Favorite Video Game Music

Fayt Zelpher

Lets see. Since I didn't post a video-link yesterday, I guess that means I owe the people of SF two today. Today's picks are somewhat contrasting. The first is an upbeat track that plays in the middle of an important storyline dungeon when you travel back to the past to defeat the Rogue. The second track is an almost eerily calm and serene track that plays when you are trying to save the world parallel to your own from being consumed by your power-mad rival character.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly my favorite Zelda song, though there's another contestant, Gerudo Valley

But my true favorites are all themes from Jade Cocoon, like this beautiful one:

Honorable mention to the Chapter 12 Theme from Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 4

Anything from Akira Yamaokoa, Michiko Naruke, or Masato Kouda. Also, Nobuo Uematsu does some great tracks, but I don't like him nearly as much as the first 3 mentioned.

Motoi Sakuraba, as far as I am concerned, is the best.

A few random songs from Metroid Zero and Golden Sun.

Metroid Zero - Kraid (Not the boss)

Metroid Zerp - Norfair

Golden Sun - Isaac's battle theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMc40qxJK4

Golden Sun - Venus Lighthouse

Golden Sun - Lemuria

Golden Sun - Cavernous Shadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo0J5Qvi6qc&feature=related

There is a disturbing lack of Kingdom Hearts music in this topic. There are quite a few songs that I love from that series, and I'll also list a couple from Zelda and Final Fantasy.

KH - Most of these are from KH: Birth by Sleep, mostly because I like those arrangements the best.

This is Terra's theme. It may very well be my favorite KH song, though I also love the segment of Terra's theme in Fate of the Unknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCUMIDXEC8A

This is Ven's theme, which is an arrangement of Roxas' theme (0:18). It is so sad, but it's also very inspirational. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cTJGEXiwRU&feature=related

Another Side, Another Story - The beginning of the song is the Organization XIII's theme, and the end is usually called Deep Dive.

- arguably the most famous song from KH. It has been the title song in every game so far, and it is also used as the bass part for several songs. This is the BbS version.

Destati/Dive into the Heart - This vesion is from KH1, though a version of it appears in just about every game. It's the music during the Destati/Awakening/dream sequence. As a heads up, it starts really loud and then gets really quiet.

Xion's Theme - Probably the saddest song I've ever heard. This is from KH: 358/2 Days, arguably the most depressing game I've ever played (in a good way).

FF - Solely from FF4, since I've only played 3 and 4

Theme of Love - The best FF song I've heard, hands down. This version (the DS one) is so touching.

Opening

Main Theme

Zelda

Spirit Tracks Overworld - I just got ST, and I love this song

Journey - From WW. If only it was longer...

There's more, but I'm sick of linking to videos.

This thread is suffering from a disturbing lack of Star Ocean at the moment. I can provide the theme music to the final boss of the third game in the series.

Enjoy all 10 minutes of it. :)

Edited by Cocytus

Super Mario galaxy has some of the best music i have ever heard.

And Majoras Mask stone tower temple and Astral observatory.

Also, Chapter 2 (the one where you get princess whatshername) FE4.

Agreed on the first two. Never played FF2/4, so I can't say for sure. Here's my opinion on the best music from SMG:

Too bad it was only used in one galaxy. :(

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Since there's a disturbing lack of Star Ocean music...

Even with your music and my two, we're still missing some SO tracks. Here's another good one.

This just screams 'crowning music of awesomeness', wouldn't you agree?

I'll go ahead and

It might be the best non-battle theme in SO2. Edited by Randomly Predictable

My username is my answer. :P

Eternal Bond aka Ike's Theme. I get ecstatic at times when I talk about that one cause it's SO FREAKING EPIC. <3

And it isn't cause I adore Ike either. In fact, I was obsessed with this song before I knew anything about Ike other than his existence in video games. xP

Fire Emblem has the best music I've ever heard though, so my favorite tunes come out of there. The FE Theme, Victory is Near, Life Returns, and some tunes I don't remember the names of from the GBA games. All so awesome.

Super Mario galaxy has some of the best music i have ever heard.

And Majoras Mask stone tower temple and Astral observatory.

Also, Chapter 2 (the one where you get princess whatshername) FE4.

Agreed on the first two. Never played FF2/4, so I can't say for sure. Here's my opinion on the best music from SMG:

Too bad it was only used in one galaxy. :(

Spot on.

Alsp heres that FE4 track.

while looking for that i found an interesting remix

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related