What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Any other good anime this season?

Kokoro Connect and (surprised no one else mentioned this) The Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Also watching Tari Tari and thinking about catching up with the entire To Aru Majutsu no Index series.

Tari Tari is pretty cool too but kind of meh

Humanity Has Declined

Okay Red, you're probably gunna get mad at me for saying this but IMO, the show is truly awful and I couldn't even get through the first episode and I tried on two occasions. I wouldn't recommend this to any male out there but maybe the girls would be more interested.

Haven't gotten around to watching everything yet, but I'd say this is "the best anime this season" to that sort of effect.

NOPE

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Red, you're probably gunna get mad at me for saying this but IMO, the show is truly awful and I couldn't even get through the first episode and I tried on two occasions. I wouldn't recommend this to any male out there but maybe the girls would be more interested.

The first episode isn't a good indicator and you shouldn't judge the entire thing by however much of one episode you saw. Fact is, the social commentary in the show is very good and episode 4 in particular is absolutely brilliant.

It's also marketed as a Seinen, which means it's for males age 18-24.

Edited by Madam Red

Did you read Alternative?

I wish Age was intelligent enough to think of something like that. It probably all just stems from the author being mad at America, since from what I hear about his response to companies wanting to translate Muv Luv officially, that seems to be the case. And Alternative is loaded with anti-America sentiment.

Nah I didn't. When I was looking at the little catalog or whatever you call it with all the summer anime I saw MVA and thought it looked kinda interesting so I decided to watch it.

Hahahahaha I guess that's one way to look at it.

Kokoro Connect and (surprised no one else mentioned this) The Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Kokoro Connect is really good. I'll check the other show you mentioned. I think my favorite so far has been SOA.

I don't think the show is awful, but I agree that it hasn't really piqued my interest. I've watched 2.5 episodes and am contemplating dropping it because it feels more like I'm forcing myself to watch it right now. I liked the second episode though but the other two have been really boring.

The first episode isn't a good indicator and you shouldn't judge the entire thing by however much of one episode you saw. Fact is, the social commentary in the show is very good and episode 4 in particular is absolutely brilliant.

It's also marketed as a Seinen, which means it's for males age 18-24.

Well if episode 4 is as good as you say then I guess I gotta power through the second half of the third episode to see if it's true.

How does that even matter?

I wouldn't recommend this to any male out there but maybe the girls would be more interested.

That. Obviously not saying girls won't enjoy it, just that the target demographic is actually male.

@Helios, if you end up not liking episode 4, either, I'd suggest you just drop it.

Edited by Madam Red

@Helios, if you end up not liking episode 4, either, I'd suggest you just drop it.

Nope. Like you said, Episode 4 was amazing. I have hope in the show again like I did after episode 2. I swear it's like a pattern; one bad episode to set up the good episode, rinse and repeat.

Steins;Gate is pretty amazing. I'm buying the sets when they come out later this year for sure.

Now we just need licenses for Mawaru Penguindrum and Yuru Yuri and my 2011 favorites collection will be complete!

• 2 weeks later...

I like how both Kokoro Connect AND SAO both had those build up episodes this week which means next week's episodes are gonna be awesome. Only problem is I lack the patience to wait until then :(.

On a side note I'm almost done with the Fate/Zero LNs so I'll start the anime soon and see if all the hype it got was well deserved or not.

Have you read the SAO LNs by any chance Red Fox? I myself haven't though I'm planning on doing so after I finish Fate/Zero. I really do hope Klein gets more screentime though because he's a funny character.

No, I haven't, but Kirito is too much of a Gary Stu self-insert for me.

I'm wondering if that's just how he's portrayed in the anime though. They kinda skipped a ton of stuff that happened in between so it just feels like he's always been too good, but maybe it's possible that they just skipped a lot of his development. I don't know for sure though.

Um, from what I heard from novel readers, episodes 3-7 were all side stories that come later in the novels. Episode 8 picks up the novels again where episode 2 left off. So, if anything, they added a lot more stuff.

Unless you mean that the novel skipped stuff too, in which case yeah, but skipping development is like not having it at all.