• Ocarina of time
    • Majora's mask
    • Oracle of Seasons/Ages
    • Minish Cap
    • Twilight princess
    • Wind Waker
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks

thought I'd make a topic to discuss The Legend of Zelda so go ahead!

A few of the games are missing from the pole for various reasons, first of all four swords is missing because it wasn't really a proper game, the stupid cdi games are too because no one sane would vote for them.

Hourglass and tracks are missing because I consider them an outrage to Zelda-ness and therefore are not real Zelda games in my mind.

EDIT: spinoffs like tingle's magic rupee land (or whatever it is called) are also missing because they don't count.

Edited by Quac!

If the two DS games are an outrage wouldn't Windwaker be too? They're kinda related...

I'm playing Spirit Tracks at the moment. Well, I haven't played around on it since last month but so far it's easy as hell.

Edited by Bananas

Still trying to beat TP. Started it like, a year ago...last I played, I beat Stallord.

I'm interested in Spirit Tracks. Might get it soon. After beating Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

My favourite is probably Ocarina.

Edited by Nightmare

If the two DS games are an outrage wouldn't Windwaker be too? They're kinda related...

no because WW sticks to Zelda-ness and is one of the best ones in my opinion, Hourglass and especially tracks were just gimmicky crap.

the cartoon-ishness does not bother me at all.

Edited by Quac!

no because WW sticks to Zelda-ness and is one of the best ones in my opinion, Hourglass and especially tracks were just gimmicky crap.

the cartoon-ishness does not bother me at all.

They are actually quite fun. I am sad they replaced the Hookshot with the Whip in ST. (You can't move while you have the whip out.) ;(

Hookshoot is the best item ever :D

Oh, My favorite is a three way tie. Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Windwaker. (Even if I have barely played Ocarina. :P)

Wow. I've played almost every Zelda game. Except Twilight Princess (Link just turned into Wolf Link,) & Majora's Mask. (Yes, I have played the NES games. My aunt had them, so I played them and a ton of other retro games.)

Edited by Bryan

I love Wind Waker. Despite the irritating wind changing mechanic and the stupid fetch quests, the game has managed to enthrall me for over two years. Any game that I can put in over 150 hours and only have 15 of the 20 hearts is awesome. The game just never gets boring (besides that stupid triforce fetch quest; that sucked). It was a tad easy, but it was never so easy that it felt boring. In fact, the whole "Go shoot a cyclone to get a song to warp to a place to get special arrows to get to special islands to get items to get onto other islands to get a full-powered sword" thing was really confusing.

Oh, and the whole camera sidequest could be a game on its own.

I love Wind Waker. Despite the irritating wind changing mechanic and the stupid fetch quests, the game has managed to enthrall me for over two years. Any game that I can put in over 150 hours and only have 15 of the 20 hearts is awesome. The game just never gets boring (besides that stupid triforce fetch quest; that sucked). It was a tad easy, but it was never so easy that it felt boring. In fact, the whole "Go shoot a cyclone to get a song to warp to a place to get special arrows to get to special islands to get items to get onto other islands to get a full-powered sword" thing was really confusing.

Oh, and the whole camera sidequest could be a game on its own.

The triforce quest was really bad since you had to throw away 3584 rupees to Tingle for him to 'translate' the map. Of course, if you did the full 50 levels of the gauntlet, you'd get tons of rupees anyway, but still...

I'm guessing no one much cared for MM besides me?

The triforce quest was really bad since you had to throw away 3584 rupees to Tingle for him to 'translate' the map. Of course, if you did the full 50 levels of the gauntlet, you'd get tons of rupees anyway, but still...

I'm guessing no one much cared for MM besides me?

MM was great, just not quite as good as Ocarina of Time.

The N64 Zeldas were just fuckin awesome...

MM was great, just not quite as good as Ocarina of Time.

The N64 Zeldas were just fuckin awesome...

I disagree MM was very frustrating for me, it is still great game but compared to other Zeldas.

I disagree MM was very frustrating for me, it is still great game but compared to other Zeldas.

It's tedious, but one of the few games that is a lot more fun with a guide. Stupid Great Bay Temple. :angry:

Stupid Stone Tower Temple :angry:

Stupid Moon :angry:

But still my favorite. Best use of character development in a Zelda game by far.

And happy level up to me.

*RP is now at level 6* :awesome:

Edited by Randomly Predictable

The only thing I had trouble with was Great Bay Temple...

It's also got loads of side quests. The most, I think. Or maybe TP has more? Anyway, MM's side quests were fun :D

Agreed about the sidequests. That was the best part.

Getting the fairies in STT was a pain though, since you had to flip it twice to get them all.

The only thing I had trouble with was Great Bay Temple...

It's also got loads of side quests. The most, I think. Or maybe TP has more? Anyway, MM's side quests were fun :D

no MM had way more side quests than other zelda's, TP didn't actually have that many.

no MM had way more side quests than other zelda's, TP didn't actually have that many.

Well, MM was one big string of sidequests with a few dungeons and a plot attached. Still my favorite Zelda game. I should probably play the handhelds and the pre-N64 ones as well (on VC, if the Wii supports WPA Wi-fi encryption).

Stupid DS which doesn't...

thought I'd make a topic to discuss The Legend of Zelda so go ahead!

A few of the games are missing from the pole for various reasons, first of all four swords is missing because it wasn't really a proper game, the stupid cdi games are too because no one sane would vote for them.

Hourglass and tracks are missing because I consider them an outrage to Zelda-ness and therefore are not real Zelda games in my mind.

EDIT: spinoffs like tingle's magic rupee land (or whatever it is called) are also missing because they don't count.

I noticed some problems with your "pole."

Four Swords is one of the most enjoyable Zelda games when you have people to play it. As for Spirit Tracks, this happens to be one of my favorites simply because it had puzzles that were new and exciting. Phantom Hourglass, while nothing special, is still a Zelda game. And lol at you putting The Adventure of Link in the "pole" and not Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, or the Four Swords games. That game, while I do like it, strays further from the rest of the series than Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, or the Fours Swords games.

In any event, I'm going to be the only sane one and vote for Link's Awakening.

Edited by General Spoon

What are these "Gimmicks" you speak of? PH and ST seem perfectly acceptable to me.

Anyway I voted Ocarina, though my liking for the series is dwindling. I'll never islike OoT, though.

fine god damn it, Spirit tracks and Phantom hourglass are in the (however you spell this sort of pole) by popular demand.

As for why I don't like them I just found them well....bad, phantom hourglass got really boring after the first few hours and it was shallow which is a big no-no for a Zelda game.

I actually quite liked the adventure of link, weird as it may be.

EDIT: as for 4 swords while I agree it is great fun with friends it is hardly a Zelda game you just go from level to level collecting rupees.

Edited by Quac!