the art looks terrible

AznADD92

I dislike the art in all areas, as it just doesn't look like the usual Fire Emblem that I've come to known. None of the characters look like they have emotion or any other facial expression besides "depressed". Battles look half done and the sprites don't look quite as polished as the other GBA games. I do hope they improve.

Ah yes, everyone is supposed to look happy and cheerful after losing their homeland and while fighting in a war.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention, nobody liked AW: DoR's graphics from the initial screens, but then it looked a lot better in the final product. <_<

Just be patient, these are only the very first screens we've seen.

I personally like the new style, at any rate - three games in a row exactly the same gets a bit boring. It was time for a change.

That "crappy" black border doesn't make the sprites look crappy.

The outline is a little bit too think, IMO, but it is still pretty good. One thing I'm not liking, though, is how the portraits of the characters are rendered. I prefer 2D illustrations.. not halfassed 3D renders.

I liked the crazy unrealistic battle animations of the GBA games. I'd be happy if they used them, but made improvements on them, in some way. But maybe they will look better once I see the battles in motion, instead of just static pictures. I hope. They need to get rid of that black outline though.

The GBA bandits were huge, muscles everywhere. Now they just look average. More realistic, I guess.

• 5 months later...