Pairings!

Anacybele

Jaffar X Nino LOVE that one its so... who new Jaffar had it in him and the support convos was really good

Matthew X Liea (forget how to spell her name) oh wait.. Shes dead!!Damn you Jaffar they were perfect!

and as to Ike and Soren/Ranulf: NO!

Oliver X Renning

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike and Soren's unlockable convo at the end of the game is debatable. There's also the fact that all pairings not invoving Ike are explicitly romantic, which implies that Ike's pairisngs might be as well.

Of course there's more evidence for Geoffrey x Elincia, considering they get married.

"Geoffrey's chivalrous nature and loyalty to Queen Elincia ensured that all of Crimea supported their marriage."

Ike's muscles? Huge? Ha, if you think they're big, you haven't seen anything. Believe me, I've seen men whose muscles were way bigger. Trust me. In fact, I can name two FE characters who have bigger muscles: Largo and that one guy from SD. The mercenary dude. Forget his name.

Gonzales, Hawkeye and MAYBE Dorcas...although his muscles are kinda average for fighter standards.

~Zihark x Lethe~

Why didn't it happen? It had a lot more backing than Zihark x Illyana and Illyana is just... not marriage material...

Illyana: I'm pregnant

Zihark: ....Crap... now she's eating for two....

~Bastian x Lucia~

Poor, poor Bastian... my favorite all time FE character just can't win that shallow woman.

Ike and Soren's unlockable convo at the end of the game is debatable. There's also the fact that all pairings not invoving Ike are explicitly romantic, which implies that Ike's pairisngs might be as well.

No. Just because the other pairings are romantic doesn't mean Ike's are as well.

Of course there's more evidence for Geoffrey x Elincia, considering they get married.

Dur. But that doesn't mean Elincia really loved him. She would eventually have to marry and produce an heir if she stayed queen. With Ike, the one I think she actually loved being gone, Geoffrey would be her next best choice.

"Geoffrey's chivalrous nature and loyalty to Queen Elincia ensured that all of Crimea supported their marriage."

Yeah. Geoffrey. This makes me think the love is only coming from Geoffrey's end even more. Elincia always spoke to Geoffrey like he was a brother figure, if not only her retainer, in both games the way I see it. Ike, on the other hand, received giggles and a flirty tone out of her, not to mention she enjoyed holding his hand (and Ike sure didn't mind holding hers). She is clearly in love with him, not Geoffrey. As for Ike loving Elincia, I think he makes it less obvious than she does. He quickly changed the subject when Shinon said "yer in love with a pwetty wittle princess" for example. Ranulf also seems to think Ike's meetings with Elincia are rather romantic. And Ike seems to have a lot of alone time with her and like it, no less. Lastly, he explodes at Sanaki, an empress of all people, just for Elincia. As Sanaki stated, Ike has a lot of passion for the princess. Also, get what the narrator said at the end of PoR:

"In the years to come, tales of Queen Elincia and her noble hero Ike"

Sorry, I don't remember the rest of that line right now. xP But anyway, this pretty much implies that they really should be together. Of course, this is PoR, but don't forget what I've said about RD. The fact that the love seemed to vanish could be evidence for Ike/Elincia in itself. It seems like they had to hide it or postpone it or something of the like. Meetings with Geoffrey could have cause the rumors about him and Elincia to spread and obviously, Elincia would need to meet with him a lot about the Ludveck issue, not to mention other possible military situations. Oh, and Elincia's deathquote in the Endgame chapter has her saying "my noble Ike" as I've stated numerous times. That's a big hinter, if you ask me. If I were that close to death, I'd want to say the name of the man I loved too.

So, with Ike leaving (possibly out of grief and unhappiness because he may have heard the rumors) and the possibility of protest or dislike for him being with her, Elincia could only turn to the next best candidate for queen's husband: Geoffrey.

Gosh, I don't know how many times I repeat this in some way...

But if you want to continue thinking Geoffrey/Elincia is the only possibility, go ahead. I can't change your mind. I'm only stating my views and mine alone.

