What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

I watched the Rebuild of Eva 3.0 just now. Without making a huge critique post, I'm just gonna say I'm a bit disappointed as a huge fan of the Eva series. I get that it's supposed to be different than the original TV series, and I'm perfectly fine with that, but the direction they decided to take with this movie barely even worked off the second movie (which is imo the best of the rebuild series). Still a lot of unanswered questions, and I'm hoping that the final movie will make up for all of this and more.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god I just watched Valvrave 5. Fuuuck episode 6 cannot possibly come fast enough. God fucking dammit. The fuckers are just teasing me at this point. Specifically me. No one else.

Guys watch Valvrave. Guys. Watch Valvrave.

So, after like, half a year, I finally finished watching Clannad.

I can barely cry at the scenes I'm a horrible human being :(

I think the fact that you watched it over the span of more than half a year had a lot to do with it.

Also, are you referring to After Story or only the first season of Clannad?

Edited by Lævateinn

I didn't cry to Clannad, either.

But After Story made me cry like a fucking bitch.

Same here. After Story is what really made my cry. First season was touching, but not to the tear-jerking level.

For the VN, on the other hand, I cried to Fuuko route ;~;

Attack on Titan has got me completely hooked now. At first I was being a bit of a drag about it because of how hyped it is but as it's gone on it's really won me over. The animation and concept is a breath of fresh air.

Helios's Spring Anime 2013 Week 6 Power Rankings

1. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan): Even the "slow" episodes are intense and awesome. It's taking me a lot of willpower and restraint to not just read the manga. Oh and I keep thinking of this now lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PDHCLjuOzXY

2. Valvrave the Liberator: Makes the jump to two from week 4 because I love this show. From the OP to the ED it's just sheer beauty haha.

3. Suisei no Gargantia: Debating putting this down to 4 since the last couple weeks have been 90% fanservice, but the end of this week's episode was interesting.

4. A Certain Scientific Railgun S: It's started off slow, but man was this week's episode good. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

5. Hataraku no Maou-sama: It's simple, funny, and entertaining, which is all I expected out of it. The characters and plot aren't too bad though, which is a plus.

6. Devil Survivor 2: Just picked this up because my little brother said it's pretty cool. I have to agree. As long as you want simple entertainment, it delivers.

7. Hayate no Gotoku Cuties: This is starting to grow on me, since they're pretty much doing funny random manga chapters. Some good slice of life comedy.

8. Date A Live: Fanservice episode this week with nothing else really.

9. Photokano: Still need to watch this week's episode, but it's been pretty boring so far tbh. It's starting to pick up though at least.

10. Red Data Girl: Still need to watch this week's episode too, but it's been really slow and boring and the characters aren't very likable. Bottom-feeder again.

Edited by Helios

I don't know why but the only anime I'd consider watching this season is that one with magic scissors.

why do i like crappy romance crap

I didn't cry to Clannad, either.

But After Story made me cry like a fucking bitch.

Same here. After Story is what really made my cry. First season was touching, but not to the tear-jerking level.

For the VN, on the other hand, I cried to Fuuko route ;~;

Not gonna lie, Fuuko's route in the anime made me tear up haha. Tomoyo's little episode made me tear up. And of course, After Story made me tear up. Gotta hand it to Key, they make things incredibly emotional.

I'm watching Aku no Hana, Arata Kangatari, Date a Live, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, Karneval, Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai, Photokano, RDG: Red Data Girl, Shingeki no Kyojin, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, and Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

In terms of favorite to least favorite, this is probably how my rankings will stay until the very end of the shows:

1. Shingeki no Kyojin - So far this anime has the potential of being the best of the year for me. I'll have to wait and see how it goes until the end before it can be the absolute best.

2. Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - I really like romcoms for the most part. There are some that I'm not particularly fond of (like Toradora as an example), but this one isn't one of those. I think it is cute.

3. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteir - See above. I also must say that this romcom has the best main male character I've seen in a romcom yet.

4. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - Sister's Arc <3

5. Karneval - I followed the manga for a couple years and thought it was pretty decent, so I was a bit excited for the anime. The anime is pretty decent so far too imo.

6. Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Honestly, the episodes without/with barely any Kirino are REALLY good, but the episodes with her drag it down. I hate tsunderes and find it really hard to enjoy a lot of anime series with tsundere main characters, but Kirino is extra obnoxious and makes it even harder. She's my second least favorite tsundere, right behind Haruhi.

7. Arata Kangatari - The first episode was really stupid so I was worried I'd dislike this, but it isn't so bad. It has some interesting moments to keep me entertained.

8. Date A Live - It's not very good, but it does manage to keep me entertained for the most part. It has some funny moments that make me laugh.

