What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Actually just got done with Gurren Lagann (yeah I'm years late I know). Probably the manliest anime I've ever seen. Really enjoyed watching it with my bros. It's like the DBZ of mecha anime. So good.

You have not seen JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The first ep is manlier than all of Gurren Lagann and I have seen both!

Also this week's SAO was retarded and I hate using that word. Really, giant slug tentacle rape now??? What???

Edited by Tangerine

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rewatching Kaichou wa-Maid Sama. (Who gives a flip if I'm a boy?)

Basically, there's an all-male school. When girls start coming, they come packing. There's one girl who decides that the boys must PAY for terrorizing the girls. She becomes student president, and OH BOY. However, her job is to cosplay as a maid in a cafe. She must keep this a secret, or her life will be ruined. Unfortunately, a certain boy from school comes.....

I just finished Highschool DxD. ohgod. And I thought HOtD went overboard with fanservice.

Currently plowing through the final season of Shakugan no Shana.

You have not seen JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The first ep is manlier than all of Gurren Lagann and I have seen both!

Also this week's SAO was retarded and I hate using that word. Really, giant slug tentacle rape now??? What???

True I haven't seen JoJo yet. There's like 5 different JoJos though...which one am I supposed to watch?

Dammit SAO how am I supposed to tell Fox how you aren't the WORST show ever if you do shit like this...but like I told others SAO is only gonna get worse from here.

EDIT: @Roxas: If you put aside Highschool DxD's over the top fanservice though, it's actually a good show. I really enjoyed it at least. I thought the concept was interesting and it actually had a plot and likable characters.

Edited by Helios

EDIT: @Roxas: If you put aside Highschool DxD's over the top fanservice though, it's actually a good show. I really enjoyed it at least. I thought the concept was interesting and it actually had a plot and likable characters.

Highschool DxD was a surprise that I liked more than I should have.

Hey, I never said I didn't like it. ;):

predictableshotaispredictable.

Speaking of JoJo, did they mention how far the series is going to go? I mean as much as I love Steel Ball Run and all that, I really just want them to make it to Stardust Crusaders like most other JoJo plebs. :B

During the announcement for the anime they teased all eight parts, so they're probably planning on doing the whole thing, but it really probably just depends on how well the dvds sell. From what I've heard they're doing pretty well, though. As for the current season, it will be 26 episodes, so it's just gonna be parts one and two.

True I haven't seen JoJo yet. There's like 5 different JoJos though...which one am I supposed to watch?

Watch the one that's airing right now.

No and not really. It's a faithful adaptation of the manga. Those ones were not very faithful and only covered part 1 except not really and part 3 except also not really.

If not I'm not sure what I'll watch; Cromartie High School, Rosario Vampire, and Serial Experiments Lain are the only shows on my hard drive that I haven't seen yet other than that so I'll probably choose between one of them. Any suggestions out of those three?

Out of those I haven't seen Cromartie. I did not enjoy Lain all that much, tbh, Probaby 2deep5me.

Rosario was very light, amusing, monstergirl harem. It could have handled itself better, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

There are only two. The first and oldest is about the third arc, Stardust Crusaders. It is about Jotaro Kujo, the great grandson of Jonathan Joestar, the protagonist of the very first part. It includes an explanation of the past two parts through a few small videos in which a narrator describes key events of the series. The newest anime just started running months ago, and starts from the very beginning.

I'd strongly recommend checking out the anime that's out now instead, as if you start with the OVA you will completely ruin some of the greatest plot anime and manga has to offer. I'd additionally recommend you read the manga at least up to Stardust Crusaders, as it gives a good feel of what the entire series has to offer and is memorable in more ways than you can imagine. I'm not sure how I can adequately describe the series without either spoiling things or making it sound bad, but there are so many things that are original and amazing about it that you are doing a huge disservice missing out on the drama, comedy, and incredible fight scenes.

Which you shouldn't watch until you've read up to Stardust Crusaders, so I don't know why I linked it.

In terms of anime, I'm pretty much just watching what's on Toonami - namely, Inuyasha, Samurai 7, Eureka 7, and Bleach. Beyond that, I'm also hooked on Brave Express Might Gaine.

In terms of manga, I'm reading Bokurano, and I plan on starting Familiar of Zero and Devilman in the near-future.

Bokurano is depressing as hell. The anime was even worse than the manga because of a massive unexplored plot thread they left dangling.

I know. Takashi (first pilot) was kinda cool. Shame he had to get pushed off of Zearth to his doom.

There's a ton of Gintama's too and I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to watch. Actually thought about starting it a while back even with its daunting 250+ episodes but I didn't know what to watch.

I know. Takashi (first pilot) was kinda cool. Shame he had to get pushed off of Zearth to his doom.

We-he-he-hell I hope someone enjoys plot twists. :newyears:

You must be incredibly early on. This manga is going to break your heart and make you hate imaginary worlds.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I think I racked up quite a list for this season... but for some reason out of all of the ones I have in my list, only one made me stick to its OP till the ED. I usually skip them, but...

Dem Jojo OP, jojo. It kept me glued, jojo. I wanted to press "Skip" but I can't, jojo. The next thing I know is that I have the OP and ED downloaded, jojo. ... And I don't know why I keep adding jojo's to my sentences, jojo. Honest, jojo!

Still haven't watched Jojo or Psycho Pass yet, but I think Shinsekai Yori's ED is my favorite. There's a lot of good OPs to choose from but I think To Love Ru: Darkness's might be my favorite right now.

I hate myself for not watching Helsing earlier. Seriously, it's awesome. A great anime, although I haven't been with time to watch more episodes.

SAO isn't that bad, but isn't that great either. I expected something like "HunterxHunter's Greed Island Arc meets .hack". While there are a lot of things it could improve on, I think it's becomming better now (I'm still on episode 5)

Also, I take every bad thing I said about Shirou back. After reading through UBW, I acknowledge how awesome he is.

Edited by Rapier