Edited by Eternal Bond

~Zihark x Lethe~

Why didn't it happen? It had a lot more backing than Zihark x Illyana and Illyana is just... not marriage material...

Illyana: I'm pregnant

Zihark: ....Crap... now she's eating for two....

:lol: I think what made Zihark x Illyana so strong (or stronger since I was a fan since PoR) were all the teases they had in their "Talk" conversations. The only "backing" Zihark/Lethe has is their recruitment dialog. They can't even support in PoR. Speaking of PoR, in the Zihark/Muarim A support conversation, Zihark says he'll never love again after he broke up with his laguz ex-girlfriend. But we'll conveniently ignore that.

~Bastian x Lucia~

Poor, poor Bastian... my favorite all time FE character just can't win that shallow woman.

They're one of the few with an ending in RD. They don't marry, but they end up having plenty of trysts.

Dur. But that doesn't mean Elincia really loved him. She would eventually have to marry and produce an heir if she stayed queen. With Ike, the one I think she actually loved being gone, Geoffrey would be her next best choice.

Yeah. Geoffrey. This makes me think the love is only coming from Geoffrey's end even more. Elincia always spoke to Geoffrey like he was a brother figure, if not only her retainer, in both games the way I see it.

It amazes me that you wouldn't try and back up your argument with this quote at the beginning of FE10 Part2.

Aristocrat: And you, General Geoffrey. Does your loyalty to Her Majesty stem

only from your unchecked emotions? Those with a taste for gossip are

talking. I wonder, have you heard what the help is saying about you?

Geoffrey: What?! I...

Lucia: Geoffrey!

Geoffrey: Rrgh!

Edited by General Spoon

Well, I've just started playing FE10 for the first time in awhile, so I didn't recall that quote. xP

I also forgot to mention that Elincia returned to Crimea with Ike at the end of RD. IKE. :3 I can't remember the conversation exactly, but Elincia suggested to Ike that they go home together and Ike agreed in a way that sounded kind of lovey dovey to me. :P

Also, in PoR, I did Geoffrey and Elincia support convos and I didn't feel that much romance flying around there. Ike and Elincia's conversations, however...

I'm serious. This was even before I became a heavy IkexElincia supporter.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Quote from FE9 support convos:

Ike: You employed me as a mercenary. I'll give you your money's worth! ...No. It means more than that... To my last breath, I will do all that I can to ensure your dream...Elincia.

Elincia: Oh, Ike..

Notice anything?

As I said, in Japanese culture, honorifics are important... ESPECIALLY when referring to royalty... however, when there's not a "title" after a name...

:P

Also... might not be much but:

FE9Elincia.jpg

By 1 chapter... he's faster for her A support... XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh my...that sounds very romantic! The quote I mean.

Those two are so adorable together! <3

Damn you, IS, you must be planning something more...

I also forgot to mention that Elincia returned to Crimea with Ike at the end of RD. IKE. :3 I can't remember the conversation exactly, but Elincia suggested to Ike that they go home together and Ike agreed in a way that sounded kind of lovey dovey to me. :P

You may have had a point, had it ended there. However, Ike then leaves the continent entirely while Geoffrey marries her.

I'm not sure why in the world Ike and Elincia would have to hide their relationship at this point. Ike was named a noble, so it's not like Geoffrey has higher social standing once RD begins. Plus, Ike is the hero of the world who everyone loves, I don't even think the aristocrats would complain and it's not like ELincia values their opinions very highly regardless.

I just cannot fathom any logical reason why Ike would have to leave Tellius and Elincia would just marry Geoffrey in the meantime. Can you? I don't think if Ike loved Elincia he would leave simply for "new challenges".

The PoR evidence is nice and all, but since RD came after it's all irrelevant.

If you like Elincia/Ike better fine, but the logic clearly supports Geoffrey/Elincia.

You know, Geoffrey and Elicnia say each other's names plenty too.

Edited by -Cynthia-

You may have had a point, had it ended there. However, Ike then leaves the continent entirely while Geoffrey marries her.

