What are the most retarded forums you came across with?

Junkhead

So, which are yours?

Personally, I think it's Gamefaqs and Neoseeker. Well, the latter is sometimes, it's just that even when it comes to game-related forums, it doesn't have a seperate spam board, it's like a huge Far From the Forest. Even the average moderator posting posting like normal and talking about sex in a game-related board.

And Gamefaqs is just worse, they have like +600 pages at the FERD section alone, a great part of the topics are rather spam or game-unrelated

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Serenes doesn't give walkthroughs like Gamefaqs. All video games websites needs a specialization, and we should all commend Gamefaqs for stepping out of their comfort zone to at least attempt a forum. Anyone else here think we should combat that by giving SF a walkthroughs section? Just an idea.

This one.

Seriously? i dont come across that many retarded forums.

I feel rather relieved at SF, it is more maintained, at least it has it's own spam board, in which, still is more secure than any game section of Gamefaqs and possibly Neoseeker.

But Serenes doesn't give walkthroughs like Gamefaqs. All video games websites needs a specialization, and we should all commend Gamefaqs for stepping out of their comfort zone to at least attempt a forum. Anyone else here think we should combat that by giving SF a walkthroughs section? Just an idea.

There is no need for a walkthrough on Fire Emblem, players would preffer to use their own stradegy and put their own minds on the game rather than copy what they see or read.

What would be the fun there? That is just like winning for nothing.

This hardly qualifies as a stupid forum, but FFtF can get out of hand. I know from experience.

Yeah, getting trolled makes it bad, especially since you're insisting on being that flamebait.

True, I always found the idea of giving walkthroughs for strategy games weird, I was just making a comment about a non-existant rivalry. I do enjoy reading walkthroughs though because it's fun to see how inferior their strategies are to mine. tongue.gif

To tell you the truth, out of all the forums i visit, this is the least maintained when it comes to trolls, spam, and stuff like that. The others i visit, two are vaguely moderated but since the general age range of those forums are 20-45, theres no real issue aside from adbots. Another forum is equipped with enough mods to usually crack down on stupid before it gets out of hand. Another, is relatively small and spam/trolls really were never an issue.

It seems like every week theres a new name on the ban list here. Or some idiot is shitdisturbing. That is a bit of problem. Its mostly in THIS section too. The other sections dont have a problem.

So, which are yours?

Personally, I think it's Gamefaqs and Neoseeker. Well, the latter is sometimes, it's just that even when it comes to game-related forums, it doesn't have a seperate spam board, it's like a huge Far From the Forest. Even the average moderator posting posting like normal and talking about sex in a game-related board.

And Gamefaqs is just worse, they have like +600 pages at the FERD section alone, a great part of the topics are rather spam or game-unrelated

That's the FE community, not the GameFAQs community. GameFAQs has a huge amount of social boards, there are just so many members that you can't exactly keep everyone from putting topics in the wrong area. There are 1600 members of this forum and topics get posted in the wrong section all the time, now look at the 2 million GameFAQs members and tell me it doesn't scale properly.

The FE community in general just sucks.

True, I always found the idea of giving walkthroughs for strategy games weird, I was just making a comment about a non-existant rivalry. I do enjoy reading walkthroughs though because it's fun to see how inferior their strategies are to mine. tongue.gif

We have something in common. :(

To tell you the truth, out of all the forums i visit, this is the least maintained when it comes to trolls, spam, and stuff like that. The others i visit, two are vaguely moderated but since the general age range of those forums are 20-45, theres no real issue aside from adbots. Another forum is equipped with enough mods to usually crack down on stupid before it gets out of hand. Another, is relatively small and spam/trolls really were never an issue.

It seems like every week theres a new name on the ban list here. Or some idiot is shitdisturbing. That is a bit of problem. Its mostly in THIS section too. The other sections dont have a problem.

