Pairings!

Anacybele

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Ike and Elincia grow so close in FE9 but suddenly break apart for FE10?

Hey, remember my post from a few pages back? :awesome:

It is partly explainable by a simple fact: They grew up.

Ike and Elincia were teenagers in PoR and adults in RD (more or less). Elincia grew close to Ike because she was putting all her trust into him to win back her country. And she ended developing a little crush on him. By RD, she matured and got over her girlish crush and was reacquainted with her childhood friends. And Ike, after having as much as he can take of being a noble, left to be a GM again. I forget how long it's been since they've seen each other by the time they talk again in 2-E (a year I think), but it's obvious they're just friends now. *shrugs* They grew apart and now have their own lives.

You do know it's okay to take the shipper goggles off every now and then, right?

Ike's still in a cliched paring, it's just that the damsel in distress happens to be Soren.

^this

As I said... fangirl bait...

You do know it's okay to take the shipper goggles off every now and then, right?

lol

Indeed... XD

Still, the death quote thing... if you were dying... wouldn't you say the name of the person you love if you were gonna say someone's name?

ゆき...

Though the thought of that just simply scares me >.>

Edited by shadowofchaos

^Good point, shadowofchaos, which is a reason why I believe Elincia was still in love with Ike even in RD. I think Ike more than likely loves her back, he just makes it less obvious, as I've said.

And for the record, I don't believe in Ike/Soren, so anyone talking about that to me is wasting their time.

El Ray: According to Elincia, when Leanne went to see her about speaking with Ike, he had left Melior a year and a half prior to RD. Which is half the time between PoR and RD. And THAT means Ike had plenty of opportunity to develop his relationship with Elincia further if he found ways to. I doubt they just simply grew out of it as quickly as another year and a half.

And I'm not just a fangirl. I've done my homework on the matter, as I've said many times. I did plenty of research and came to the conclusion that Ike/Elincia is the most possible pairing for Ike. I even tried to look for real evidence that may suggest he likes another girl or hell, even Soren or Ranulf, but nothing convincing.

Edited by Eternal Bond

And for the record, I don't believe in Ike/Soren, so anyone talking about that to me is wasting their time.

And I'm not just a fangirl. I've done my homework on the matter, as I've said many times. I did plenty of research and came to the conclusion that Ike/Elincia is the most possible pairing for Ike. I even tried to look for real evidence that may suggest he likes another girl or hell, even Soren or Ranulf, but nothing convincing.

I'd like to think of Ike/Soren as a more platonic relationship based off a very strong trust between the two. Ike and Ranulf are really more buddy buddy to the point that it might just be friendship and people making it out to be more than it is.

Elincia may have had a crush on Ike, but there is nothing to suggest that Ike was interested. Because Ike also ignored other women in the game (Ameii, Marcia, etc.)'s advances, that leads me to believe he didn't care for having any sort of relationship at the time. From the sounds of it, it seems like Ike didn't particularly care for Elincia in RD and only spoke with her when the game's plot deemed it necessary. And that Elincia grew up and started thinking about her role rather than... yeah.

Also, they don't have a paired ending. Two main characters. Who had their fates kind of tied in the previous game, and sort of again in RD. Who people thought might have ended up together somehow. Don't have a paired ending.

They don't have a paired ending.

I'd like to think of Ike/Soren as a more platonic relationship based off a very strong trust between the two. Ike and Ranulf are really more buddy buddy to the point that it might just be friendship and people making it out to be more than it is.

Elincia may have had a crush on Ike, but there is nothing to suggest that Ike was interested. Because Ike also ignored other women in the game (Ameii, Marcia, etc.)'s advances, that leads me to believe he didn't care for having any sort of relationship at the time. From the sounds of it, it seems like Ike didn't particularly care for Elincia in RD and only spoke with her when the game's plot deemed it necessary. And that Elincia grew up and started thinking about her role rather than... yeah.

Also, they don't have a paired ending. Two main characters. Who had their fates kind of tied in the previous game, and sort of again in RD. Who people thought might have ended up together somehow. Don't have a paired ending.

They don't have a paired ending.

It may seem like nothing suggested Ike was interested, but I thought there was. It was just less obvious, like I've stated. And how can you not think Ike cared for Elincia in RD? Of course he damn well did, otherwise he wouldn't have ordered his men to protect her in that chapter where Valtome attempted to attack her while she was unarmed. xP

And the fact that they didn't have a paired ending struck me as odd and suspicious. I instantly thought IS may be planning something else, like a new plot twist in a third game involving Ike and Elincia having some paired ending. I'm crossing my fingers for it too, actually.

It may seem like nothing suggested Ike was interested, but I thought there was. It was just less obvious, like I've stated. And how can you not think Ike cared for Elincia in RD? Of course he damn well did, otherwise he wouldn't have ordered his men to protect her in that chapter where Valtome attempted to attack her while she was unarmed. xP

Because if Ike didn't love her, he would have totally left her to die right?