True. But we're not told exactly why Ike leaves, now are we?

I'm not sure why in the world Ike and Elincia would have to hide their relationship at this point. Ike was named a noble, so it's not like Geoffrey has higher social standing once RD begins. Plus, Ike is the hero of the world who everyone loves, I don't even think the aristocrats would complain and it's not like ELincia values their opinions very highly regardless.

If Ike stayed a noble, no I don't think anyone would complain or protest. But Ike stayed a commoner, and the higher classes may not like the idea of Elincia marrying a common mercenary.

I just cannot fathom any logical reason why Ike would have to leave Tellius and Elincia would just marry Geoffrey in the meantime. Can you? I don't think if Ike loved Elincia he would leave simply for "new challenges".

I can, because I have done plenty of research. The PoR evidence is still relevant because it all clearly pointed to IkexElincia. Which would mean they likely had fallen in love. And look what RD gave us: That relationship seemingly gone, Ike leaving Tellius behind for unknown reasons, and Elincia marrying Geoffrey. See the connection I'm trying to make here? Ike and Elincia may have been afraid of higher classes not liking the idea of them together due to Ike's common background, thus they kept themselves a secret. Due to all of the war issues, Elincia probably had many meetings with Geoffrey and thus caused rumors to go around about them. These rumors could have reached Ike, thus leading him to getting ideas about Elincia and Geoffrey and getting upset. He chose to leave out of grief. Elincia would be saddened, and pretty much forced to marry her next best choice, Geoffrey. Really, I'm saying it could have been a huge misunderstanding.

The PoR evidence is nice and all, but since RD came after it's all irrelevant.

See above.

If you like Elincia/Ike better fine, but the logic clearly supports Geoffrey/Elincia.

And this is where I disagree.

You know, Geoffrey and Elicnia say each other's names plenty too.

Well duh, but not every single situation where they say each other's names is going to suggest anything.

Fe6 :

Roy x Lilina. OTP.

Fe7:

Eliwood x Ninian.

Hector x Florina

Lyn x Rath (Blah!)

Fe8:

Ephraim x Tana (or L'arachel, I never tried with Eirika before)

Eirika x Seth (or Innes)

Yes, I like them all. :)

Original Japanese script, please.

I stand corrected... scratch my theory please...

IKE

俺は、あんたに雇われた傭兵だ。

あんたの望みを叶えるために

全力を尽くすと約束する。

ELINCIA

アイク様……

Source:

You can find their support convo at Pegasus Knight (link)

Random Fact: I never knew "Titania" was "Tiamat" in Japanese... XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't know what you people have against Ike being gay. It's not like it makes him any less manly. Seriously, the lead male, contrary to popular belief, DOESN'T have to fall for the lead female.

Anyway, Fire Emblem has provided me with a few favorite pairings, such as:

Hannibal x Corpul

Dozla x Garcia

Shinon x His Ego

Gheb x Tana x Amelia

Renault x Florina

Barst x The Universe

Cord x The Universe :Cord:

Bord x His Hand

I don't know what you people have against Ike being gay. It's not like it makes him any less manly. Seriously, the lead male, contrary to popular belief, DOESN'T have to fall for the lead female.

Wouldn't that be Micaiah in fe10? Anyway, they aren't "against" him being gay, as near as I can tell. They are simply pointing out that there is absolutely no evidence of that. You might as well claim he's an alien to the tellius world (actually half alien), is genetically similar enough to humans (aside from getting sudden growth spurts late in puberty resulting in many muscles) that no one can tell the difference, and since it is actually Greil that was born on a different planet, Ike has no knowledge of his alien heritage and so thinks and acts like a human (explaining why he doesn't seem like an alien). There is just as much evidence (read: none) of my theory as there is of Ike being gay. The Tellius world has not said that there are no aliens, I don't think there is mention of Greil coming from a long line of anything, so there are no plot inconsistencies (and if there is, just make the mother the alien. I don't think she has a backstory). There is no proof to the contrary, and thus my theory is just as valid as the whole Ike = gay thing.