Exactly. I don't think you'll see a twenty five year old trolling a forum, at least it is most unlikely. But don't get the wrong impression, all the names are usually Tatsumaki's alts, it'sn not like we see a new banned member every week or monthly either =/

And the only one who has been banned in around almost a month has been Luminothe, the other trolls were alternate accouts of other members who got banned, it's not like they troll everytime. And this only happens in Far from the Forest.

And what is the Report option for? It's not like the moderators guess everything out on which forums are being trolled when there are many boards to look at, and besides, the trolls are usually from the western area, that's why some mods aren't around the time they troll, which is usually at night.

That's the FE community, not the GameFAQs community. GameFAQs has a huge amount of social boards, there are just so many members that you can't exactly keep everyone from putting topics in the wrong area. There are 1600 members of this forum and topics get posted in the wrong section all the time, now look at the 2 million GameFAQs members and tell me it doesn't scale properly.

The FE community in general just sucks.

True, I was going to say sorry for mentioning Gfaqs since you know much more of it than me, so yeah...must be the FE section only =/

True, I was going to say sorry for mentioning Gfaqs since you know much more of it than me, so yeah...must be the FE section only =/

Nah, the GameFAQs community is pretty lame itself, just no worse than this one :P.

It seems like most Detective Conan forums are pretty bad, since the posters almost always tlk liek this and make incomplte snetences as if lstening to ppl talk in japaneese makes em forgot to wrt propeer engrish.

That and the Smogon forums. I see that the moderators want to promote intelligent discussion about the Pokemon metagame and thus are really harsh with posters, but they really take it too far. Locking perfectly good topics just because "it's not something we should discuss right now" points towards a few of the moderators being a little too power hungry.

"Retarted" isnt a word

I know coming from me it sounds retarded cause i always misspell

But yea :mellow:

You know, that is very ironic considering this is coming from someone who makes much, MUCH more grammar mistakes than me.

Not going to repeat this again. Just so you know.

Yes, this forum is moderated with a very light touch. The moderators don't really show their faces except when they're locking topics or taking disciplinary actions, and not even then, so it's impossible to know how much they read outside of reported posts. So far this "ghost moderation" hasn't presented a problem, on the surface at least everything is going smoothly, but it does promote an "us vs. them" mentality between ordinary members and staff. That mentality is one of the reasons behind a lot of the chaos GameFAQs has always had, I think (boards like Dragon Warrior III GBC where moderators are active posters are different).

I don't really frequent any other forums right now and the ones I do still visit from time to time aren't really comparable to Serenes Forest in size or in member demographics.

---

Bringing the topic back to Alan's first post, check this out.

Edited by Hero

Like I give a shit, just don't go around being that ironic on the sole purpose to make me realize I just made a slight mistake when you, sir, make "worser" mistakes in half of your posts.

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

Yes, this forum is moderated with a very light touch. The moderators don't really show their faces except when they're locking topics or taking disciplinary actions, and not even then, so it's impossible to know how much they read outside of reported posts. So far this "ghost moderation" hasn't presented a problem, on the surface at least everything is going smoothly, but it does promote an "us vs. them" mentality between ordinary members and staff. That mentality is one of the reasons behind a lot of the chaos GameFAQs has always had, I think (boards like Dragon Warrior III GBC where moderators are active posters are different).

I don't really frequent any other forums right now and the ones I do still visit from time to time aren't really comparable to Serenes Forest in size or in member demographics.

---

Bringing the topic back to Alan's first post, check this out.

Uh, Hero....how did you get that link in the first place?

So far this "ghost moderation" hasn't presented a problem, on the surface at least everything is going smoothly, but it does promote an "us vs. them" mentality between ordinary members and staff.

At least to me, it seems much worse on the IRC chat than in the forums. VASM seems like a decent enough guy (though he's admin, not mod class), though I think that... well, I'd not say that for my own good. Needless to say, I definitely feel that tension here. I can't say I like it when we've got mods that are basically just like us, but with mod powers. I'd almost prefer to be moderated by a machine than a man. Not that that's possible.

Of course, from what little I've seen here, they're doing a decent job as mods, but there is that power tension thing going on. I feel it all the time when I see one of the mods on.