No, Ike saves people who are in trouble. He's a good person and a hero. Plus, Elincia dying would be bad for Crimea, and Ike doesn't like people who fight dishonorably. There are obviously a lot of reasons Ike doesn't want Elincia to die here, claiming it as evidence for his feelings for her is silly. Ike runs up to save Skrimir too, but I don't think he's in love with him.

And the fact that they didn't have a paired ending struck me as odd and suspicious. I instantly thought IS may be planning something else, like a new plot twist in a third game involving Ike and Elincia having some paired ending. I'm crossing my fingers for it too, actually.

Honey, if they don't have a paired ending that means that they're not a couple OK? I don't think IS is plannign a third game in the Tellius series period, and if they are, ike has left the continent. Hoping for an Ike/Elincia ending is pretty sad by this point.

You kind of remind me of a Harry/Hermione shipper, in the sense that it clearly did not happen canonically. Whether Ike ends up with Soren/Ranulf/neither (or both lol) is more debatable, but Elincia/Geoffrey is clear, no matter how much you don't like it.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Because if Ike didn't love her, he would have totally left her to die right?

No, Ike saves people who are in trouble. He's a good person and a hero. Plus, Elincia dying would be bad for Crimea, and Ike doesn't like people who fight dishonorably. There are obviously a lot of reasons Ike doesn't want Elincia to die here, claiming it as evidence for his feelings for her is silly. Ike runs up to save Skrimir too, but I don't think he's in love with him.

Not what I meant. I wasn't saying Ike had to love her to do that, just care about her.

Honey, if they don't have a paired ending that means that they're not a couple OK? I don't think IS is plannign a third game in the Tellius series period, and if they are, ike has left the continent. Hoping for an Ike/Elincia ending is pretty sad by this point.

You kind of remind me of a Harry/Hermione shipper, in the sense that it clearly did not happen canonically. Whether Ike ends up with Soren/Ranulf/neither (or both lol) is more debatable, but Elincia/Geoffrey is clear, no matter how much you don't like it.

Firstly, don't call me honey.

Second, I do think it is possible for there to be a third Tellius game, even if Ike and Elincia didn't end up together. In fact, if Ike were to reappear, it wouldn't even take place in Tellius because he left.

Third, Ike doesn't end up with ANYONE at the end of RD. The Soren/Ranulf thing is just giving Ike a travel buddy. Nothing more.

Lastly, Geoffrey/Elincia will no longer be if IS were to implement some sort of plot twist involving Elincia leaving him for Ike. That'd be pretty interesting, if you ask me, not to mention new. However, I don't want to get into a debate over that topic again, so I'll call it quits here.

Not what I meant. I wasn't saying Ike had to love her to do that, just care about her.

It's still his 'duty', so to speak, to help others regardless of how he feels about them.

Third, Ike doesn't end up with ANYONE at the end of RD. The Soren/Ranulf thing is just giving Ike a travel buddy. Nothing more.

Whatever makes you happy. I can use your reasoning the same way right back at you:

Ike and Elincia don't really care to speak to one another after the Tellius deal is over. Ike doesn't bother to bring even his SISTER. Nope, he cut off all ties. All ties. Fuck the people he considered family.

EDIT:

No, instead I'll consider Ike a heartless bastard who couldn't take the pressure of being involved in anymore wars. No ending, everyone wins.

Edited by Chalis

Ike leaves with Soren, doesn't he? Probably went looking for a country that allows gay marriage.

Again... you speak for me... XD

Anyways... yeah... not much except for that Ike/Elincia rage I have... IS took it completely differently than FE9... but yeah...

That decision was as much FAIL as Micaiah's existence IMHO... with the exception of her role as pure fanservice ._.

Ike x Elincia will NEVER happen with the endings of FE10... there were ENDINGS ._.

Doesn't mean I have to like it :P

Moving on to something else... since this is a general FE pairings thread...

3160161.jpg

That one almost made me cry... but since I'm a real person and Ninian's err... not... I'd at least feel better than "I lost" her to someone who loves her as much as me ._.

Besides, I've gone gaga for my gf now anyways...

I now go back to my Eli x Nini shipper self...

Edited by shadowofchaos

Uhm...My favorite pairing? Well...Let's begin from FE6:

Roy x Lilina: I don't know but they're too cute! And in Marcus' convo Lilina say that she always like Roy!

Ray x Sophia: Too cute! And their convo is fun XD.

Uhm, I don't remember another pairing XD.

Fire Emblem 7:

Eliwood x Lyndis: Uhm, don't know why, but they are so cute XD Even if Eliwood likes Ninian...

Hector x Florina or Lyndis: Nothing to say! They are cute together!

Lyndis x Kent: I always loved the Lady/Cavalier pair, so...Nothing to say!

Nino x Jaffar: ...Always.

Erk x Serra: Just cute, and their convo is very fun!!

Wil x Rebecca: Nothing to say...

Fire Emblem 8:

Eirika x Seth: See Lyndis x Kent.

Eirika x Innes: Too cute.

