What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Attack on Titan.

Other than that I'm thinking to give Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse a rewatch.

Might follow that Gaia challenge, and actually try to watch Oreimo (SP?) (My Little Sister Can't Be That Cute), but that's still well within a genre I'm no fan of.

...Also I have to hunt down Ef and Clannad to prove that I'm made of iron.

Edited by Airship Canon

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the first season of Gundam 00. It was really good and pretty much what I was looking for. Now gonna check out what Hika meant by "S2 is good for different reasons" lol.

From the current fall list 2013 where the hell is SnO 3 I'm looking forward to:

Kuroko no Basket S2

Valvrave S2

Will probably watch:

Magi S2 (really hope A-1 doesn't screw this up anymore than they already have)

Kill la Kill (#hype)

Log Horizon (can't be worse than SAO...right?)

Things that look somewhat interesting:

Golden Time

Infinite Stratos (I haven't seen the first season though)

White Album 2 (Haven't seen the first season or read the VN)

...Also I have to hunt down Ef and Clannad to prove that I'm made of iron.

Those are the only two anime to have ever made me actually cry, despite knowing how sad they were. Little Busters is the only VN to have ever done that.

Cowboy Bebop, now. It's alright. I don't really understand why it is so well-received.

It gets better as the series progresses imo. Spike is a G too.

All caught up in Rosario Vampire II. Need a new manga to start. Anyone have a good recommendation?

Yeah, I'm watching that swimming anime too. (Free, I think its called???)

@Helios: Dunno what your preferences are, but I'd recommend magico, Hana to Akuma, and Immortal Rain; they're recent mangas I read that I really enjoyed!

Those are the only two anime to have ever made me actually cry, despite knowing how sad they were. Little Busters is the only VN to have ever done that.

...Only anime to ever actually make me cry for some weird reason has been the Tales of Symphonia OVA. I still don't know why. I'm usually made of iron, and I knew how things would turn out. And it's not like "it so beautiful" tears or anything, no, I teared up at the "even if we could extend our time together" line from Colette. >_<;;

(I can get a hold Ef and really want to watch it, but I can't ever remember which is the first (Melodies or Memories))

..And I decided against watching Muv Luv Total Eclipse again in favor of rewatching another anime that I haven't seen in while, but won't ever forget because it's awesome: Scrapped Princess.

(Kinda funny that I decide on watching that of all things after getting in yet another "I don't think 'MU's ending' in FE:A is the right course of action" argument. Hmm... I wouldn't think killing Pacifica is the right course of action.)

(Zephiris FTW.)

Edited by Airship Canon

...Only anime to ever actually make me cry for some weird reason has been the Tales of Symphonia OVA. I still don't know why. I'm usually made of iron, and I knew how things would turn out. And it's not like "it so beautiful" tears or anything, no, I teared up at the "even if we could extend our time together" line from Colette. >_<;;

(I can get a hold Ef and really want to watch it, but I can't ever remember which is the first (Melodies or Memories))

..And I decided against watching Muv Luv Total Eclipse again in favor of rewatching another anime that I haven't seen in while, but won't ever forget because it's awesome: Scrapped Princess.

(Kinda funny that I decide on watching that of all things after getting in yet another "I don't think 'MU's ending' in FE:A is the right course of action" argument. Hmm... I wouldn't think killing Pacifica is the right course of action.)

(Zephiris FTW.)

I have so many mixed feelings about Scrapped Princess. Great, awesome anime, but some of the characters just don't resonate with me (especially Ciz). I will say though that Shannan is the best and the coolest character! I had a small crush on him when I was younger.... :3

That ending though, I didn't really see coming....but yeah, sacrifice endings to me are never the best options.

I have so many mixed feelings about Scrapped Princess. Great, awesome anime, but some of the characters just don't resonate with me (especially Ciz). I will say though that Shannan is the best and the coolest character! I had a small crush on him when I was younger.... :3

That ending though, I didn't really see coming....but yeah, sacrifice endings to me are never the best options.

(While I'm probably wrong about Zephiris's spelling myself, I do have to point out that "Ciz" is spelled "Cz" (Practically everyone in Scrapped Princess are named after guns, gun accessories or gun manufactures. (Heh, Winna Chester. Winchester. Leopold Scorpes (Leopold Scopes) Christopher Armalite ) But... eh, Cz... she came off as obviously evil. Zephy up that point hadn't really done anything to warrant any distrust- and it's obvious she's quite knowledgeable about everything... hell all she's done is save everyone from Galil- so when Zephy was like "kill that girl" it was a dead give away that Cz was no good. (Of course killing Cz on Zephy's word alone would've gone so against the theme it'd have been stupid. Scrapped Princess is all about taking that chance: faith in uncertainty. Sure you can kill the threat now, and perhaps save future grief, but what are you throwing away by that? Is it worth it? It really goes lengths to say, no- you can't say it is.)

...(Yes, obvious favoritism towards Zephy. Love her to bits, even if she's actually a giant robot. (Also I ship her with Shannon pretty hard (even though she's a giant robot, and he's her pilot... or perhaps because of that).))