You might notice nobody disputes Heather's preference. People are willing to admit that she probably is. There is just nothing to base this Ike = gay idea on. If there was, it would be different.

Ike's muscles? Huge? Ha, if you think they're big, you haven't seen anything. Believe me, I've seen men whose muscles were way bigger. Trust me. In fact, I can name two FE characters who have bigger muscles: Largo

Yes but Largo was also buff in PoR and did not gain much muscle in RD. Whereas Ike went from scrawny to completely buff in 3 years' time.

You might notice nobody disputes Heather's preference. People are willing to admit that she probably is. There is just nothing to base this Ike = gay idea on. If there was, it would be different.

Lesbians are more socially acceptable than gay men. Plus, she's a minor character so people don't care as much.

Being gay is like being an alien now? I find that comparison somewhat offensive actually. Anyway, Ike develops some very close relationships with guys (and often avoids romantic situations with ladies) so him being gay is a definite possibility. Fire Emblem is often very inconclusive on the nature of relationships between characters until the epilogues, except that Ike's epilogue is also very vague. However, to say that the chances of Ike being gay are equal to him being an alien is completely incorrect. I'm not syaing he is or isn't, but to say that it's not a possibility is rather biased.

WRT Ike's birth, we know that Greil comes from Daein (one of the Four Riders, whether he was born there or not is unknown). We also know that Ike was born in Gallia (unless Titania is lying for some reason?), so that he means he was born in Tellius and is thus not an alien.

Wouldn't that be Micaiah in fe10? Anyway, they aren't "against" him being gay, as near as I can tell. They are simply pointing out that there is absolutely no evidence of that. You might as well claim he's an alien to the tellius world (actually half alien), is genetically similar enough to humans (aside from getting sudden growth spurts late in puberty resulting in many muscles) that no one can tell the difference, and since it is actually Greil that was born on a different planet, Ike has no knowledge of his alien heritage and so thinks and acts like a human (explaining why he doesn't seem like an alien). There is just as much evidence (read: none) of my theory as there is of Ike being gay. The Tellius world has not said that there are no aliens, I don't think there is mention of Greil coming from a long line of anything, so there are no plot inconsistencies (and if there is, just make the mother the alien. I don't think she has a backstory). There is no proof to the contrary, and thus my theory is just as valid as the whole Ike = gay thing.

And after all, there's that ending where Ike returns to space >_>

I think it's a silly argument. There's not enough evidence to draw a conclusion in either direction, so we assume that like most people, Ike is straight. That's not to say there's no evidence, just not enough.

(As for Heather, she openly flirts with other girls. I think that's enough evidence.)

Lesbians are more socially acceptable than gay men. Plus, she's a minor character so people don't care as much.

Being gay is like being an alien now? I find that comparison somewhat offensive actually.

It was the first crackpot theory I could think of, sorry. It isn't comparing being gay to being from another planet (or in this case, your father being from another planet). If you can come up with a crackpot theory that doesn't offend you then go ahead. The point was merely to come up with something that has no evidence to support it but nothing to disprove it, either.

Anyway, Ike develops some very close relationships with guys (and often avoids romantic situations with ladies) so him being gay is a definite possibility.

All males that avoid stalkers like Aimee and have real friendships with other men have a definite possibility of being gay?

Besides, his A supports in PoR seem a lot closer with the women than with the guys. Even Lethe:

Ike: No, nothing like that. It's just... You're powerful, you know? If you compliment me, that means something.

Lethe: Bah! You give me too much credit. ...Um... Say, Ike?

Ike: What?

Lethe: When this war is over, you should... Why don't you come to Gallia? I mean, not like I care, but--

Ike: Gallia?

Lethe: Right! Well, you could learn even more if you trained in Gallia. It's hard living for a beorc. But if you can handle it, you could take the swordsmanship that runs in your blood to another level.

Ike: Only if you're my sparring partner!

Lethe: Meh... Well, if you that's what you want... I guess I'd be all right with that.

Ike: Then life in Gallia may not be so bad.

