What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

[spoiler=vague manga stuff]

Somehow like half of my favorite parts of the series about people using spiderman equipment to kill giants are parts that involve people stuck without usable spiderman equipment against tiny giants. It's really weird.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah all I've heard is that it's gonna be a twist that might cause a divide between people watching the show. But I guess it becomes understandable (as in you understand why the author did it) later on so just stick with it because the parts after this are gonna be awesome. That's all I know though. Been trying super hard to not read the manga or read spoilers on the internet. Whatever this twist is, I think the most entertaining part for me is going to see how my little brother reacts to it hahaha.

I saw the twist coming a mile away. They made it kinda obvious. I watched the anime episodes first and instantly raised up that theory, then I read the manga which confirmed it.

Edited by Lævateinn

I had it spoiled for me when I checked on the Wikipedia entry for general plot after Eren got devoured by that Titan, thinking "Oh fuck no it's not gonna be this type of manga is it?" I hadn't meant to actually read the plot, but since I read text in large bricks caught the spot where it says Eren finds he has Titan powers. I still think I'd have seen it coming, though. I think it's easy to see coming so long as you come to the conclusion that the main character is not dead. "How could he possibly survive being eaten by a Titan? By being a Titan, of course!"

Although even now I still have a bunch of questions like I'm sure everyone else does

1.) Who the fuck is this talking ape-Titan?

2.) After the newest attack that happened within Wall Rose, are all (or at least the largest majority of) Titans just regular people transformed? This seems to be most evident since they lack reproductive organs.

3.) If humans were so weak against Titans, how the hell did they build the Walls made of Titans? One point --mentioned by a character in-universe, even-- is that if it's made out of Titans, and the only time Titans aren't active is at night, then the walls would have had to have been created in a single night. wtf?

4,) It's pretty evident that Grisha's serum probably gave Eren his Titan powers. Why does he have this? Why give it to Eren? Assuming Annie, Bernholdt, and Reiner were similarly given their abilities, who gave it to them? And why?

5.) A popular theory right now is that rather than being a human with Titan powers, Ymir is a Titan given human form. Either way, what is her significance? One Titan in a side-story even speaks of her. Given, it could speaking of the Norse deity itself rather than her, and it would be appropriate given the theme, but in the event it's not, why would it be referring to her?

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Pffft, who the fuck cares about that shit? I've been looking forward to the elevator for the entire anime so far.

Yes. Me too. That scene is going to be awesome.

Angel Beats done, and apparently I'm the only person out of all my friends that liked Yuri more than Kanade.

Maybe that's why I barely cried at the ending =( i have no soul

Watching either Claymore or Sakurasou after this, probably Claymore because it looks decent.

I just want to state that I basically tore through Madoka Magica in two days; impressive considering the fact that I don't really have that level of free time.

It might be the best bit of anime storytelling I've ever seen.

Angel Beats done, and apparently I'm the only person out of all my friends that liked Yuri more than Kanade.

Maybe that's why I barely cried at the ending =( i have no soul

Watching either Claymore or Sakurasou after this, probably Claymore because it looks decent.

I liked Yuri more than Kanade, if that helps lol. I also didn't cry at the ending, but I did have some feels.

Imo, Claymore sucks. I think I just expected too much out of it though, but I honestly felt forced to complete it. Sakurasou is a decent high school romcom, though it kinda loses it's luster as the series progresses since they keep holding off plot development until the end of the show. At least the end was pretty good though.

I've finished Fate/Stay Night (the 2nd time as I've finished the VN the week before) and Rosario + Vampire this week, besides I watch Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, Hataraku Maou-sama and Shingeki no Kyoujin.

I'm planning to watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo or The World God Only Knows next, I have to distract myself from waiting for a new Yahari episode.

Edited by Assurhaddon

^Check out Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko as well. Another pretty solid romcom this season. Out of the two you mentioned, I'd say The World God Only Knows is more entertaining, but Sakurasou is more emotional. Both are pretty good. If you watch TWGOK, make sure to read the manga afterwards, because that's where the real stuff goes down, and why its so popular.

Edited by Helios

currently watching

1Higurashi kai,

2Devil survivor 2,

3Melancholy of haruhi,

4Korewa zombie des ka OTD,

5Best wishes,

6an anime regarding giant retarded nakeds that likes to eat their smaller beings that made the whole anime make sense attack on titan,

7BAKA ⑨ to test to shoukanjuu

8Kamisama hajimemashta

my friends suggested me to watch Karneval, Date alive, hataraku no maou, infinite stratos 2, RDG, seikon no qwaser, shin rei tantei yakumo, are any of those that worth it?

^Check out Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko as well. Another pretty solid romcom this season. Out of the two you mentioned, I'd say The World God Only Knows is more entertaining, but Sakurasou is more emotional. Both are pretty good. If you watch TWGOK, make sure to read the manga afterwards, because that's where the real stuff goes down, and why its so popular.

Thanks for the advice! I've never watched any romcoms (or at least didn't try them at all) but I acquired a taste for them this season ("Hataraku Maou-sama!" and "Yahari Ore ..."got lovable characters).

I'm starting to watch Sakurasou today, it was way easier to get than TWGOK - I'll wait until Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko is done, I prefer to watch it at a stretch.

Yeah I'm watching it, and if you look back in the thread a bit, you'll see some other guys are watching it/are reading the manga as well.

