staves question

whase

in my current PT I decided to train Mist.

1 time, Mist was already a valkyrie lvl.12, she used the skill corrosion while using a stave to counter.

my question; is it also possible for her (or any other healer) to activate her mastery skill with a stave counter?

if it were, it would really look weird with arch sages I think :blink:

before yesterday I thought you couldn't activate any battle skills with a staff...

Even a sage with a knife in FE9 can activate skills (not masteries though)

Sol won't activate with attacks from 2 range by anything that isn't a bow. Staves can't trigger it either.

It's the same with the other masteries. Deadeye will activate from wherever, since it's the Marksman mastery and they use bows. Stun and Colossus won't activate from 2 range, Flare and Corona won't activate with staves (that last is obvious if you think about it), et cetera.

So yeah, Mist's not triggering Sol unless she's using a sword from 1 range. And if you're letting that happen, you're going to want Sol to activate a lot.

Yet another reason why Mist should never be used as a combat unit in FE10. As such, do it. It's the essence of self-imposed challenges in Fire Emblem and if you do it enough you'll be cool here.

Five dots, bitches.

Edited by Naglfar

Yet another reason why Mist should never be used as a combat unit in FE10. As such, do it. It's the essence of self-imposed challenges in Fire Emblem and if you do it enough you'll be cool here.

I'm playing on easy, Mist ORKO's everything that isn't a general because she will crit or use her mastery skill almost every turn.

I know, she is lvl.?/20/13 in chapter 3-F, like all my units (even DB characters), wich means she's higher then all enemies.

on easy there is no reason not to train Mist, she's good when trained :)

I'm playing on easy, Mist ORKO's everything that isn't a general because she will crit or use her mastery skill almost every turn.

I know, she is lvl.?/20/13 in chapter 3-F, like all my units (even DB characters), wich means she's higher then all enemies.

on easy there is no reason not to train Mist, she's good when trained :)

Everyone's good when trained on easy.

Everyone's good when trained on easy.

And yet some are still easier to train. It's far simpler to make a good Mist on EM than a good Fiona/Vika/etc. At least, from a turncount perspective. I should say it costs far fewer turns to make Mist good than making certain other characters good in part 4. And if only Mist's Floretes did magic damage...

And yet some are still easier to train. It's far simpler to make a good Mist on EM than a good Fiona/Vika/etc. At least, from a turncount perspective. I should say it costs far fewer turns to make Mist good than making certain other characters good in part 4. And if only Mist's Floretes did magic damage...

If only they had all the magical swords back in general. Mist + Runesword = win! :D

If only they had all the magical swords back in general. Mist + Runesword = win! :D

I like Mist, so I'd sure enjoy that. Just think, cap Mist's magic and you get a 50 mt Nosferatu going. 52 mt if Mist is supported to A with anything (or B with fire/water/dark). Even Micaiah only gets up to 46 (+2/3) mt with Nosferatu. Easier to make this happen before 4-E on EM and NM, naturally, but still fun when it's there.

No one is hard to train in EM. You get enough BEXP to easily bring two tier ONE units with you to endgame. And then there's all of the stat boosters which you can get by just fine without in order to make it even easier to make anyone usable.

• 2 weeks later...

Lyre says hello. Rend is the only thing saving her, but it would be idiotic to give it to her.

Yeah, it's not the game throws tons of Satori Signs at you, and Lyre gets more from a Satori Sign than anyone since it takes her offense from 'bad' to '1-rounds 70% of the time'.

I haven't played EM, but Lyre's 22 base speed should double, and she should be fine with an Energy Drop and support.