Team building help

So my first try in this game resulted in fail because I raised some crap characters, raised crap supports, and just failed in Chapter 7. Now I'm starting over and I need tips on who I should use and yes, I'll take personal experiences as long as it does not involve RNG abusing and the like (I want to play this game without RNG abusing :awesome: ).

So far I'm looking at:

Roy, duh

Allen or Lance or both?

Dieck or Oujay?

Rutger

Fir

Shin

Gonzales lvl 5

I still need mage(s).

Lugh seems to have the lowest MAG than the others. Ray looks like he'll run into some SPD problems because of his low SPD and low CON for dark tomes on top of that plus, his LUCK is comparable to Knoll's LUCK. Hugh's got more HP and DEF, but his SKL is the lowest out of the three.

Recommendations?

And who would you recommend for HARD MODE because I probably will do hard mode after this run.

Edited by Sho Minamimoto

Lance and Alan.

Oujay sucks and Dieck is awesome.

Rutger and Fir are fine.

Shin is awesome except you have to go to Sacae if you use over Thany and Tate. Oh, and bows suck in this game.

Gonzales will rape.

Miledy is awesome even without HM bonuses.

You can do without a mage, but if you really want one Lugh is the best.

Clarine for healing and restore staff.

I'll recommend some of the units I like because I'm sure you can go through with anyone. And I'm not inept at making teams.

For the Mage part, I'd go with Hugh, Ray, and Sophia. For the Archer part I'd rather keep Shin(even though I benched him after I recruited him) for that or you can use Sue.

For those two beginning Cavs, Alan. Get off my back.

Blah blah blah Why not use both. I mean, I'm using Dieck and Echidna.

None of the Mryms!! D:

Eh, Gonzales seems cool.

I recommend Thany, Wendy, Lot, Ellen because everyone will tell you Clarine. Merlinus, because you need someone to hold your stuff. Echidna, Percival, Miledy.

Wendy

Ellen

Thany

Lot

Merlinus

Echidna

Percival

Miledy

And everyone else I gave praise.

MORE EDITS

For the thief part... Well, any of them works but I say Cath. Because again, everyone else will say the other two. Oh, and she's cooler than the other too also. She has that Robin Hood thing going on.

Edited by Byakuren Hijiri

I'll recommend some of the units I like because I'm sure you can go through with anyone. And I'm not inept at making teams.

For the Mage part, I'd go with Hugh, Ray, and Sophia. For the Archer part I'd rather keep Shin(even though I benched him after I recruited him) for that or you can use Sue.

For those two beginning Cavs, Alan. Get off my back.

Blah blah blah Why not use both. I mean, I'm using Dieck and Echidna.

None of the Mryms!! D:

Eh, Gonzales seems cool.

I recommend Thany, Wendy, Lot, Ellen because everyone will tell you Clarine. Merlinus, because you need someone to hold your stuff. Echidna, Percival, Miledy.

Wendy

Ellen

Thany

Lot

Merlinus

Echidna

Percival

Miledy

And everyone else I gave praise.

MORE EDITS

For the thief part... Well, any of them works but I say Cath. Because again, everyone else will say the other two. Oh, and she's cooler than the other too also. She has that Robin Hood thing going on.

I hear Sophia needs even more babying than Nino in FE7 did and she still turns out only average-above average. I tried to use Merlinus in my first failthrough but he seemed useless because he took up one slot and leveling him is just impossible.

I'll try the mages you recommended.

Hugh's got more HP and DEF, but his SKL is the lowest out of the three.

Why the hell would you need Skill when you weild tomes that have 95 Hit? Hugh is great, unless...unless you were cheap enough as to not pay 10.000 G

Hugh's got more HP and DEF, but his SKL is the lowest out of the three.

Why the hell would you need Skill when you weild tomes that have 95 Hit? Hugh is great, unless...unless you were cheap enough as to not pay 10.000 G

I think you mean 20,000 gil.

And who would you recommend for HARD MODE because I probably will do hard mode after this run.

For hard mode that was unneededly capitalized, I recommend the same characters.

I think you mean 20,000 gil.

No, I think he means 10,000.

On hard mode, you actually want to avoid units like Wendy and Oujay, because of the amount of babying you'll have to put in them, and the outcome is hardly worth the effort no matter which mode you play in. Not to mention, armor units suck in this game, so I wouldn't even recommend any armor unit, let alone Wendy. Oh, and you'll want the Myrmidons in your group, especially Rutger. Shin's good, despite having tough-to-work-with supports. (I.E. his worst supports are faster than his best ones.) So, I say keep him. Out of the R&G cavs, use both! As for Mages, use the twins and Lilina, the twins do have a fast support going, and can form a support triangle with Chad. Lilina can have supports going on between her, Roy, and Gonzales, which always helps. You want to choose Deke, Clarine too, and Klein, the support triangles they can form can be very helpful. And you'll also want Thany and Tate to help cement that trip to Ilia, because going to Sacae is hardly recommended on hard mode.