The Elincia one has been posted already:

Ike: You employed me as a mercenary. I'll give you your money's worth! ...No. It means more than that... To my last breath, I will do all that I can to ensure your dream...Elincia.

Elincia: Oh, Ike...

And the Titania one is on a similar level to most of his supports with males:

Ike: Perhaps I'm wrong. Regardless... I stand here alive today because of you. And I still want to thank you for it. Had you not lent a helping hand, I would most likely be dead. And my father's life cut short as well. You helped to keep him alive until the Black Knight brought him down... You made his final years happy. Thank you.

Titania: Oh, Ike... ...I don't... ...Sniff... ...Sniff... ...Sniff...

Ike: Unlike my father, I lack both experience and strength, but... I'm learning. Please, keep aiding and supporting me. Please...

Titania: ...Sniff... Of course... Of course I will, Ike.

I just don't see how there is any merit to the Ike = gay theory. If he isn't straight, he's simply not interested. Ike = Asexual has more evidence (or more things you can interpret as evidence) than Ike = gay.

Fire Emblem is often very inconclusive on the nature of relationships between characters until the epilogues, except that Ike's epilogue is also very vague. However, to say that the chances of Ike being gay are equal to him being an alien is completely incorrect. I'm not syaing he is or isn't, but to say that it's not a possibility is rather biased.

There is no evidence of either. Obviously Ike = gay is far more likely than being an alien. Ike being an alien is extremely unlikely. However, if we assume that, say, 8% of a population is gay, then without any other information about Ike himself you could say that there is an 8% chance Ike is gay. Obviously there isn't an 8% chance Ike is a half-alien. If stipulating an actual number offends you, replace 8 with x, so x%.

Now, like I said, I can't come up with a theory that more closely parallels the gay one. If you can come up with something with neither evidence nor counterevidence that we could say has an x% chance of being true, I'll go with that one.

WRT Ike's birth, we know that Greil comes from Daein (one of the Four Riders, whether he was born there or not is unknown). We also know that Ike was born in Gallia (unless Titania is lying for some reason?), so that he means he was born in Tellius and is thus not an alien.

No, I said half-alien. Greil became one of the 4 riders (Ashnard rewards strength, right, not nobility? Why should he care if Gawain has no past?) and then marries Elena and has children. Mist and Ike are half-beorc and half-alien. Not saying it's likely. If not for the fact that there is no counterevidence, I'd say there is a 0% chance of Ike being half-alien (with no evidence against the theory it basically has to have a non-zero probability of being true, however small that probability may need to be). But the only way that the Ike = half alien theory is more baseless than the Ike = gay theory is that gay people clearly exist, and in number. Clearly, it is far more easy to believe a person is gay (without any supporting evidence) than a person's father is from another planet (without any supporting evidence), because you have evidence that (many) other people are gay, whereas you don't have evidence that (any) other people have alien fathers.

And after all, there's that ending where Ike returns to space >_>

I think it's a silly argument. There's not enough evidence to draw a conclusion in either direction, so we assume that like most people, Ike is straight. That's not to say there's no evidence, just not enough.

(As for Heather, she openly flirts with other girls. I think that's enough evidence.)

Anouleth, your gamefaqs sig has me saying "Thus, Edward > Haar." This is not the first time I've done something like this. Of course, in that topic the TC basically asked people to hype Edward, or something like that. This one wasn't on request. I assume you were calling my Ike = half-alien theory silly, rather than calling the Ike = gay theory silly. I suppose you could have been speaking of the latter, though.

Oh, and you helped my Ike = half-alien theory.

I forgot this:

Once he saw stability returned, Ike left on a journey to lands still unknown. He was never seen again.

After Ike defeated Ashera, he opened up a note form Greil that should only be opened in the event that something something. Note said,

hey son! I'm an alien. Actually, I was king there, and it's about time for you to take your proper place. My space ship is in Z (location), and your coronation is in 5 days, so get a move on. They shouldn't mind a half A (name of alien race) King too much, hopefully. Feel free to bring someone along to remember Tellius by, if you want. Oh, and don't bring Mist. Our planet has a long history of wanting only one possible heir to survive the coronation, so you and Mist would be pitted in a death-match if you brought her. Also, they'll insist on you marrying one of their own females to get a 3/4 A rather than a 1/4 A as their ruler after you, so better not bring any females at all, actually, since they will undoubtedly try to kill her.

