Dragon Age Origins

Candlejack

I won't bother with a poll since most everybody here has the game.

RIGHT? RIGHT?

WHAT. YOU DON'T? GO OUT THERE AND GET IT YOU FAGGOT.

One part about this game I particularly enjoy is how it doesn't force you to play with certain party members 90% of the game for measly achievement points.

I am a Human Noble Rogue named Antech with Dual-Wielding specialization, as well as an Assassin/Duelist.

My favorites are Sten, Oghren, and Dog. WHATS ABOUTS YOU?

Dragon Age is a really cool game, I've beaten it almost 3 times just to see some of the different options you can take.

I thought all the companions were really well designed(really funny banters). I'm a big Alistair fan myself.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I am on my first playthrough. I'm a female dwarven rogue. I dunno why but a dwarven rogue seems really funny to me. (ok, I do know why).

My favorite characters are Alistair, Morrigan, Sten, Zevran, Dog and Wynne. So, everyone who has joined me besides the church girl, who is probably the one I will romance (unless I can romance multiple people?).

I think the game is kinda hard sometimes. I'm only on normal and when I was running through the Fade, normal encounters with mages (who gave only 13 EXP) killed me several times. There's a little too much disable spamming when you have three or four enemies who can do it to only one of you. Meanwhile I haven't died to any yellow or red lettered creatures.

When I compare that with Mass Effect, where the only challenging parts of the game even on insane (with a fresh shepherd) are admiral ahern's simulation, geth primes, matriarch benezia and krogan battlemasters, I'm surprised the two games were made by the same people.

EDIT: OK, the lunar base was kinda tough my first time through, but once you get used to dodging rockets it's not too hard.

Edited by SeverIan

Dragon Age is one of my favorite games. I am currently on my 3rd play through.

My favorite characters are Sten, Morrigan, Dog, and Oghren.

I liked the dialogue options they give you while in a conversations, also the armor was cool.

My characters are Human noble warrior and Dwarf noble warrior.

Edited by DAGRON

Dwarf is actually the best setup for rogues since their DPS gets insanely high thanks to rather large STR and DEX bonuses.

On my second playthrough as female human mage. Trying to get Blood Mage specialization is a hassle, but from what I hear, worth it. Arcane Warrior FTW.

Dwarf is actually the best setup for rogues since their DPS gets insanely high thanks to rather large STR and DEX bonuses.

On my second playthrough as female human mage. Trying to get Blood Mage specialization is a hassle, but from what I hear, worth it. Arcane Warrior FTW.

Really? I thought Dwarfs make the best tank warriors due to having the most constitution

I'm not sure if this is accurate but here

Edited by DAGRON

Furetchen - City Elf Rogue, speccing in Archery -- Bard/Ranger.

I'm pursuing a romance with Zevran, my favourite character ;)

I also like Alistair, Morrigan, Oghren and the Dog, but all characters are good.

Since rogues have a skill that replaces str with cunning as the damage modifier, isn't it better to get that and have high cunning? Ah well...

Blasied - Human Noble Rogue, dual weapon specs. Duelist/Ranger

OMG this guy is an epic dodgetank. He is lvl 16 with over 50 dex and the evasion ability from the rogue line.

Current party - Alistair, Sten and Leliana.

WOW I actually enjoyed some of the Mage's Tower. Excluding the Fade and even THEN the party member dreams always range from lol to awesome. Except Dog's.

Also, is anyone else interested in purchasing Dragon Age Awakening in March?

I don't know. Bioware seems to have a Hit/Miss factor to DLC.

It looks like its own full-fledged add on, akin to Shivering Isles in Elder Scrolls 4. Six party members to choose from (So far), five of them new plus Oghren, and just more shit to do in general.

I'll probably get Awakening. Even if it only has 15 hours of content (this might be an underestimation on Bioware's part anyway), I'll probably play through it 3 times, assuming it isn't a lol expansion (like that Storm of Zehir OC for NWN2), thus making it cost less than a dollar an hour.

Has Oghren actually been confirmed as the returning companion? He is a logical choice (has to be recruited, cannot die in Origins), but I'm still not sure.

Oh, and I liked the Circle Tower. The Fade portion is pretty cool (Golem SMASH!), and if you bring different companions along you get different content. It's Orzammar that discourages me from doing more runthroughs (really long Carta/Deep Roads segments).

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'll probably get Awakening. Even if it only has 15 hours of content (this might be an underestimation on Bioware's part anyway), I'll probably play through it 3 times, assuming it isn't a lol expansion (like that Storm of Zehir OC for NWN2), thus making it cost less than a dollar an hour.

Has Oghren actually been confirmed as the returning companion? He is a logical choice (has to be recruited, cannot die in Origins), but I'm still not sure.

Oh, and I liked the Circle Tower. The Fade portion is pretty cool (Golem SMASH!), and if you bring different companions along you get different content. It's Orzammar that discourages me from doing more runthroughs (really long Carta/Deep Roads segments).

He is DEFINITELY a recruitable character in Awakening. Just look at the trailers and at the red haired dwarf that somehow looks EXACTLY like Oghren.

Love this game. Graphics aren't as pretty as ME2 and not what I expected after seeing the trailer several months ago but it's still fun. At first, I was kinda let down by the fact that there was no online play. I saw some screen shots (without reading, lol) a while back and it looked like an MMO but on the 360, so I was excited as hell because I can't play uber kool MMOs on my laptop, but I was ok with it later. Especially after all the dialogue options and tons of quests. <3

faves are

Alistair

Wynne

Liliana

Dog

Morrigan

Shale

the Dwarf

Zevran

Sten.