What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Of course not, and I never suggested it should be. I'm just saying that TvTropes quotes or links do not suddenly lend great credence to what people say. I was directing it less at that statement from RFoF, and more in general, as I have seen many people simply link to a TV Trope, as if that somehow made them automatically right about something.

No disagreement here.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished Kyou Kara Maou and I was thoroughly impressed with it. Never before have I watched an anime and felt content after it ended. I usually feel like I want more or that the ending was bad, but neither happened this time. I was satisfied.

Bible: book of lies made to brainwash the masses

TVTropes has alot of valid material, and it's a good resource, just not something I want pulled out everytime plot/character etcetc comes up.

I just finished Kyou Kara Maou and I was thoroughly impressed with it. Never before have I watched an anime and felt content after it ended. I usually feel like I want more or that the ending was bad' date=' but neither happened this time. I was satisfied.[/quote']

I enjoyed KKM as well, and agree on the ending being satisfactory, another example of bad ending is when you want the pain to end. 50 fillers until the next relevant advancement in plot is not cool >_> Personally I feel 50 Episodes is a great number to finish for good anime. Alot of people avoid KKM due to it's hint on BL relationships, YuurixWolfram XD which I thinks a shame.

Currently watching

Kurokami: Episode 12 I don't know, plot's kinda boring, and characters are meh.

Kuroshitsuji: Episode 1 Seems promising, not sure yet.

Shikabane Hime: Episode 10 Advancing nicely, solid anime so far

Looks like I'm on the same boat, although I'm not a big fan of anime I loved Samurai Champloo because it was pretty badass. Although I did find it very funny that two ruthless killing samurais that wanted to have a deathmatch with each other decide to help that girl together over a coin flip.

Totally true. Love Mugen and Jin. Fuu was annoying, but how awesome would it be if she was a completely hardcore samuari as well, but didn't tell the guys.

I just finished Kyou Kara Maou and I was thoroughly impressed with it. Never before have I watched an anime and felt content after it ended. I usually feel like I want more or that the ending was bad, but neither happened this time. I was satisfied.

I've seen season 1 and 2. I think there is a 3rd, but I haven't seen it yet. I really like it and yes people do avoid it because of the hint of BL (which, personally, I don't mind), but it apparently makes people uncomfortable. What's even better, is that that relationship isn't the main story, it's just a sidestory that people focus on :(.

Love KKM

Totally true. Love Mugen and Jin. Fuu was annoying, but how awesome would it be if she was a completely hardcore samuari as well, but didn't tell the guys.

Honestly I could kinda picture that, she did have that knife which could make her a potential assassin.

And I liked Mugen better than Jin. Jin was too polite and was kind-of one of those stereotypical samurais. Whereas Mugen was way more unique, had his own way of doing things, and wasn't one of those stereotypical samurais yet he was still a beast with a sword.

I love his wild style with the sword. It was very interesting to watch, makes me wonder if it's actually possible...

The metal geta (shoe) was an interesting idea too.

Jin was very typical samuari, well trained, polite, just as you said. Very interesting. Upheld honor, yep yep.

Yeah she had a tanto (knife)...would have been cool.

Oh yeah, Amelia, I love Pandora Hearts. Just finished the 14th episode and the brilliance of the series just becomes more apparent as it goes along. The many references to Alice and Wonderland seem to get more clever as they go along, even if some of them made me facepalm for not seeing them coming. But the thing I love the most about the series is it's highly emotional soundtrack.

Yeah, I agreed. My fellow Pandora.

I love his wild style with the sword. It was very interesting to watch, makes me wonder if it's actually possible...

The metal geta (shoe) was an interesting idea too.

Yeah he used it for both offense and defense which was interesting, now that you mentioned that he would also fight using breakdancing-esque moves and not even use his sword at all and still kick ass.

Jin was very typical samuari, well trained, polite, just as you said. Very interesting. Upheld honor, yep yep.

Although there was one thing that made him somewhat different that makes him not as honorable:

He kills his master, although "honorable" samurais seem to do that crap

Darker Than Black.

[/quote

this topic's all over the place! OMG! Well I'm not a Republican or a Democrat...but anyway....

watch Code Geas! Leluge is sexy...also watch the murder mystery anime called Monster!

Darker Than Black.

[/quote

this topic's all over the place! OMG! Well I'm not a Republican or a Democrat...but anyway....

watch Code Geas! Leluge is sexy...also watch the murder mystery anime called Monster!

Yeah, I am currently watching Code Geass season 2. It's on hiatus because I've been occupied with Persona 3 though. D:

I enjoyed KKM as well, and agree on the ending being satisfactory, another example of bad ending is when you want the pain to end. 50 fillers until the next relevant advancement in plot is not cool >_> Personally I feel 50 Episodes is a great number to finish for good anime. Alot of people avoid KKM due to it's hint on BL relationships, YuurixWolfram XD which I thinks a shame.

The boys love parts are awesome. It's adorable and funny.

I've seen season 1 and 2. I think there is a 3rd, but I haven't seen it yet. I really like it and yes people do avoid it because of the hint of BL (which, personally, I don't mind), but it apparently makes people uncomfortable. What's even better, is that that relationship isn't the main story, it's just a sidestory that people focus on :(.

Love KKM

I suggest watching season three. Saralegui and Janus make it very awesome. Saralegui is voiced by Ishida Akira, so that's automatic SS++ Upper God Tier in terms of awesomeness and you know he'll cause plenty of plot twists.

Yeah he used it for both offense and defense which was interesting, now that you mentioned that he would also fight using breakdancing-esque moves and not even use his sword at all and still kick ass.

Although there was one thing that made him somewhat different that makes him not as honorable:

He kills his master, although "honorable" samurais seem to do that crap

yeah, his breakdancing style is very fun...he even has that hidden tanto too, which is even better.

Yeah, that wasn't honorable, but I think there is a backstory there...need to go figure it out again.

The boys love parts are awesome. It's adorable and funny.

I suggest watching season three. Saralegui and Janus make it very awesome. Saralegui is voiced by Ishida Akira, so that's automatic SS++ Upper God Tier in terms of awesomeness and you know he'll cause plenty of plot twists.

Ack, I need to figure out how to do the multiple quotes in one reply.

Ishida Akira, why does that name sound familiar. Yeah, I've been meaning to get back to season three, got side tracked -_-

Press "Multiquote" on all the posts you want to quote and then press the general post button at the top/bottom of the thread

what is TvTropes?! Is it like 4Kids?

no

yeah, his breakdancing style is very fun...he even has that hidden tanto too, which is even better.

Yeah, that wasn't honorable, but I think there is a backstory there...need to go figure it out again.

I remember in one of the fights he pulled his tanto out, I have to admit I was somewhat surprised

Aaaand...

I think it's because his goal was to surpass his master, even if it meant killing him

really, don't remember that. All I remember is the way he killed the dude, very interesting and calculative.

Yeah he pulls out the tanto right when he's about to die and throws it at the guy which ended up saving him (Although it missed)