The Last Promise

Crimson Red

But now we're talking beyond asm hacks into like brand new programming :P

if only it were as easy as just giving the game a separate pointer to use eh

Aha, cool, will look it up. And yeah, a gazillion games use "ether" or "aether" so don't sweat it. (Although I will say I cringed at "dark artes"...)

I don't even remember where I said that but I probably did and I probably didn't mean anything by it >__<

In the worst case you could like temporarily block the throne with an invisible enemy, or do some kind of tile change to make the throne into a wall that looks like a throne, or something... idk, Warp breaks stuff, but people *want* to break stuff with Warp, that's what makes it so cool. Yeah I can see how that pulls attention away from all the other cool things you want to show off though. At least there's still Hammerne...

Yeah I know and I've got to find some sort of balance >_< but there's only so much I can do with manipulating events and whatnot XP I think I'm close to hitting the peak of what's possible with event manipulation just with how crazy some of my shit gets >_< I just spent 5 hours doing something that Arch knew a code for... dammit Arch, share your wisdom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally finished TLP.

I'll post units and a full review later, but I'll definitely say that this is exceedingly well done, especially by the standards of FE hacks, and whatever was lacking in story was more than made up in gameplay and creativity.

There are some issues, obviously, like the seemingly random appearances of Anakin's personal tome and other legendary weapons (the second S Rank Spear comes to mind), the dialogue is, uh, not great in a lot of places, but overall I'd definitely give this a solid 8.5/10, and within fire emblem hacks is possibly the best completed hack I've ever seen. Which admittedly doesn't say much, but still. It's very impressive, and I'm suitably impressed.

Also the bonus dungeon looks very interesting.

Edited by The Iron Rose

Not interested in your units or reviews, tbh, and weapons are weapons, no one said they're legendary, you just assumed that because they're S rank or something. :/

You're still free to share your input though. Sadly I doubt I'll do much more than agree with you, story-wise, lol.

I'm glad you seemed to have a little fun, at least.

yes

last time we talked was about editing FE12 character data too IIRC lol

EDIT: uh, must make relevant to topic *cringes*

um

I changed the name several months back. Now the main game of the hack--with its new name, TLP--is pretty much finished (minus the usual bugfixing/balancing to be done). The post-game content is a WIP (I'm too busy failing at making ASM hacks and abusing event macros to code this pain in the ass >_<)

Edited by soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished this, and wanted to quickly post to say I think this is an amazingly well made hack which no doubt took a lot of work on the part of everyone who was involved. I'm really looking forward to all the postgame content in the future, but for now, well done with the epic hack smile.gif

I'm stuck on chapter 26...i have no problem clearing out the map until i seize the third castle, thats when my trouble starts...any tips?

Use Gary. And Kelik if you've been training him. Bait units normally, check ranges, make sure Holton can only get to people that can stand up to him.

Also, my Nomads and Wyvern knights never appeared...what gives?

You need to have Alice fielded IIRC.

(BTW it's spelled Tactician.)

I 've got a member card but don't know where secret shops are . Can anyone show me the location of all of them ?

also , I have a problem : the game freezes after I finish chapter 18 (exactly after anakin got promoted and then black screen appears) , can anyone tell me what to do in order to go on chapter 19 ?

PLEASE , ANYONE ! I NEED HELP !

I don't want to double post but it seems no one cares about my problem and I didn't get any help so far . Blazer , if u are still around here , please look at it . Your hack is awesome but that bug annoys me . Is it true that I am new here so nobody wants to help me ?

Edited by eCut

I 've got a member card but don't know where secret shops are . Can anyone show me the location of all of them ?

also , I have a problem : the game freezes after I finish chapter 18 (exactly after anakin got promoted and then black screen appears) , can anyone tell me what to do in order to go on chapter 19 ?

PLEASE , ANYONE ! I NEED HELP !

I don't want to double post but it seems no one cares about my problem and I didn't get any help so far . Blazer , if u are still around here , please look at it . Your hack is awesome but that bug annoys me . Is it true that I am new here so nobody wants to help me ?

Merged. Please don't double post, it's against the rules.

Like the Iron Rose said, try searching through the topic.

Edited by eCut

I don't have a list of secret shops. I guess they're secret for a reason. Try looking for suspicious corner tiles etc. :|

as for the chapter 18 freeze, I got nothing. I've never even heard anything like that. Try updating your emulator (VBA v1.8.0 beta 3), without a savestate, that's all I got. :|

@Skywalker ^^;

@Jack oh I thought it'd be fun to make a somewhat subtle (or not so subtle, I thought the banner made it pretty obvious but I guess not?) reference to Soul Calibur since the voices there (at least in SC2) tended to be overly dramatic and cheesy and this game is often times just that (well, at least cheesy... and Sieg's voice is dramatic too XD)

nope, I have no artistic ability for that and even if I did, I wouldn't want one because then people would try to get me to implement it into the game, and coding world map events/inserting the new graphics would be the biggest most unenjoyable hacking-related pain in the ass I could think of >_<

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet but I found a glitch (well not really)

Chapter 10:

If Shon has no weapons in his inventory before you seize the throne, the game freezes during the event that occurs after seizing when Shon challenges Howard.

World map events aren't hard, just glitchy as hell.

Jubby also didn't seem to have much trouble with the world map iirc

yeah they were easy as hell, just took up a shit ton of space

which in turn kind of made it annoying because i had to scroll down to find my next offset after every one

but as far as the actual insertion goes it's like any other graphic