Edited by LittleAl

Both Lance and Alan, they could probably solo most maps with supports and Roy supporting them.

I would use rutger over fir for better exp distribution. Dieck>Oujay x1000 IMO. Oujay comes so late and is very fragile. You probably might want to use Lugh or Lilina. I think Lilina is underrated, as she does just fine once she catches up and she had great support options. Also, Astohl is a dodgetank against axe units for many chapters after you get him. Barth is quite useful. Shin rapes. Clarine is awesome. If you want more early units, I would recomend raising Lot, and Thany. You should choose your team ASAP and take out the people you won't be using so you're not wasting exp. So basically:

Roy

Alan

Lance

Dieck

Ellen

Clarine

Rutger

Dieck

Shin

Gonzo

Lot??

Thany??

Astohl??

and anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep characters like Marcus out of my team :( they receive so little exp for kills, I'd rather use them as meatshields.

I'd use Allen instead of Lance but using both is not a bad idea.

Dieck is a better unit but I like Oujay a lot more

Rutger and Fir are beasts ;) give them killing edges :)

I recommend a flier for your main team especially in chapter 14 as long as you train one or two fliers getting treasure would be easier and shielding Sophia is alot easier with them.

Don't give Roy too many kills early game :( just keep him out of harms way.

For a mage I'd 3 for each S tome. ^_^

I would Arena abuse Sophia or Ray (for dark magic) to get money to hire Hugh (for anima) and promote Ellen or Saul for (light).

Instead of hiring Hugh you can either use Cecilia or promote Clarine for fire magic, Lilina isn't a bad choice either since she recruits Gonzales :wub: but she can get pretty screwed.

A thief doesn't matter who you pick they all dodge a lot, my Chad wouldn't dodge much but thats personal experience. I would use Chad for early chapters and then use Ashtol and Cath.

I would use Sue instead of Shin.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I recommend Thany, Wendy, Lot, Ellen because everyone will tell you Clarine. Merlinus, because you need someone to hold your stuff.

Thany isn't that good. Needs babying and still has craptacular durability.

Lot's not bad. Dick and Gonzales are better, though.

Ellen ain't bad either but Clarine is just so much better.

Bench Merlinus because he doesn't need to be deployed.

I keep characters like Marcus out of my team :( they receive so little exp for kills, I'd rather use them as meatshields.

I recommend a flier for your main team especially in chapter 14 as long as you train one or two fliers getting treasure would be easier and shielding Sophia is alot easier with them.

I would Arena abuse Sophia or Ray (for dark magic) to get money to hire Hugh (for anima) and promote Ellen or Saul for (light).

Instead of hiring Hugh you can either use Cecilia or promote Clarine for fire magic, Lilina isn't a bad choice either since she recruits Gonzales :wub: but she can get pretty screwed.

A thief doesn't matter who you pick they all dodge a lot, my Chad wouldn't dodge much but thats personal experience. I would use Chad for early chapters and then use Ashtol and Cath.

As far as I'm concerned, dark magic users are the absolute last thing I'd need in this game. Not a single one of them is good. And why would I want to use Hugh when Lugh and Lilina come earlier and are likely going to be promoted by the time he comes along? Also, using Cecilia? What? Have you even looked at her bases and growths?

As far as I'm concerned, dark magic users are the absolute last thing I'd need in this game. Not a single one of them is good. And why would I want to use Hugh when Lugh and Lilina come earlier and are likely going to be promoted by the time he comes along? Also, using Cecilia? What? Have you even looked at her bases and growths?

Thats why I put the words I would, I never considered your needs as part of my suggestions ;). You're right about Cecilia, but she could be an easy way out like Niime. Edited by Queen_Elincia

Thats why I put the words I would, I never considered your needs as part of my suggestions ;). You're right about Cecilia, but she could be an easy way out like Niime.

Bolded: What? What in the world are you talking about?

Also, taking a second look at your post... Why would you arena abuse Sophia, knowing full well that she already has a hard enough time killing OUTSIDE of the arena? Because that won't solve the problem. She has an even harder time killing in the arena. I don't think that Apocalypse is even worth the trouble.

Bolded: What? What in the world are you talking about?

Also, taking a second look at your post... Why would you arena abuse Sophia, knowing full well that she already has a hard enough time killing OUTSIDE of the arena? Because that won't solve the problem. She has an even harder time killing in the arena. I don't think that Apocalypse is even worth the trouble.

Niime is supposed to be good. I don't know, because I never use her. I like Sophia for a few reasons.

A. Shes cute

B. Female Druid FTW~

C. I hack, so her stats don't matter to me.