9. Photokano - "We shall take pictures of girls boobies and pantsu and call ourselves a photography club" Just lol...

10. RDG: Red Data Girl - It had a nice concept, but it makes little to no sense. The plot just jumps around from one thing to another and doesn't really do much to explain the developments at all. I know of a lot of people having a hard time following the storyline besides me too.

11. Aku no Hana - Possibly the worst anime adaption I have ever seen. I watch it simply so I can piss myself laughing at how bad it is.

EDIT: For some reason my post ended up all URLy.

Edited by Sumia

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, May 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, May 13, 2013 - No reason given

EDIT: Computer derped.

Edited by Sumia

11. Aku no Hana - Possibly the worst anime adaption I have ever seen. I watch it simply so I can piss myself laughing at how bad it is.

I have no idea how it relates to the manga and I've heard mixed things about it.

I can't deny how hillarious it is though, comedy of the year for me.

The weirdness of the main character just keeps me watching. Especially his friend that goes "NEEEH?" all the time.

Will have to agree to disagree with you about Kirino though :p

I tend to like anime characters who I'd never get on with in real life and Kirino suits that completely.

From what I've seen people tend to split between her and Kuronekko. I really can't stand Kuronekko so I guess it works.

Edited by Talvisota

Helios's Spring Anime 2013 Week 6 Power Rankings

1. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan): Even the "slow" episodes are intense and awesome. It's taking me a lot of willpower and restraint to not just read the manga. Oh and I keep thinking of this now lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PDHCLjuOzXY

The manga's okay so far from the first few volumes I've read, but the quality of the artwork often leaves much to be desired. At important points it pulls itself together, but generally panels are mostly empty, and the character proportions are just downright awful.

I actually kinda like that about it, almost everything's kinda rough and sketchy and twisted. The proportions can just end up seeming kind of wonky, but things looking a bit wrong one way or another gives it a visual tone I find interesting when combined with the sometimes surreal action going on. I definitely wouldn't want every comic ever to be drawn the same way, but I think it's interesting enough to at least forgive.

Edited by Rehab

The manga's okay so far from the first few volumes I've read, but the quality of the artwork often leaves much to be desired. At important points it pulls itself together, but generally panels are mostly empty, and the character proportions are just downright awful.

I actually kinda like that about it, almost everything's kinda rough and sketchy and twisted. The proportions can just end up seeming kind of wonky, but things looking a bit wrong one way or another gives it a visual tone I find interesting when combined with the sometimes surreal action going on. I definitely wouldn't want every comic ever to be drawn the same way, but I think it's interesting enough to at least forgive.

Yeah I heard when it comes to the manga, the art style is kind of an "acquired taste" so to speak. It seems really bad weird at first, but over time you kinda get used to it and it's not so bad anymore. I'm guessing the content makes it so that you can forgive the art at least.

2. Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - I really like romcoms for the most part. There are some that I'm not particularly fond of (like Toradora as an example), but this one isn't one of those. I think it is cute.

3. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteir - See above. I also must say that this romcom has the best main male character I've seen in a romcom yet.

I've been thinking about picking up Henneko since it's a romcom and I love romcoms, but I haven't heard of this other one (does it have a shorter nickname?). Taking a quick look at some threads on MAL and it seems people seem to really like it though, so I think I might check this out too.

Warawanai neko is really, really cute. It has surprisingly strong moments, but plenty of mediocre ones too. More com than rom, not close.

From what I've little I've seen of the kyojin manga, it doesn't bother me. I can see why you might not like it, though. I got through vento aureo and steel ball run, though, so maybe that's just me. (Steel ball run is gorgeous, but there were times I was looking at frames and going 'what in the world is happening here.')

Maybe gargantia will have *plot* again soon? I like the premise and all, but I can't juggle all this same-axis character development. I get it, really.

Yeah I heard when it comes to the manga, the art style is kind of an "acquired taste" so to speak. It seems really bad weird at first, but over time you kinda get used to it and it's not so bad anymore. I'm guessing the content makes it so that you can forgive the art at least.

Hell yeah it is. I just got to the newest chapter tonight, and I'm depressed. I have to wait for months to find out more of the plot.

I just recently finished watching Madoka Magica, probably one of the best animes I've ever seen. Really, I'm amazed that it managed to subvert all tropes regarding its genre and turn up into something brilliant, not to mention that it sure is heartbreaking sometimes. I'll be waiting for the sequel and read the mangas in meantime :3

I'll start watching Shingeki no Kyojin soon.

Madoka is pretty solid.
Other things from the same writer, all of which are recommendable: black lagoon, fate/zero, psycho pass, and currently airing, suisei no gargantia.

Being a character in urobuchi's stories is suffering.