What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Yes, you are only starting to see. There is yet more to see on why everyone loves it. It will blow your mind.

gg should also be faster with their subs, especially because of that new years delay bs. >8(

Good thing it's up now.

Jojo's OP's are just so good.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To LOVE-RU decided to finish it since i kept dropping the series and was able to finish season 1 in a day

Fairy Tail yesterdays episode was worth waiting biggrin.gif

also can't wait for Cardfight Vanguard season 3

Edited by Xeroix

I just liked all the characters a lot. Whereas in Toradora I was only truly fond of Taiga and Ryuuji, I actually liked the entire cast of Chuunibyou. I think twelve episodes was way too short though, a good twenty would have been more suitable.

It's actually about as long as the first, which is odd. Maybe they'll concentrate more on the battle scenes or something.

They're up to Santana awakening, right? It's already getting well into the arc by this point.

I'd say Toradora is a good comparison to Chuunibyou. I think I was one of the few who found Toradora good but not great. I didn't like Taiga that much though and liked the other girls a bit more. Chuunibyou's sudden switch from lighthearted comedy to serious/romance was kinda weird to me and I didn't enjoy the show as much ever since.

It's gotta be three arcs that they do. That's what I assumed from the beginning.

It's actually about as long as the first, which is odd. Maybe they'll concentrate more on the battle scenes or something.

They're up to Santana awakening, right? It's already getting well into the arc by this point.

Phantom Blood is a bit less than two-thirds the length of Battle Tendency. So that's fourteen episodes even if it was adapted at the exact same speed as Phantom Blood.

And Helios, part 3 wouldn't even fit into a twenty-six episode season, let alone the latter third of one.

Phantom Blood is a bit less than two-thirds the length of Battle Tendency. So that's fourteen episodes even if it was adapted at the exact same speed as Phantom Blood.

And Helios, part 3 wouldn't even fit into a twenty-six episode season, let alone the latter third of one.

Oh wow didn't know they were that big. I guess this will just be the first two arcs. I really wanna see the third arc get animated now though, heard it was really good from you guys (and when I say animated now i mean like a second season to this latest jojo anime)

They will probably make a Stardust Crusaders (part 3) series too, yeah. I can't really imagine JoJo not being successful because it's a pop cultural giant in Japan, so I'm pretty confident that we'll get to see the entire manga (or almost the entire thing) in animated form. I'm really looking forward to parts 3 and 4, in specific (well, besides part 2 which is airing right now).

Heyyy, I just noticed this thread. Couldn't resist posting.

Well, I just finished Sword Art Online, and I'm watching the new animes K, Kokoro Connect and Zetsuen no Tempest: The Civilisation Blaster.

I'm rewatching some older ones like Tales of the Abyss, D Gray Man and Romeo and Juliet.

I'd like to ask for Magic/Adventure anime recommendations if you guys have any. I'm hoping to increase my anime compilation from here!~

They will probably make a Stardust Crusaders (part 3) series too, yeah. I can't really imagine JoJo not being successful because it's a pop cultural giant in Japan, so I'm pretty confident that we'll get to see the entire manga (or almost the entire thing) in animated form. I'm really looking forward to parts 3 and 4, in specific (well, besides part 2 which is airing right now).

I do like the idea of this series running for a long time.

Well, I just finished Sword Art Online, and I'm watching the new animes K,

You poor thing.

I'd say Toradora is a good comparison to Chuunibyou. I think I was one of the few who found Toradora good but not great. I didn't like Taiga that much though and liked the other girls a bit more. Chuunibyou's sudden switch from lighthearted comedy to serious/romance was kinda weird to me and I didn't enjoy the show as much ever since.

I saw the switch coming, but I still thought it was nice. It was awkward to watch at times because of the sad truth that the characters had to face, but it was one of the better anime I believe I've seen in quite some time.

Really wish it wouldn't have ended right where it did, though, at least give some resolution as to what happens after Rikka and Yuuta were being chased.

Hmm. To be fair I don't remember much before Cars and the gang.

I think part 3 would fit into a twenty-six episode season, though. It fit inside a 13-episode one earlier and included a fair bit of the content the manga had. I'd definitely like to see some coverage of stuff they didn't even touch in the old one, though, like all of Oingo Boingo stuff.

This is good news. I think it's pretty good already, and you guys have been saying the good stuff has yet to even be seen.

Heyyy, I just noticed this thread. Couldn't resist posting.

