What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Mobile Fighter G Gundam, oh my goodness.

Italy's fighter is a mobster, Holland's gundam is a giant windmill, and Mexico's 'Tequila' gundam has a sombrero and a moustache.

Luke fon Fabre George de Sand is really the only reason I am watching this.. thing, along with the fact that I swore I would watch every Gundam series, OAV and movie no matter how horrible it gets.

Zeta's still my favourite, and Hyaku Shiki is still my favourite mobile suit hitherto.

Edited by Maji

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally had time yesterday to give Shakugan no Shana a try, and I did not expect to like it as much as I did; so much so that I spent nearly half the day marathoning the entirety of Season 1. Some of the biggest things I like about it is that for once the majority of the fighters are strong badass women, and for once the girl is given the dominant action role between the main leads and she gets to save the guy at those critical moments, which would usually happen vice-versa in most other action shows. It's been a rather refreshing experience in that respect. Not to mention that most of the animation and music is downright awesome and beautiful!

Right now I'm about half way through Season 2; while not as good as the first season (one too many fillers) its still fun and engaging to watch, and while this show has flaws and is in no way perfect (like, is Kazumi really as necessary to the plot as all of her screen time seems to suggest? Because I'm not convinced...), I've still been having too much fun with it to really care. And for all the tsundere tropes that Shana has apparently magnified, I find her really tame in that department; honestly, about the only times I actually remember that she's supposed to be one is whenever she has trouble expressing her feelings correctly and whenever she does that "URUSAI!" x 3 catch phrase (and I can count on one, maybe two hands the number of times she's done that)...

Will return to post my thoughts on the apparently 'infamous'(?) and 'controversial'(?) Season 3 that I've been hearing questionable things about when I finish it; I'll go in with an open mind, but I've heard the base-breaking force is strong with this one... >_>

So I finally had time yesterday to give Shakugan no Shana a try, and I did not expect to like it as much as I did; so much so that I spent nearly half the day marathoning the entirety of Season 1. Some of the biggest things I like about it is that for once the majority of the fighters are strong badass women, and for once the girl is given the dominant action role between the main leads and she gets to save the guy at those critical moments, which would usually happen vice-versa in most other action shows. It's been a rather refreshing experience in that respect. Not to mention that most of the animation and music is downright awesome and beautiful!

Right now I'm about half way through Season 2; while not as good as the first season (one too many fillers) its still fun and engaging to watch, and while this show has flaws and is in no way perfect (like, is Kazumi really as necessary to the plot as all of her screen time seems to suggest? Because I'm not convinced...), I've still been having too much fun with it to really care. And for all the tsundere tropes that Shana has apparently magnified, I find her really tame in that department; honestly, about the only times I actually remember that she's supposed to be one is whenever she has trouble expressing her feelings correctly and whenever she does that "URUSAI!" x 3 catch phrase (and I can count on one, maybe two hands the number of times she's done that)...

Will return to post my thoughts on the apparently 'infamous'(?) and 'controversial'(?) Season 3 that I've been hearing questionable things about when I finish it; I'll go in with an open mind, but I've heard the base-breaking force is strong with this one... >_>

You just watched around a whole season + the start of another in 1 day and you were shocked when I finished Steins;Gate in 2?

You just watched around a whole season + the start of another in 1 day and you were shocked when I finished Steins;Gate in 2?

.....I was bedridden, stuffed with painkillers, bored out of my mind, and had lots of time to kill. And when it comes to watching anime in general, I tend to marathon chunks of it all at once. I never expected you to take that much time out of your schedule to finish it that quickly. Then again, Steins;Gate is absolutely fantastic and when it hooks you....oh boy, does it hook you.....XD

Nothing atm as I'm in Japan (that seems illogical), but I've watched Accel World in a single day last week. While it was more enjoyable than SAO, the second half was a letdown aswell.

Unlike most peole I actually liked the MC, Haru, because of his low self-esteem without being whiny all the time. He's not dark, edgy and perfect, but not a total failure aswell.

