What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Part 3 of JoJo is all but 100% confirmed. There's the teaser + great ratings and sales. David Production would be stupid not to continue.

For the record, as far as current sales go based on the released volumes, JoJo is the 39th best-selling anime since the year 2000 at ~20k copies per volume. It was the 2nd best of its season beaten only by Girls und Panzer, which sold ~28k per volume and sits at #24 since 2000.

An anime series like JoJo (late night, low/average budget) is typically due for a sequel if it reaches ~8k sales per volume. JoJo fans can rest easy.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... the animation for Aku no Hana is... well...

How do you go from this:

1344504912.jpg?v=1344504912

To this:

anh4.png

I heard this light novel was pretty good, kinda disappointing that this art makes me not want to touch the anime.

So here's how I'm feeling about my likelihood to just randomly stop watching the shows that I've currently picked up:

Satan at McDonald's - When I get bored of it

Majestic Prince - When I get bored of it/When it turns to shit

Valvrave the Liberator - When it turns to shit

Attack on Titan - If it follows the manga but manages to be slow and boring anyways (which is exactly what the manga is not)/If it doesn't follow the manga and what it ends up doing is retarded (I would be interested in it doing something different if it's still as amazing/cool as the manga)

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Not happening

Aku no Hana's rotoscopped. Somebody gushing about it again:

They're going for uncanny-valley discomfort, and succeeding. The show is about finding the grody dark side of the seemingly ordinary people around you (as well as your own), and the visuals totally match that theme. Rotoscoped people appear so "real" that the subconscious recognizes them as disturbingly unreal.

(I'm relatively excited about it myself, half just for virtue of doing something different, much less an anime doing something different)

also, an image straight from the manga:

gm8mKXN.png

the animation actually doesn't seem like that much of a stretch, imo

Edited by Rehab

Man, Valvrave is looking like it might actually be legitimately cool, though we'll have to see how it turns out in the future. If nothing else it'll certainly be super great in Super Robot Wars, at least.

I started watching Steins Gate yesterday.

That is one awesome as hell anime! If not mind boggling. Can get confusing, but it's still amazing.

Not sure if I updated mine... to just currently watching... To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S along with Shingeki no Kyojin and Devil Survivor 2 The Animation.

Just watched Shingeki no Kyojin today. Good stuff. Will definitely keep that on the radar. Maou is just a thing to watch on friday at lunch. Devil Survivor 2 I'm watching because I've never actually investigated main SMT series. Gargantia seems solid enough for now.

The irony it would've been if a persona anime was airing this season during the jojo downtime

Spring 2013 Anime Week 4 power rankings (based on the ones I've seen so far)

1. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan): This show is epic. Nuff said.

2. Suisei no Gargantia: Aesthetically pleasing, interesting plot/concept, good action.

3. Hataraku no Maou-sama: Not a serious show but interesting concept, decent characters, and lighthearted fun.

4. Valvrave the Liberator: This show is more over the top than Gurren Lagann, and is a mix of Code Geass and Gundam but not serious at all. It's been fun.

5. Railgun S: Nothing's really happened yet since they're setting up the plot, but I heard this arc was really good so it'll probably be one of the better anime.

6. Hayate no Gotoku Cuties: Still disappointed the great "Golden Week" arc wasn't animated, but so far it's been some humurous slice of life bits from the manga.

7. Date a Live: Tokha is so cute haha. Generic harem so far with a cool concept. Has potential if the characters and plot develop well.

8. RDG: Red Data Girl: Painfully slow and boring. Characters have been super boring so far. Unique concept is its saving grace so far.

9. Photokano: Only watching this because its supposed to be like Amagami, and I liked Amagami.

I'm pretty new to anime. I started with Hellsing Ultimate (holy crap, so amazing) and now am on Ep. 158 of Bleach. Don't know where I'm going to next, though. Any recommendations based on these?

I'm pretty new to anime. I started with Hellsing Ultimate (holy crap, so amazing) and now am on Ep. 158 of Bleach. Don't know where I'm going to next, though. Any recommendations based on these?

Black Lagoon is basically Hellsing Ultimate with normal people, and One Piece is a shounen like Bleach but imo much much better. Try those out.

4. Valvrave the Liberator: This show is more over the top than Gurren Lagann, and is a mix of Code Geass and Gundam but not serious at all. It's been fun.

Finally, someone outside of SA other than Seph1212 who understands! (Though the "more over the top than Gurren Lagann" bit might be a bit hyperbolic~). Man, I've somehow found myself looking forward to Valvrave episodes even more than I look forward to Gargantia and Attack on Titan even though those are both probably better. (Though, Gargantia's lows (fucking pirate lady) are definitely lower than Valvrave's)

Also, the Valvrave One is one of the coolest robots I've seen in a long time. Not even Chamber can compare. <3

Edited by Hikarasuman

At first I thought Valrvrave was just an actual mecha show. The episode 1 ended, I bust a gut laughing, and got some popcorn for ep2. It's great in its own way. I haven't had an excuse to WHAT A TWEEST since geass season 2.

Kyojin is just so well produced though. Naysayers all seem to be people who've read the manga and clamor on about absentminded plot direction. Doesn't really phase me yet.
The 20 minutes of show could be terrible and the 90 second opening would still make up for it.

Finally, someone outside of SA other than Seph1212 who understands! (Though the "more over the top than Gurren Lagann" bit might be a bit hyperbolic~). Man, I've somehow found myself looking forward to Valvrave episodes even more than I look forward to Gargantia and Attack on Titan even though those are both probably better. (Though, Gargantia's lows (fucking pirate lady) are definitely lower than Valvrave's)

Also, the Valvrave One is one of the coolest robots I've seen in a long time. Not even Chamber can compare. <3

Yeah my little brother told me to check it out. When I asked him for a summary he just goes "this will probably make you think of Code Geass but more crazy and over the top". You're right, it hasn't gotten at TTGL's level yet, but if it's craziness rises exponentially the way TTGL did...we're gonna have some fun haha.

Agreed the Valvrave One is amazing. I'm hoping he can also do like a Valvrave version of "Shining Finger". That would truly make me happy (and laugh hysterically).

At first I thought Valrvrave was just an actual mecha show. The episode 1 ended, I bust a gut laughing, and got some popcorn for ep2. It's great in its own way. I haven't had an excuse to WHAT A TWEEST since geass season 2.

Kyojin is just so well produced though. Naysayers all seem to be people who've read the manga and clamor on about absentminded plot direction. Doesn't really phase me yet.

The 20 minutes of show could be terrible and the 90 second opening would still make up for it.

What is the..."critique" on the anime? I haven't actually been reading up on other people's opinions (avoiding spoilers).

What is the..."critique" on the anime? I haven't actually been reading up on other people's opinions (avoiding spoilers).

I read the manga after watching episode one of the anime. I think that, while the anime has made a couple questionable decisions and the animation is a bit shoddy at places, their decisions will work amazingly well in the long run and that it looks like they were saving their animation budget for the things that actually deserve to be well animated.

Which is to say, I think they're doing a good enough job so far and that it'll likely get to be an even better adaptation now that we're actually about to get to the fun parts.

So I just watched episode four of Valvrave. Holy shit, this fucking show. I can't believe this shit. I think I'm in love.

Edit: I won't be able to breathe for a week

Edited by Hikarasuman

So I just watched episode four of Valvrave. Holy shit, this fucking show. I can't believe this shit. I think I'm in love.

Edit: I won't be able to breathe for a week

Hahahaa yesssss you've seen it too. I feel the same way man. I'm finding myself looking forward to the next episode more and more. Plus the OP and ED are awesome.