(Oh, and Jill = gay and Mist = gay because they were crying in each others' arms in PoR. If Ike's convos with any of the guys indicate an ambiguous sexual preference (or a definitively non-straight one), then come on.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Besides, his A supports in PoR seem a lot closer with the women than with the guys. Even Lethe:

liek did you not read his convo with Soren or something

Oh, and Jill = gay and Mist = gay because they were crying in each others' arms in PoR. If Ike's convos with any of the guys indicate an ambiguous sexual preference (or a definitively non-straight one), then come on.)

Jill doesn't run off with Mist and only Mist at the end of 10.

I stand corrected... scratch my theory please...

Aww, they don't have chapter scripts? :<

I just don't see how there is any merit to the Ike = gay theory. If he isn't straight, he's simply not interested. Ike = Asexual has more evidence (or more things you can interpret as evidence) than Ike = gay.

Asexuals can have relationships too. There just happens to be a stronger theory for IkeSoren than there is for him being gay, staight, for Elincia, or otherwise.

Being asexual doesn't mean he can't be romantically involved. The relationship doesn't have to be all that romantic, even.

liek did you not read his convo with Soren or something

Yep, I read it. His fe9 one is nothing, as for his RD one in 4-E-5, I can't find it on this site now, though I've read it before. I can't see how you can call that proof of more than friendship. Anyway, an interesting point is that Ike doesn't even have a unique support convo in RD for Soren. I'm serious:

Type 1: ___, as long as I'm here I won't let you die. There's too much riding on your survival. Stay close.

Type 2: Duke Tanas, as hard as it is to swallow, we do need you to survive. Stay close so I can watch out for you.

Type 3: King Caineghis, as long as I'm here, I'll protect you. You're way too important to lose. Stay near me.

Type 4: Prince ___, as long as I'm here, I'll protect you. Please stay near me for maximum protection.

Type 5: General ___, I won't let you die. Please try to stay near me so I can keep an eye on you.

Type 6: General ___, as long as I'm here, I won't let you die. Please stay close.

Type 7: King Naesala, as long as I'm here, you're safe. Please stay nearby so I can keep an eye out for you.

Type 8: Queen ___, I won't let these dogs touch you. But you'll have to stay near me so I can protect you.

Type 9: Naesala, I've got your back. But please stay near me so I can see enemies approaching you from behind.

Type 10: Lord ___, as long as I'm here, you're safe. But please stay nearby so I can watch your back.

Type 11: Sir ___, as long as I'm here, I've got your back. Just stick with me and you'll be safe.

Care to explain that one away? He has a unique for a couple of characters, like Oliver and Caineghis. Is he gay for them, too?

Soren has one for Ike, but even if you want to call that gay (which it isn't), at the most Soren has special feelings but Ike doesn't. Soren does have a unique addressing and addressed for Ike, but like I said, Ike has nothing for Soren.

Jill doesn't run off with Mist and only Mist at the end of 10.

Right, because any two males that go anywhere together are gay. Therefore Lloyd x Zelos are gay when they go off together at the end of TOS. Lloyd and Genis are gay together. Lloyd and Regal are gay together. Lloyd was a mega perv when going off with Presea, considering she has the body of a child and is actually almost twice his age.

Asexuals can have relationships too. There just happens to be a stronger theory for IkeSoren than there is for him being gay, staight, for Elincia, or otherwise.

Being asexual doesn't mean he can't be romantically involved. The relationship doesn't have to be all that romantic, even.

Which isn't the same as Soren being Ike's gay lover. Sure, they've got a close friendship and all, but that's not the same as what is being implied by others.

Even a statement from the makers about Ike being gay for Soren would get a response of "Then you implemented it badly" from me.