So this last episode of Shingeki was the greatest one yet. My little bro and I are just so happy right now.

[spoiler=Don't read unless you've read the manga or seen the latest episode]Agree with Proto that the "plot twist" was predictable as hell. I don't even care though because I WANTED it to happen. First thing I thought when he saved Mikasa was "yup that's Eren". Honestly, it would have been more shocking to me if he actually was truly dead. Elevator scene that Hikarasuman was talking about was really awesome as well. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens next episode. Hopefully they explain how Eren became a Titan and all that, but chances are it won't really explain anything for a while. Looks like the rest of the city hates him though (according to the preview). Can't wait til this next episode.

Yeah I'm watching it, and if you look back in the thread a bit, you'll see some other guys are watching it/are reading the manga as well.

So this last episode of Shingeki was the greatest one yet. My little bro and I are just so happy right now.

[spoiler=Don't read unless you've read the manga or seen the latest episode]Agree with Proto that the "plot twist" was predictable as hell. I don't even care though because I WANTED it to happen. First thing I thought when he saved Mikasa was "yup that's Eren". Honestly, it would have been more shocking to me if he actually was truly dead. Elevator scene that Hikarasuman was talking about was really awesome as well. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens next episode. Hopefully they explain how Eren became a Titan and all that, but chances are it won't really explain anything for a while. Looks like the rest of the city hates him though (according to the preview). Can't wait til this next episode.

Yeah I also got that feeling that the Titan was Eren. Why else would it protect the others?

Also does anyone else find it weird that Titans have no sex organs?

Edited by Majestic Paladin

Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Berserk and Monster. Watch em.

And I just started to watch Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn and it looks good so far. HATE SEED AND SEED DESTINY.

I had it spoiled for me when I checked on the Wikipedia entry for general plot after Eren got devoured by that Titan, thinking "Oh fuck no it's not gonna be this type of manga is it?" I hadn't meant to actually read the plot, but since I read text in large bricks caught the spot where it says Eren finds he has Titan powers. I still think I'd have seen it coming, though. I think it's easy to see coming so long as you come to the conclusion that the main character is not dead. "How could he possibly survive being eaten by a Titan? By being a Titan, of course!"

Although even now I still have a bunch of questions like I'm sure everyone else does

1.) Who the fuck is this talking ape-Titan?

2.) After the newest attack that happened within Wall Rose, are all (or at least the largest majority of) Titans just regular people transformed? This seems to be most evident since they lack reproductive organs.

3.) If humans were so weak against Titans, how the hell did they build the Walls made of Titans? One point --mentioned by a character in-universe, even-- is that if it's made out of Titans, and the only time Titans aren't active is at night, then the walls would have had to have been created in a single night. wtf?

4,) It's pretty evident that Grisha's serum probably gave Eren his Titan powers. Why does he have this? Why give it to Eren? Assuming Annie, Bernholdt, and Reiner were similarly given their abilities, who gave it to them? And why?

5.) A popular theory right now is that rather than being a human with Titan powers, Ymir is a Titan given human form. Either way, what is her significance? One Titan in a side-story even speaks of her. Given, it could speaking of the Norse deity itself rather than her, and it would be appropriate given the theme, but in the event it's not, why would it be referring to her?

I think that the ape looking Titan is actually Eren's father. The ape can speak normally and he knows much about the human and Titan race. We still don't know what's in the basement though.

I think that the ape looking Titan is actually Eren's father. The ape can speak normally and he knows much about the human and Titan race. We still don't know what's in the basement though.

You should mark your manga spoilers.

[spoiler=AoT manga]The ape can't be Eren's dad. Eren's dad would presumably know about the 3D gear. The ape titan apparently just learned of it. Also, just gonna note that Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir all had absurd reactions to the ape titan, so much so that even Connie made note of the fact. Additionally, it was directly after that that Reiner tried to get Eren to come with them. The ape titan pretty much has to be a sign of some awful shit going down.

You should mark your manga spoilers.

[spoiler=AoT manga]The ape can't be Eren's dad. Eren's dad would presumably know about the 3D gear. The ape titan apparently just learned of it. Also, just gonna note that Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir all had absurd reactions to the ape titan, so much so that even Connie made note of the fact. Additionally, it was directly after that that Reiner tried to get Eren to come with them. The ape titan pretty much has to be a sign of some awful shit going down.

Whoever it is he gives me a creepy feeling. Spoilers for those that haven't read the manga.

Random though but what if all the Titans are like Eren and Annie who can change between them at will? Any that all the Titans are attacking the human race for something terrible in the past?

[spoiler=Shingeki spoilers]I find it very hard to believe that ALL the Titans, or even anything but an incredibly small minority, are like Eren and Annie. Titans that have any form of intelligence or differentiating behavior are noted as exceedingly rare to begin with. I think it's probable that all the Titans were at some point humans, or at least very believable, but I definitely don't think most are anything like Eren or Annie.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

since i've had nothing to do recently, i've been re-watching some favorites and watching some that i haven't seen:

psycho-pass

eureka seven

spice and wolf

ghost in the shell: sac (+ 2nd gig)

i'm thinking of re-watching last exile next. it's a shame that there aren't many very good steampunk anime.

(also i am so psyched for arise to come out in june, though i am a bit scared that it won't be executed well.)

Edited by dondon151