Who do you usually.....?

I always plan on avoiding Haar but I end up needing him.

Besides Haar I always end up using Elincia, Edward, Ilyana, Astrid, Marcia, Sigrun, Tanith and Boyd. Somehow I feel I need them and unaware tend to feed them the most kills and they either make it to my main team, or get into top 5-20 kills.

Volug and Titania are some I like but avoid using due to their exp gain early game/chapters. Other characters I avoid are BK, Soren, Shinnon, Mia, Kieran, Royal laguz, Giffca, and Tauroneo; most for similar reasons except Soren and Mia who I dislike and Kieran is neglected along with Geoffrey so Devdan Astrid Marcia Callil or Makalov can take the experience.

As for characters I am annoyed by using Sothe is the first. Forcefully using him in every chapter he is available irritates me to no end. His exp gain in part one bothers me which is why I give him bronze knives so other units get kills. Then it is these characters I am annoyed by Ranulf, Volug, Black Knight, Lucia, Tibarn, and Geoffrey for similar reasons. Other characters I am annoyed by are Vika, Nealuchi, and Lethe, unlike the above (except Lucia and Geoffrey) I do enjoy using them but their gauges reduce their performance and their caps are not so great in endgame.

Characters I have never tried in this game are Nailah, Rolf, Gatrie, Lyre, Lehran, Stefan, Bastian, Jannaf, Ulki, Renning, Volke, Gareth, and Oliver.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't stand not using heather and sothe, I love thief classes :awesome:

I even tried using Meg and Fiona, with 1 chapter to baby them and they're the best (at least for meg untill caps come in for meg...)

never used prepromotes or not royal, not skrimir laguz

Fiona is very hard to train

after soloing ch.7 she will have caught up with the rest of your team.

(shield with unequiped units, they'll still attack Fiona. Imbue helps you heal her)

after soloing ch.7 she will have caught up with the rest of your team.

Unless you have her kill everything, I doubt that very much. Maybe on EM if you've been training everyone equally it's easier to have her catch up, but otherwise? If you have her kill everything it'll take over 20 turns. That's not very acceptable for most of us. I'm thinking 10 turns for the bexp, let's be kind and go to 12 or 13 to allow for the late reinforcements, she gets maybe 10 kills? That's not going to catch her up very quickly.

(shield with unequiped units, they'll still attack Fiona. Imbue helps you heal her)

Yeah, except the only way to make her not suck is if you spend a long time on the map. Many of us don't see that as permissible.

there are enough other chapters to get lots of Bexp.

Fiona has lots of movement, and will help speed up other chapters

But I don't think this topic is all about Fiona, so let's keep our opinions for other topics...

I avoid using Sothe as much as possible, due to the fact that he's totally useless in Part 4, and therefore is a waste of EXP. Besides, watching him get doubled in 4E2 by a Swordsmaster is hilarious. :lol:

Also, I don't bother with Rolf as he takes too much babying to be good, unlike Shinon who is useable right away. And since I'm playing on loleasy mode, I don't bother with Laguz Royals or Gareth/Nasir.

Oh and I'm annoyed with Ranulf being forced in most of the chapters in part 3, instead of him being optional (which would mean I could use Oscar instead).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Units I use in every run: Aran, Tauroneo, Soren, Rolf, Shinnon, Gatrie, Tanith, Sigrun, Rhys, Haar, Oscar, Titania,

Mia, and Zihark.

Units I avoid: Cat Laguz, Edward, Leonardo, Fiona, Meg, Jill, Tormod, Vika, Marcia, Astrid, and Makalov.

Edited by Generic Officer

Units I tend to avoid:

Vika

Pelleas

Edward

Cat Laguz

Jill

Tormod

Soren

Meg

Boyd

Danved

Nephenee

Units I tend to use:

Calill

Mist

Laura

Ilyana

Marcia

Sigrun

Tanith

Elincia

Aran

Units I get annoyed by:

Vika

Pelleas

Edward

Cat Laguz

Jill

Nephenee

Edited by Richter Renard

Fiona has lots of movement, and will help speed up other chapters

You seem to have forgotten the fact that she has the same movement due to being Indoors for nearly every map. Then there's 3-6 which doesn't even allow her to leave the place she starts in. So helpful.

I usually shape my team during the entire game for Endgame. The only characters I use that I don't bring for Endgame are Haar, Kieran, Marcia, Nolan, Mordecai and Volug. My usual team is something like Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Oscar, Rolf, Boyd, Mia, Mist, Nephenee and Jill. The other spots are filled by Tibarn, Caineghis and Naesala.

