. A lvl 19 pre-promote character that has a skill that halves exp gained and 1 in every stat except hp which is capped. However, this unit would have growths in the thousands meaning, as soon as you leveled them up, they would immediantly cap all of their stats. What do you think.

here is a unit concept that would be really interesting. Sort of like a beefed up FE6 karel. A lvl 19 pre-promote character that has a skill that halves exp gained and 1 in every stat except hp which is capped. However, this unit would have growths in the thousands meaning, as soon as you leveled them up, they would immediantly cap all of their stats. What do you think.

What. All you have to do is take a few potshots and BAM. Instant brokenness.

I say you make that character level 18, and make its exp gain like Fe6 Merlinus. He/She only then gains 1 exp per battle. THEN something looks right. :/

This person is lvl 19(will gain 10 exp at most) has halved exp gain(will gain 5 exp at most) and has 1 in every stat except hp. Not that easy to level up.

This person is lvl 19(will gain 10 exp at most) has halved exp gain(will gain 5 exp at most) and has 1 in every stat except hp. Not that easy to level up.

Potshots. Find an enemy with one range. Send in some unequiped units that can take some damage. Equip 2 range weapon on "Karel" unit. Attack. Repeat. Etc.

Potshots. Find an enemy with one range. Send in some unequiped units that can take some damage. Equip 2 range weapon on "Karel" unit. Attack. Repeat. Etc.

If this "Karel" unit was locked on say, swords, he/she might not be able to do that. You only get one or two of those special magical swords in the FE games and those swords would eventually break.

It would be extremely tedious and damn hard to level a unit who has 1! Skill.

This character would be completely worthless.

Anything they could actually hit and do damage to would give them no EXP because of their high level, whereas everything else they're getting 1EXP for missing.

Even if they got 1EXP for smacking some level 1 scrub in Ch. 1, it would take them about a third of the way through the game to level up.

Which means I spent a third of the game babying this dumbshit who's getting 2-3HKO'd and doubled by everything (at ~100 hit, mind you), is facing crit rates from everything, and has no offensive power to speak of.

Congratulations, you created a unit that makes Fiona look like Sigurd, a feat previously thought impossible.

Edit: You should apply for a job at IS. Considering their track record and trends, you'd fit right in (Meg is the "favorite"... Yeah, fuck you guys).

Edited by Paperblade

This character would be completely worthless.

Anything they could actually hit and do damage to would give them no EXP because of their high level, whereas everything else they're getting 1EXP for missing.

Even if they got 1EXP for smacking some level 1 scrub in Ch. 1, it would take them about a third of the way through the game to level up.

Which means I spent a third of the game babying this dumbshit who's getting 2-3HKO'd and doubled by everything (at ~100 hit, mind you), is facing crit rates from everything, and has no offensive power to speak of.

Congratulations, you created a unit that makes Fiona look like Sigurd, a feat previously thought impossible.

Edit: You should apply for a job at IS. Considering their track record and trends, you'd fit right in (Meg is the "favorite"... Yeah, fuck you guys).

Other option is wasting precious sleep uses from whatever sleep staves you can get and then high leveled enemies will have minimal avo. As long as the theoretical game doesn't reduce exp for KOing sleeping enemies it's fine. And if you can sleep bosses? Boss bonus for the exp gain. Also, it would help if you can get a hold of three 10-use sleep swords for your other characters to use to help out.

It would still probably be a bad unit, though.

All or nothing ain't fun, it's a bad idea and wouldn't work. IS would probably hire you though.

Besides...how the HELL does the story for this guy work?! "I am Elroc, a famed Warrior. However, I ... I'm out of practice. Maybe if I could get back into my style, I would be the greatest warrior in history!"