I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. Best part was the ending by far. (not sarcastic)

I don't expect anyone to call the ending bad - it's just a bit confusing and it was striking how they were running out of budget. Still a great series with a great ending.

.....I was bedridden, stuffed with painkillers, bored out of my mind, and had lots of time to kill. And when it comes to watching anime in general, I tend to marathon chunks of it all at once. I never expected you to take that much time out of your schedule to finish it that quickly. Then again, Steins;Gate is absolutely fantastic and when it hooks you....oh boy, does it hook you.....XD

Hope you recover soon :( And I binge-watch anime all the time. Which is one of the many reasons why I don't watch a lot of them(since I know I'll only be able to think about watching more episodes as long as I haven't finished it). Case in point, I spend 12 hours of classes on Monday with 7:30 hours of class and I still watched like 11 episodes that day (guess what I did during my breaks XD)

More on topic, I have a pretty big list of anime that I wish to watch(mainly due to two of my friends watching tons of anime and recommending them to me), but the one that is definitely at the top of my list is Clannad(because everyone's talking about it and its supposedly more tear jerking than Angel Beats)

Just finished Cowboy Bebop yesterday. Goddamn, what a ride. One thing's for sure that I'm going to cherish it for the weeks to come. =)

Now, I should perhaps watch Eureka Seven as well. I hear it's quite good from the impressions I've heard.

I'm currently watching Tenshi na Konamaiki. So many awesome voices actors in there, and it's really amusing humor for me. I can't believe I put it off for this long.

Also Silver, I'm glad you ended up liking Shana.

Wow are you a reviewer or something?

Halfway through AoT, although I think I'm going to stop there. I've enjoyed it so far but I don't really have high hopes for the rest of it.

It slows down in the middle, but if I recall correctly, it gets much more exciting later on. Your call if you want to continue it, I guess.

Halfway through AoT, although I think I'm going to stop there. I've enjoyed it so far but I don't really have high hopes for the rest of it.

Keep going. It's worth it. It's got a really nice arc later on, and considering where the manga's going, I don't see it slowing down.

i've been trying to finish Cowboy Bebop and rewatch Code Geass for about half a year by now. i've just been struggling with sitting down and watching something through, which is why i keep up with YT videos on my phone rather than computer; much less to distract me.

It slows down in the middle, but if I recall correctly, it gets much more exciting later on. Your call if you want to continue it, I guess.

I'll probably put it on hold for a while then. I have amazing things to watch like Cutie Honey and Goldfish Warning!

Finished watching Welcome to the NHK yesterday, great show, first slice of life anime that I actually finished, hooray. It was depressive and hilarious at the same time, which is interesting.

I'm still deciding what to watch next. Probably Jormungand/Psycho-Pass/Guilty Crown, one of the three.

Finished watching Welcome to the NHK yesterday, great show, first slice of life anime that I actually finished, hooray. It was depressive and hilarious at the same time, which is interesting.

I'm still deciding what to watch next. Probably Jormungand/Psycho-Pass/Guilty Crown, one of the three.

Stay away from Guilty Crown ><

Currently watching:

Ongoings:

- Kill la Kill

- Buddy Complex

- Golden Time

- Strike the Blood

- Tokyo Ravens

- Nobunaga: The Fool

- Chuunibiyou demo koi ga shitta ren

Offline:

- Rewatching the whole Gundam UC timeline, currently at 0083: Stardust Memories can't wait to start Zeta and Double Zeta

I hate anime original characters ;_; But it was to be expected - the Noragamimanga is way better.

^This. Then again, I don't really know about the other two anime mentioned...

No idea about Psycho-Pass, at least Jormungand was okay. Decent, not great though.

So, I decided to watch Umineko because a friend of mine said it was good.

~A thousand BEATORICHES later~

OK I'M NOT DOING THIS. Also, what's with the Guilty Crown hate? Is it really that bad? >_>