Best Sylvia Pairing

Mousefire

34 members have voted

1. 1. Sylvia?

Claude. Corple isn't ever going to promote, and 4 Mov after promotion isn't doing him any favors. Claude at least gives Valkyrie Staff which is much better than whatever Levin!Corple can do. Lex isn't really a good pairing since none of Sylvia's children really want Elite, and if you want it that bad you could always go Sharlow.

Claude. Corple isn't ever going to promote, and 4 Mov after promotion isn't doing him any favors. Claude at least gives Valkyrie Staff which is much better than whatever Levin!Corple can do. Lex isn't really a good pairing since none of Sylvia's children really want Elite, and if you want it that bad you could always go Sharlow.

@Bold: Staff abuse, it's not that hard

@Italics: 4 MOV...What???

@Underlined: It's picked for the tankiness, not Elite, and Corple can still use it well, I say.

I voted Claude btw, though technically Levin's the best, Claude is the most likely candidate and a good 2nd

Edited by Afi

Dead should be an option. Y'know, Sharlow and his Berserk Staff might be better than all the Corple's (except for Levin and Claude's kids, due to holy weapons) and Laylea's Charisma is quite enticing as well.

@Bold: Staff abuse, it's not that hard

@Italics: 4 MOV...What???

@Underlined: It's picked for the tankiness, not Elite, and Corple can still use it well, I say.

I voted Claude btw, though technically Levin's the best, Claude is the most likely candidate and a good 2nd

It is a stretch to staff abuse Corple all the way to promotion. He needs approximately 38 Warp / Fortify / Return uses, and assuming he saves all the civilians in C10, he still needs 28 uses of the expensive Warp / Fortify or Return staffs to get to 20. He can do it with Patty and a useless unit staying behind, but even after promotion he can't see any combat despite Holsety giving him insane combat parameters. 5 move ensures that he'll be lagging behind all the rest, and he only gets Holsety for that one chapter so his contributions are greatly limited. In addition, the only enemies he can reach are the Dark Mages and the initial swarm of Axe Knights from Dozel, the rest are either too far or too risky to attempt.

The defence growths from Lex x Sylvia doesn't make a significant difference. Leen already sees little combat as is, and Corple typically won't be seeing any combat at all. Elite doesn't help Corple's case as much as Valkyrie does, he is still horrible regardless of level. Valkyrie doesn't require Corple to be trained to make use of it, and you can preserve your main combat units that way.

Dead should be an option. Y'know, Sharlow and his Berserk Staff might be better than all the Corple's (except for Levin and Claude's kids, due to holy weapons) and Laylea's Charisma is quite enticing as well.

best pairing. that's the title. not whether she should live or not.

It is a stretch to staff abuse Corple all the way to promotion. He needs approximately 38 Warp / Fortify / Return uses, and assuming he saves all the civilians in C10, he still needs 28 uses of the expensive Warp / Fortify or Return staffs to get to 20. He can do it with Patty and a useless unit staying behind, but even after promotion he can't see any combat despite Holsety giving him insane combat parameters. 5 move ensures that he'll be lagging behind all the rest, and he only gets Holsety for that one chapter so his contributions are greatly limited. In addition, the only enemies he can reach are the Dark Mages and the initial swarm of Axe Knights from Dozel, the rest are either too far or too risky to attempt.

The defence growths from Lex x Sylvia doesn't make a significant difference. Leen already sees little combat as is, and Corple typically won't be seeing any combat at all. Elite doesn't help Corple's case as much as Valkyrie does, he is still horrible regardless of level. Valkyrie doesn't require Corple to be trained to make use of it, and you can preserve your main combat units that way.

I voted for Levin.

Why not? Corple does come halfway through chapter 9 with a Libro staff and anything Levin left for him. If something expensive like a return and barrier ring was inherited (not that the uses for those are that important) his money woes are diminished by 20k. If he uses a staff every turn for the rest of the chapter he can easily reach level 10 by the start of chapter 10 where he can start investing in warp and restore staves and if you are willing to give him...civilian levels. He can get extra uses with Leen dancing for him too (why not? you need him to move that guy over to Hannibal to recruit him anyways). Getting him to level 20 just depends on how much money you are really willing to spend for him. Corple is always going to be the same more/less before he promotes as he starts with an A staff rank regardless and is only going to differ in being able to use the valkyrie staff. Seeing as I've never had a need to use the Valkyrie before I found it useless. I mean in chapter 10 if you want your foot units to actually catch up to the mounted units you will need someone to warp them to the first castle anyways so you might as well seize the chance to level up Corple. Corple would also make a great restore staff user in this and the epilouge chapter because his resistance is actually existent in this game :blink:

His combat will never be great, but his combat in the final chapter will be significantly better compared to all possible other Corples that would result in another pairing. I mean he makes a fairly decent dodge tank against the army that comes out of Barbarha? and at least will somethings kill things rather than just never kill things. And if you calculate it correctly you can get him into prayer range and he becomes a better dodge tank than Levin :mellow:

As for Leen I'm probably one of the few people who prefer her to Layla. Why? Prayer lets her use the arena D: and helps her survivability (am I the only one who has trouble keeping the dancer from getting attacked?). There are enough forms of support bonuses in gen 2 what with the sibling, lover, leadership, and at least 2 forms of charisma.

best pairing. that's the title. not whether she should live or not.

And how is "not paired" not an option? Her best "pairing", as far as making the best units for the second generation go, could be not paired to make those other two. Or it could be one of the units you mentioned. Frankly, all of the polls you make about this should have "not paired" as an option.

Levin because first formost this not about any characters beside Corpul and Leen(Corpul Mostlt), Arthur and Sety will NOT be considered. Corpul gets holsety when he promotes, which is not THAT hard to do if you give him the elite ring, and Levin!Corpule ≥ Claude!Corpule in EVERY stat except restince which still is 40%

Levin because first formost this not about any characters beside Corpul and Leen(Corpul Mostlt), Arthur and Sety will NOT be considered. Corpul gets holsety when he promotes, which is not THAT hard to do if you give him the elite ring, and Levin!Corpule ≥ Claude!Corpule in EVERY stat except restince which still is 40%

I don't mean best pairing for Sylvia contingent upon making the best team overall. I just mean the best two characters you can get from the decision of what to do with Sylvia. You either get some version of Leen/Corpul, or you get Laylea/Sharlow. Either way, the characters are the result of the decision of what to do with Sylvia.

Pair her with Claude=Jokeage.

It's not like you need the Valkyire Staff when you can save after every turn and that Sharlow is better anyway with Elite (very useful) upon his joining time. What other use will you have for it other than Sacrificing a character in Chapter 10 to avoid battling Julius and Ishtar? The answer is...nonthing else! As Sharlow's Berserk Staff can do the same thing.

Pair her with Levin is a mistake when he is better to go with Tiltyu or Fury! =]

Lex-No. Her children dont need Elite and that Corple will get terrible Mag growth upon this pairing. Don't do it!

You probably only want to pair her with Alec to avoid her having to ruin your love triangle. Even though he is better to go with Lachesis.

Overall....she is useless and that you should kill her.

Edited by Jemnezmy

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly could not choose between Levin and Claude, so I went with the one that defies the odds. =D Azel and Alec come in a close second, and Holin gets an honorable mention because having a Leen that can actually fight a little is pretty cool.