What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else reading the latest Fairy Tail manga?

I haven't checked Fairy Tail out yet. Is it any good, or is it just a classic Big 3 manga/anime? I like One Piece, but I'm really not a fan of Bleach or Naruto.

I haven't checked Fairy Tail out yet. Is it any good, or is it just a classic Big 3 manga/anime? I like One Piece, but I'm really not a fan of Bleach or Naruto.

Its really a underrated show. It has the same art stlye as one piece. the shows pretty adventures too.Just like one piece. It about wizards and guilds and dragons and stuff, just like an Fairy Tail.

Its really a underrated show. It has the same art stlye as one piece. the shows pretty adventures too.Just like one piece. It about wizards and guilds and dragons and stuff, just like an Fairy Tail.

I'll have to check it out and see if it's worth all the hype then. Right now I finally started watching Fate/Zero after reading the LNs. Though they skip out on a lot of the details regarding the characters, it looks really nice.

Ok so after a hiatus I resumed watching Persona 4, after stuff with Naoto. Man I must say, this stuff is really good, feel bad I haven't played the game. Not like I can in any case :(

Also totally love Kokoro Connect(Inaba <3) and tried watching Sword Art Online. First episode looked decent, not sure if I'm real interested though. Also considering 'Another'. Good idea?

These are all opinions of mine, and you may not agree with them. I do not mind if you do not like the same things as me. I like what I like, and you like what you like, and as long as we all have something we like, we can all be happy.

Anime I have finished, and would recommend watching

Higurashi (I really enjoyed the series)

Evangelion (It made my head hurt for a week, but in a good way)

Mirai Nikki (Amazing, and very surprising at times)

Death Note (I have seen some people say it is overrated, but I disagree, I think it is good enough for so many people to like it)

Umineko (Some say it is not as good as Higurashi, and I agree, but it is still very interesting, and worth watching as well)

Darker Than Black (Very good, every couple episodes feels like a full story arc, and the sixth episode's ending was amazing, in my opinion)

Shiki (It may take a while to get into it, but I believe it is worth it)

Angel Beats (It was both very funny and very sad, I can admit it made me tear up at the end)

Anime that I plan to watch soon

Another (I started it, but I lost interest because of another show, listed above)

Clannad (I wanted to wait until I finished the visual novel, but I never actually managed to play it)

Code Geass (I have heard good things about it)

Edited by Strunk

I could swear Fairy Tail was overrated, oh well.

I'm thinking about watching One Piece after I finish watching Evangelion (which I'm still going to start, lol). I wish it isn't focused only on giant robots and technological stuff like the Gundams, because I'm much more interested on the 'psychological' stuff people mention.

EDIT:

Umineko (Some say it is not as good as Higurashi, and I agree, but it is still very interesting, and worth watching as well)

I recommend reading Umineko, be it from the Visual Novel or from the manga. If you can manage to look beyond the terribly drawn characters (on the VN), it is an enjoyable experience. The whole witch and magic stuff justifying things that aren't explained really got into me.

Edited by Rapier

I started watching Hyouka today for a much needed change of pace. The main character is a bored Hazama and his friend seems like a bro even though I can't remember his name. Then there's that Chintanda who's curious of stuff and her hair attack people with energy. I'm kinda liking it after watching the first episode. Seriously, can't Hazama use a different voice? Not that I'm complaining but yeah. Range, it exists.

Holy shit Ein actually enjoyed something?! lvslvnslkvnslvn

Decided last night that I would rewatch Evangelion. Great decision.

I should've watched this much earlier. It is really a great show... Although it's very confusing. For example,

WHAT EXACTLY DID HAPPEN IN THE LAST TWO EPISODES ARGASDFHTR

I know everyone died and their conscience were united on something, but seriously, what.

I should've watched this much earlier. It is really a great show... Although it's very confusing. For example,

WHAT EXACTLY DID HAPPEN IN THE LAST TWO EPISODES ARGASDFHTR

I know everyone died and their conscience were united on something, but seriously, what.

Make sure you watch the End of Evangelion movie. After that, if you're still confused, I shall happily explain things to you.

Any good looking anime coming up this fall season? After a quick look at the preview list, I'm interested in Robotics;Notes (same makers as Steins;Gate sounds good to me) and Code:Breaker. How about you guys?

EDIT: Oh and just looked at Little Busters! It's by Key, and I'm hoping it's good even if KyoAni isn't animating it.

Edited by Helios

Really? I felt like it cleared up a lot of things, though I did still have some questions about what the hell happened, and figured things out after thinking about it for an entire day lol. Also I don't read the Naruto manga, but my little bros and some friends of mine IRL like to keep up with it. I guess they figured out Tobi's true identity now?

Yeah this is true. I haven't watched the show in years, and I KNEW WHO IT WAS. Honestly that right there made me glad I dropped the show.

Making matters worse they added time travel to explain

Obito is Tobi

backstory. TIME TRAVELING IN A NINJA WORLD?

Remember kids, Time Travel automatically makes everything better! It doesn't bring up plot holes, confusing setups, or people calling BS on your deus ex machina or ass-pull. It also doesn't make the story even more convoluted and messed up so that your head hurts (KINGDOM HEARTS WHY).

1348897125[/url]' post='2141251']

I swear they just went "fuck we just built up something actually interesting...but what do we do now? We didn't really think this through..."

Also The Uchiha Clan>>>>> All the others. Seriously the sharingan keeps getting more power ups as the story progresses. The Uchiha Clan is haxed.

Also The Uchiha Clan>>>>> All the others. Seriously the sharingan keeps getting more power ups as the story progresses. The Uchiha Clan is haxed.

They're like the Saiyans from DBZ, but not cool at all.

From the Fall season so far, I've watched the first episodes of Shinsekai Yori, K, and Btooom!. They all look pretty good, with K currently looking the best to me since it looks the most interesting so far. I have high hopes for Shinsekai Yori as well since it was based off an award winning Science Fiction novel. Btooom! kinda looks like a mix of Sword Art Online and Mirai Nikki, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, though the first episode felt underwhelming IMO. What about you guys?

Oh and they better make another season of Kokuro's Basketball, because that show was awesome.

Edited by Helios