Well, I just finished Sword Art Online, and I'm watching the new animes K, Kokoro Connect and Zetsuen no Tempest: The Civilisation Blaster.

I'm rewatching some older ones like Tales of the Abyss, D Gray Man and Romeo and Juliet.

I'd like to ask for Magic/Adventure anime recommendations if you guys have any. I'm hoping to increase my anime compilation from here!~

Kokoro Connect is really good. I got Marth into it and he loved it.

Watch Magi, which just came out this fall. It's a magic/adventure shounen and it's been pretty interesting so far. I think it's what you're looking for.

I saw the switch coming, but I still thought it was nice. It was awkward to watch at times because of the sad truth that the characters had to face, but it was one of the better anime I believe I've seen in quite some time.

Really wish it wouldn't have ended right where it did, though, at least give some resolution as to what happens after Rikka and Yuuta were being chased.

Yeah I started to see it to when they took the trip to see Rikka's grandparents and all that. I agree though, and it actually ended up being better than I expected. I guess it ended up being okay that KyoAni didn't pick up Little Busters lol.

Yeah that would have been nice, though I still think they ended it alright. I felt satisfied enough with the ending because of how everything led up to it.

Damn it guys, SAO season one was GOOD.

Admittedly it went downhill really, really, REALLY fast but season one was GOOD.

I hope the author keep making more side story lns to talk about Aincrad, since IMO that's probably the best part about SAO. The first few levels and all the stufff that happens right after he leaves the "starting village" are the most interesting to me.

Admittedly it went downhill really, really, REALLY fast but season one was GOOD.

No. No, it wasn't. The only good part of SAO was the first two episodes with an honorable mention to the third episode. Then we get harem-bait side stories and the main characters playing house while Kirito godmodes everything.

Hmm. To be fair I don't remember much before Cars and the gang.

I think part 3 would fit into a twenty-six episode season, though. It fit inside a 13-episode one earlier and included a fair bit of the content the manga had. I'd definitely like to see some coverage of stuff they didn't even touch in the old one, though, like all of Oingo Boingo stuff.

Yeah, part 1 is like 44 chapters, part 2 is 69 chapters...they're just taking it a bit slower for part 2, for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want to miss all the gorgeous details.

That's likely. Part 3 is long, but pretty snappy.

Though that 13-episode thing pretty much sucked, except for like two episodes.

This is good news. I think it's pretty good already, and you guys have been saying the good stuff has yet to even be seen.

You've seen a part of the good stuff, but the thing is, there's more, and there's even better stuff.

You're in the side stories right now (3-7). Those were published separately from the rest of the story, but the animation studio decided to do everything chronologically. When you get back to the main story, it's two years after the beginning. So you've got more time jumping coming up.

So the other seasons are worse than the first? ... Screw that, I'll never watch SAO again and waste bandwithd connection with it.

I've been watchin SAO recently and it disappointed me in many ways. I imagined some kind of .hack meets Greed Island Arc of HunterxHunter, but the whole setting is completely wasted imo. There is little to no world building, Kirito starts as an OPed Sue and stays like this throughout the anime, the story arc is disappointing... the list goes on.

Now I plan to get back to Helsing, which I've put on hiatus for a while because of some VNs. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for more Akame ga Kiru! chapters because I love that manga soooo much (if anyone can recommend me a manga similar to it, please tell me).

Watch Magi, which just came out this fall. It's a magic/adventure shounen and it's been pretty interesting so far. I think it's what you're looking for.

Do you mean this Magi?

Edited by Rapier

What anime are you watching right now?

Black Bible.

But more seriously, I haven't seen anything in ages. The last thing I remember seeing was reliving a few episodes of Metabots.

RahXephon

I liked that one. Had a pretty beautiful score, IIRC. The, geographical, or setting aspect of a "walled off" city that the "good guys" sort of have surrounded was interesting. Don't remember the cast and plot that well, though.

Edited by Mouse

Heard that's really similar to NGE. Is that true?

It's fairly similar, in terms of confusing mecha plot that's impossible to follow without reading more about it elsewhere.

One of the main things about it that I liked is the main romance. I like when mainstream series push for unusual romantic couples. It would be cool to see more like that.

Need a new series to watch, I'll take suggestion but all I ask is that the story is interesting and won't bore me to quit it like Arigatou the Third.......

Without having you list a huge number of anime, what kinds of genres are you interested and what big names have you checked out?