What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

+1 for love lab. Ken'iro Mosaic tops it for cuteness though.

Waiting for Shingeki no Kyojin to hurry up with the obvious reveal.

Out of all my anime friends only one person correctly predicted who the female titan was. One. I decided I needed some new friends.

Limping painfully through Day Break Illusion as well.

I don't know why you'd expect anything different from an obvious Madoka clone.

RFoF does Gatchaman get better after ep 1 or is it like that throughout?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've been looking for some old 90's anime to watch for animation nostalgia, and I came across Fushigi Yuugi. Premise sounds ok and a little interesting; it was always that show growing up that I heard people toss the name around but never actually knew anything about. Basically, is it worth the watch???

I'm trying to find something to watch in between waiting for Attack on Titan and Danganronpa episodes...

So, I've been looking for some old 90's anime to watch for animation nostalgia, and I came across Fushigi Yuugi. Premise sounds ok and a little interesting; it was always that show growing up that I heard people toss the name around but never actually knew anything about. Basically, is it worth the watch???

I'm trying to find something to watch in between waiting for Attack on Titan and Danganronpa episodes...

From what I remember of Fushigi Yuugi [i watched it years ago]. It's really good, so I'd go for it if I was you.

Out of all my anime friends only one person correctly predicted who the female titan was. One. I decided I needed some new friends.

I still don't know who the female titan is, nor to I care to waste a bunch of time theorycrafting to figure it out. It's more enjoyable to just roll with things and go with your gut or hunches than to hunt for clues. Sometimes being surprised is a better feeling than being validated.

I don't know why you'd expect anything different from an obvious Madoka clone.

Mostly just killing time with it. Sometimes it's good to see how some shows do certain aspects wrong to better differentiate how others do it right.

In the meanwhile, started watching Watamote; outside of a couple of the jokes being a tad too close to offensive for my tastes, it's been fun so far. I've only gotten to episode 2, so there's still much I've yet to watch.

I also marathoned Neon Genesis Evangelion, along with End of Evangelion and a couple of the Rebuild movies since they were on tv. I can't help but feel that End of Evangelion was going for too much shock value. The original show is pretty decent for the first eighteen episodes or so before it ends up getting sloppy near the end. Rebuild has been the most enjoyable thus far, but I've yet to see 3.0.

Edited by Duels at Dawn

I still don't know who the female titan is, nor to I care to waste a bunch of time theorycrafting to figure it out. It's more enjoyable to just roll with things and go with your gut or hunches than to hunt for clues. Sometimes being surprised is a better feeling than being validated.

I was obviously joking when I said I needed new friends, but I'm really surprised because I thought the reveal was super obvious when I first read the manga. It's not Danganronpa levels of intricacy, it should be pretty obvious even for gut calls not 1 in ~10 people.

Dunno if I mentioned this yet but Gin no Saji (silver spoon) is officially my favourite of the season. It hardly exciting and it's not eye-watering with hilarity but I come off in a good mood after watching every episode and it usually leaves me feeling good for the rest of the night.

I'm rewatching FMA: Brotherhood, or at least attempting to, via Netflix. Problem is, I'm no longer getting any sound whenever I try to watch an episode, which also occurs every damn time I try to start Fairy Tail.

I was obviously joking when I said I needed new friends, but I'm really surprised because I thought the reveal was super obvious when I first read the manga. It's not Danganronpa levels of intricacy, it should be pretty obvious even for gut calls not 1 in ~10 people.

I suppose that's more than fair. I mean, I have a current strong gut call, but I by no means know it is for certain.

In unrelated news, Dog and Scissors continues to amuse.

Two, actually: 1.) Pokemon series, as I admittedly have only watched them in my childhood, and I only have vague memories of it, such as a log cabin in the middle of the Veridian Forest, and Erica saying "This outta be easy!". Team Rocket is funnier than I remember, and this is rare for me to be so amused.

2.) Saiyuki, having read Reload, my sister brought over her collection and told me to watch it all.

I plan on getting back into Gundam 0080 once I finish the aforementioned anime, as well as begin Dragonball, once I get the last volume of the manga in from Amazon.

GOD!! Neptunia's anime adaptation is so great!! i'm finally found my dream anime that was lost for 3-4 years ^_^

oh, and also gundam unicorn, it's super long, but worth it ~.~ also Kimi no iru machi,baka test season 2, nichyoubi, watamote

not sure on fate zero and madoka... but i'm planning to

I'm only watching Attack on Titan right now (and I still need to finish Saikano hehe)

I wish I had more time to watch a lot of anime, but I prefer to just marathon through it.

I read a lot of manga though (keeping up with Naruto and such).

Caught up in the SnK anime. Armin is a boss. He figured everything out without even reading the manga or getting spoiled! My little brother and I had a hunch who it was, but it's still pretty cool how they revealed everything. It's like the entire episode made a 180 at the end. Hyped up for the next episode. It's too bad there's only 2 left this season :(.

Am I the only person who thinks Love Lab is boring? Even the good episodes are only 'OK.'

I really like the opening and ending theme songs, though.

You are definitely the only one.

Serious answer: Probably not, in the same way I'm likely not the only person who finds Silver Spoon totally boring. Even though I often feel like I am.

I love Love Lab personally, but I hate the theme songs.

You are definitely the only one.

Serious answer: Probably not, in the same way I'm likely not the only person who finds Silver Spoon totally boring. Even though I often feel like I am.

I love Love Lab personally, but I hate the theme songs.

I had difficulty staying focused while watching the early episodes (up till about episode six or so), and this is coming from someone who is very easily amused. The humor isn't great imo...I think the funniest bit for me was the blackface thing in episode eight. The recent episodes are a bit more engaging, though.

I had difficulty staying focused while watching the early episodes (up till about episode six or so), and this is coming from someone who is very easily amused. The humor isn't great imo...I think the funniest bit for me was the blackface thing in episode eight. The recent episodes are a bit more engaging, though.

That's not blackface, it's ganguro. It's a fashion trend in Japan.

That's not blackface, it's ganguro. It's a fashion trend in Japan.

Since you insist on being pedantic, it can't be considered ganguro since Maki, Suzu, Eno, and the soul singer in Maki's mind's eye all have dark/undyed hair, in contrast to the bright/bleached colors in actual ganguro.

Edited by Nessie