What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

^I recommend all these things as well. Suisei needs to stop being all fanservice and get back to a plot though.

Started watching Yahari Ore...whatever it's called. Finished the first two episodes. Pretty entertaining so far. Characters kinda remind me of Bakemonogatari a bit.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madoka is pretty solid.

Other things from the same writer, all of which are recommendable: black lagoon, fate/zero, psycho pass, and currently airing, suisei no gargantia.

Being a character in urobuchi's stories is suffering.

Black Lagoon wasn't written by Urobuchi. He wrote a light novel based on the manga, and the anime was also based on the manga.

Also, double posting is against the rules so I'm gonna preemptively give my thoughts on Valvrave 6 based on what I think is gonna happen even though I haven't seen it yet, just in case no one posts between now and then: "Holy fucking hell yes, anime of the year 2013. My boner is now infinitely huge."

Madoka is pretty solid.

Other things from the same writer, all of which are recommendable: black lagoon, fate/zero, psycho pass, and currently airing, suisei no gargantia.

Being a character in urobuchi's stories is suffering.

Although I heard about Psycho Pass before, I didn't know it was also written by Uroboshi Gen... I'll give it a try. I've only watched Fate/Zero and PMMM so far. =P

Maybe I'll try adventuring into some of Nitro+ VNs at a later time.

Just watched Valvrave episode 6. Holy fucking hell yes, anime of the year 2013. My boner is now infinitely huge.

Although I heard about Psycho Pass before, I didn't know it was also written by Uroboshi Gen... I'll give it a try. I've only watched Fate/Zero and PMMM so far. =P

Maybe I'll try adventuring into some of Nitro+ VNs at a later time.

Also fuck you, you ruined it. >8[

Just watched Valvrave episode 6. Holy fucking hell yes, anime of the year 2013. My boner is now infinitely huge.

It was indeed another solid episode. Rukino is pretty selfish, but pretty entertaining at the same time. Wtf happened to Haruto though? He kinda just (I assume at least) dodged a bunch of bullets the entire second half of episode. Best part of the episode was the ojousama girl though hahaha.

It was indeed another solid episode. Rukino is pretty selfish, but pretty entertaining at the same time. Wtf happened to Haruto though? He kinda just (I assume at least) dodged a bunch of bullets the entire second half of episode. Best part of the episode was the ojousama girl though hahaha.

That's pretty much what I love about Saki, especially because of how different she is from how she's been portrayed up until now (which is to say that I disliked her until this episode). She's more than just a generic moe idol ~desuuuuuuu~ etc, which is what I was afraid she would end up being.

That's pretty much what I love about Saki, especially because of how different she is from how she's been portrayed up until now (which is to say that I disliked her until this episode). She's more than just a generic moe idol ~desuuuuuuu~ etc, which is what I was afraid she would end up being.

Yeah she gained some much needed depth this episode and became more likable. Her aggressiveness contrasts Haruto's passiveness really well, which can create some funny scenes.

Well I recently just finished Magi and Kuroko No Basuke so I'm actually not watching anything at the moment. ._.

Read the Magi manga it's a whole lot better.

Black Lagoon wasn't written by Urobuchi.

Did not go into the wiki page in detail. It wouldn't have surprised me, but knowing that he only wrote up the light novel doesn't surprise me either. After all, he did do /scenario/ for f/zero, not everything in it.

Speaking of fate, prisma ilya is really really a thing this summer. My brain still can't get around this reality. Spinoff what.

Did not go into the wiki page in detail. It wouldn't have surprised me, but knowing that he only wrote up the light novel doesn't surprise me either. After all, he did do /scenario/ for f/zero, not everything in it.

Speaking of fate, prisma ilya is really really a thing this summer. My brain still can't get around this reality. Spinoff what.

He actually did write the entirety of the Fate/Zero light novels, which the anime was based entirely on, though. :X

He actually did write the entirety of the Fate/Zero light novels, which the anime was based entirely on, though. :X

I meant the characters and what not. That's nasu territory.

So he wrote them but didn't create ever- whatever I can't words.

Edited by Sheth

I meant the characters and what not. That's nasu territory.

So he wrote them but didn't create ever- whatever I can't words.

That depends. For example, he developped some character ideas by himself, like Iskander (Nasu commented on how he impressed he was with Gen's idea, and that he thought something completely different for him). In some cases, Nasu only helped with names (I might be wrong there, though).

I'm in the middle of watching Tamako Market, which is lovably hilarious.

Yesterday, I watched the first episode of Fairy Tale, and I enjoyed it, but it's a bit too cheesy and generically Dragon Ball Z-ish. It also has a lot of episodes, and I usually watch shorter animes, so I'm not sure if I'll continue with it. Anyone up to date with it? Is it worth devoting a lot of time to?

I've seen all 175 episodes of Fairy Tail. It takes 10-20 episodes to start being really good, but from then on it remains pretty consistently great except for a couple filler arcs (one of which is plain bad while the other is just okay). It's a long-running Shonen action series, so yeah, it'll have similarities to stuff like DBZ and Naruto.

Helios's Spring Anime 2013 Week 7 Power Rankings

1. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan): Another awesome episode, especially the end. Heard this next one is gonna be "interesting".

2. Valvrave the Liberator: So entertaining.

3. Suisei no Gargantia: Good episode this week. Looks like the plot is coming back.

4. Henneko: I should have started watching this before. It's really a solid romcom and uses the supernatural element well.

5. Hataraku no Maou-sama: I realize each week that the other stuff about this show (art, animation, voice acting, music) is really well done.

6. Yahari something: At first it looks like a generic romcom, but it isn't at all. The more episodes I watched, the more I liked it.

7. A Certain Scientific Railgun S: Despite dropping to 7, it didn't get worse or anything. I've just been really entertained this season I guess (much better than the winter season imo). It's pretty decent so far, but I haven't seen why it's been so hyped just yet. But it's still early so it's alright.

8. Devil Survivor 2: Build up episode this week for next week's episode. Hope to see some good action.

9. Date a Live: Needs more Tohka cuteness but I think there's actually going to be an antagonist in this show now. Clock eye girl is weiiiird.

10. Hayate no Gotoku Cuties: No episode yesterday, but it's been alright so far. It's made me laugh at least.

11. Photokano: I think this would be better if they didn't waste the first four episodes with nothingness trying to introduce the characters and instead just stuck to each girl's arc the way Amagami SS did. 1-2 episodes per girl is nowhere near enough to develop the heroines (who at least have some potential).

12. Red Data Girl: Am I supposed to understand all the details of what's going on? Why are the characters not likable at all? Why is their so much teenage angst? Why do I keep watching this lol?

Code: Breaker

Don't watch it. It's one of the few anime I consider absolutely terrible.

1. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan): Another awesome episode, especially the end. Heard this next one is gonna be "interesting".

Next episode (or maybe the one after) is going to contain the twist that serves as the series' basic premise from then on, so it'll definitely be interesting

Next episode (or maybe the one after) is going to contain the twist that serves as the series' basic premise from then on, so it'll definitely be interesting

Pffft, who the fuck cares about that shit? I've been looking forward to the elevator for the entire anime so far.