Eirika x Saleh: I like their convo, and Saleh is so...so calm?

Ephraim x Tana: I said to me: "If Ephraim marry Tana...Why Eirika don't marry Innes?" And Ephraim and Tana are so cuteeeeeeeeeee.

Lute x Arthur or Kyle: See the second pairing. (XD)

I don't remember other pairing like always...

Fire Emblem 9/10:

Ike x Elincia: Yeah, I know that there is not romance in the FE10 game but...I Know that Elincia in FE9 call Ike: "My Lord Ike." So She fall for him, no? (I start to like this pair 'cause of fanfiction XD)

Elincia x Geoffrey: Canon.

Jiil x Haar: So cute together

Makalov x Astrid: Maybe canon?

Mia x Rhys (And don't kill me for that XD): For me they are beautiful together ^^

Mist x Boyd: Canon I think.

Mist x Rolf: So cute!

So they are my favorite pairing...but I don't remember other of that 'cause I'm sleeping on the pc...^^

Makalov x Astrid: Maybe canon?

Mia x Rhys (And don't kill me for that XD): For me they are beautiful together ^^

So they are my favorite pairing...but I don't remember other of that 'cause I'm sleeping on the pc...^^

You honestly believe a loser like Makalov deserves to marry someone like Astrid? Disappointing. AND you support Mia and Rhys, whose personalities don't even mesh together, in addition to not even looking that cute together? Double disappointing. I'm sorry, but... *tries to kill Nina anyway*

Edited by Richter Renard

You know it's hard to hate Makalov/Astrid too much because it is canon. And RD Astrid is a loser herself anyway (I think she's stoned, which would explain the combat failure and the facial expression).

If Mia doesn't end up with Rhys, who else does she have left? She only has one other support with a guy, and he ends up marrying another woman.

You know it's hard to hate Makalov/Astrid too much because it is canon. And RD Astrid is a loser herself anyway (I think she's stoned, which would explain the combat failure and the facial expression).

If Mia doesn't end up with Rhys, who else does she have left? She only has one other support with a guy, and he ends up marrying another woman.

For you, it is, I'll probably say. But who's to say a canon pairing can't be a crack pairing? Astrid/Makalov is a shining example of such a pairing that, while it can be canon, is definitely a crack pairing. I'd have expected you to catch on to the part where IS's taste in pairings is bad at times - and Astrid/Makalov proves it.

...You just don't get it, do you? I don't see Mia and Rhys's personalities meshing together. A hyperactive swordswoman who's eager for battle and a nauseous priest? That just screams "clashing personalities" like nothing else.

...No offense, but for some reason, being lectured by you, whose taste in pairings isn't that great, is just making my blood boil.

Whatever makes you happy. I can use your reasoning the same way right back at you:

Ike and Elincia don't really care to speak to one another after the Tellius deal is over. Ike doesn't bother to bring even his SISTER. Nope, he cut off all ties. All ties. Fuck the people he considered family.

Exactly.

But why did Ike cut off all ties? That just doesn't seem to be him at all. He obviously cared a lot about the Greil Mercenaries, his sister, and all his friends. HE FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS, REMEMBER? xP That's one reason I think the best guess is that he got depressed over something. Perhaps, losing the woman he loves to another man? I know I'd feel pretty shitty if the one I loved married someone else when we were in love first.

Nah. I'm pretty sure Ike just got bored of how scrubby everyone was compared to him. He got way too manly to give a shit about Tellius or anyone on it after he beat THE STRONGEST BEING IN EXISTENCE that was their GOD. He had to go find a new continent to pwn.

Maybe, but I don't see that as reason enough for him to just up and completely leave his sister and friends behind.

Still, who knows. We'll never know exactly what goes on in IS's minds...

Fire Emblem 7:

Eliwood x Lyndis: Uhm, don't know why, but they are so cute XD Even if Eliwood likes Ninian...

To hell with that... if I had to lose her because of the fact she isn't real... might as well be to someone that loves her too... I can't accept that she's gonna go back to the other side alone... She couldn't find anyone for 1000 years in there... who's to say that the dragons on the other side aren't buttholes?

Sorry ._.

XD

Nah. I'm pretty sure Ike just got bored of how scrubby everyone was compared to him. He got way too manly to give a shit about Tellius or anyone on it after he beat THE STRONGEST BEING IN EXISTENCE that was their GOD. He had to go find a new continent to pwn.

^This post should be flagged for epic WIN

XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

FE 6:

Roy x Lilina.

Who says that good friends cannot be more than friends? These two spent too much time together. Also, the epilogue says Lycia unifies as a kingdom, this is the only pairing I believe can do that.

FE 7:

Eliwood and Ninian.

They endured so much, they are the only ones that can make the other smile, also strongly supported by the game (too many scenes together and awesome supports)

FE 9:

Of course, Ike x Elincia.

Even if Geoofrey got her, I believe there were many key moments in which one thinks they are in love. After all, it's like a typical knightly romance.

Edited by Light_sword_Lord