I suppose though, it is that theme why I love this anime so much... I mean I'm always one who looks at the "Solomonic Choice" and throws out the "Sacrifice 1 now" option, because are you absolutely certain others will die later?

I'm not really a fan of shoujo tbh. I've been thinking of reading Monster, since I've heard good things about it.

I actually just finished reading Monster. It isn't really my genre of preference since I prefer sci-fi/fantasy settings more, but it's still pretty great. There weren't any parts to it I would call bad, but there weren't that many parts that really got my blood pumping and made me go "Wow, this is awesome!" I recently caught up on Dorohedoro, and that was more entertaining for someone of my tastes than Monster, but like I said, Monster was still pretty good.

That sounds like Pluto then (which would make sense since they're made by the same author). With Pluto, I never felt like there were any parts that really blew me away, but there was also nothing wrong with it either. In the end it was definitely enjoyable.

Watamote is amazing and if you aren't watching it, you should be.

I was just about to say that it's getting more difficult for me to watch because, tbh, I can't really relate to Tomoko. First episode was funny, but lately it has been less funny and more...uhh I just feel bad for her now.

I was just about to say that it's getting more difficult for me to watch because, tbh, I can't really relate to Tomoko. First episode was funny, but lately it has been less funny and more...uhh I just feel bad for her now.

I'll admit I felt a little bad while laughing.

I kept laughing, though.

I'll admit I felt a little bad while laughing.

I kept laughing, though.

I'm not gonna lie I died laughing when she started throwing up after looking at herself in the mirror for like 10 seconds, and at the end of the first episode when she met her little brother and his friends at the McDonald's.

I just feel bad for her now.

It only gets worse in that aspect if it keeps following the manga (haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I doubt they'll change anything). At the same time though, Tomoko is kind of a bitch, so there are times where you'll feel bad for her and others where you'll go "Wow, no wonder you don't have friends."

To expand, there are a lot of things I appreciate about it (Watamote):

1. The OP. Oh my God, within the first two seconds I knew that OP was amazing. The music and animation are just so clever and perfect for this show.

2. Unlike some other occasionally compared character, she's a game nerd without being pure otaku bait; she plays otome games (not male-targeted eroge), is socially inept, and while she's not ugly (except when she makes that hilarious duck face), she really looks like the kind of gloomy person that wouldn't get much attention.

3. Where most characters in anime would actually do something to piss someone else off when they don't deserve it like a moron, she just thinks nasty thoughts and walks on. It might sound weird to call this a good thing, but it's because the show does a good job at illustrating what goes on in this kind of character's head without making her look like a complete fool despite the fact we know she's usually mad for no reason. And that still sounds weird even to me, but hopefully the basic idea came through.

I do hope she starts to show signs of improvement, of course, but for now, she's a really well-done character and the show benefits for it. It's also nice that someone was able to make a good school comedy without relying on clubs and/or groups of girls...

It only gets worse in that aspect if it keeps following the manga (haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I doubt they'll change anything). At the same time though, Tomoko is kind of a bitch, so there are times where you'll feel bad for her and others where you'll go "Wow, no wonder you don't have friends."

I kinda started to see this in the last episode. She came off as a bad older sister and she acts hilariously judgmental despite being jealous of the people she's judging. I mean she's not a horrible person or anything but it's obvious why she's in the place she is.

To expand, there are a lot of things I appreciate about it (Watamote):

1. The OP. Oh my God, within the first two seconds I knew that OP was amazing. The music and animation are just so clever and perfect for this show.

2. Unlike some other occasionally compared character, she's a game nerd without being pure otaku bait; she plays otome games (not male-targeted eroge), is socially inept, and while she's not ugly (except when she makes that hilarious duck face), she really looks like the kind of gloomy person that wouldn't get much attention.

3. Where most characters in anime would actually do something to piss someone else off when they don't deserve it like a moron, she just thinks nasty thoughts and walks on. It might sound weird to call this a good thing, but it's because the show does a good job at illustrating what goes on in this kind of character's head without making her look like a complete fool despite the fact we know she's usually mad for no reason. And that still sounds weird even to me, but hopefully the basic idea came through.

I do hope she starts to show signs of improvement, of course, but for now, she's a really well-done character and the show benefits for it. It's also nice that someone was able to make a good school comedy without relying on clubs and/or groups of girls...

Okay so for some reason whenever the OP starts to play, Media player classic always starts to lag. So you'll hear sound for 5 seconds, and then no sound as the words on the screen try to catch up to where the song is. Any idea why that is?

Idk man, her little brother's friend would have to disagree with you about that "ugly" thing hahaha.

I agree with what you're saying which makes her a somewhat unique character.

Blassreiter, Pandora Hearts, Casserin Sin, Mermaid Forest, etc etc.

I have over 30 animes still in the packaging ._.

Is Casshern Sins actually good? I remember watching a little bit of it on Toonami and it looked really really slow and boring. But everyone online claims it's a masterpiece. Why am I not seeing it?