Every one else gets some slight use in a few maps and then isn't used any more.

Edited by Krad

People I refuse to use: Nealuchi (fugly as shit, and WTH? at his Skill), Kyza (Mordecai and Muarim fulfill all my Tiger-needs, thanks), Laura (other than healing during Part 1), Cat Laguz in general (-4 Gauge per battle? You're kidding me, right?), Tormod (He's never there anyways. And he sucks), Rhys (he never makes it through the map unless I box him in with like 5 other guys/girls), Oliver (I usually see the kinds of him in my nightmares lurking aournd in dark alleys at night), Ena (other than Blood Tiding stuff), Stephan (I might make an exception for him though).

I usually tend to avoid using Laguz due to lack of 2-range and Gauge.

On a side note, apparently Quickclaw/Maelstrom only activate when the user gets hit. And with a shitty activation rate. Anyone else noticed this or am I just plain unlucky?

Edited by catastrophe_2

end up using: or avoiding get annoyed by or never tried

Avoided but end up using: Ike. He's broken. And Gatrie too.

Avoided: Tauroneo, Nealuchi, Elincia, Jeigan

Annoyed by: Rolf and Astrid. I liked training low level units, but these are some examples of low level + low growth. In FE10 everyone has crazy growth, so, for example, the same 40% is high in other games but low in FE10.

Didn't even try: People in my "avoided" list, plus Kurth, Ena, Tibarn, Giffca, Caineghis. Also, Meg and Fiona. I don't hate them, but Part 1 is really unfriendly towards the user. It's mainly the unit limit that doesn't allow much people to be used.

People I love using... (In no particular order)

Leonardo

Brom

Astrid

Sigrun

Tauroneo

Giffca

Lucia

Heather

Stefan

Mia

Haar

People I won't use no matter what, unless I'm forced to... (In no particular order)

Lethe

Lyre

Ranulf

Shinon

Soren

Volug

Indifferent to

Everyone else.

I usually shape my team during the entire team for Endgame.

me too

On a side note, apparently Quickclaw/Maelstrom only activate when the user gets hit. And with a shitty activation rate. Anyone else noticed this or am I just plain unlucky?

noticed

Well, Soren is a MUST in every PT. seriously, I couldn't imagine one without him participating. I generally avoid Laguz. As for weapon types I prefer Anima>Bow>Light>Lance=Axe=Sword>>Dark(although Pelleas is awesome)

He's not great, but he is among Calil and Soren as one of the best archsages

Of course, that may be true, but it's not like any of them are that great to begin with. Plus, Pelleas is horridly underleveled and lacks the skill to have decent hit with dark or thunder magic. He doesn't even get to throw on a paragon scroll in 4-2 since he joins at the start of turn 2. If he did have that opportunity, he'd probably go up just for that alone.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

He's not great, but he is among Calil and Soren as one of the best archsages

I beg to differ. Being mediocre at best != being among the best archsages. Besides, he comes underleveled. Also, as RP said, it's not as if any of them are that great.

Edited by Richter Renard

I beg to differ. Being mediocre at best != being among the best archsages. Besides, he comes underleveled.

underleveled doesn't mean shit to me considering the way I play. I'm completely content with using a mediocre class. (I'm stubborn btw)

I beg to differ. Being mediocre at best != being among the best archsages. Besides, he comes underleveled. Also, as RP said, it's not as if any of them are that great.

underleveled doesn't mean shit to me considering the way I play. I'm completely content with using a mediocre class. (I'm stubborn btw)

Well, I primarily stick with EM, so I can easily field lots of mages without too many problems, and I've always got >100,000 BEXP by part 4, so I don't have that big of an issue with underleveledness. However, sages lose lots of points for having weak tomes (max forge is a 10 Mt fire + 3 with cards vs. 19 Mt Silver Axe +3), and SS weapons with 15 uses compared to 50 for the SS weapons. The fact that they all have horrid speed growths doesn't help. Really, Soren's the only decent one for a good run, and even liking sages as I do, it's not hard to see that they went from really good to downright mediocre at best.

Yeah i shamelessly play Easy Mode so i can use a variety of units and see how they turn out.

Aside from Ike and Micaiah

People i use no matter what (in one way or the other):

Soren. and how.

Kieran

Volug

Nolan

Laura (part 1 mostly)

Fiona (yeah snark all you want, i like her.)

Marcia

Haar

Edward (only in part 1)

Jill (in some way or another)

Titania

Elincia

Pelleas

Shinon

Mist

Sigrun

Mordecai

People i sometimes use.

Nealuchi (he can be handy for chip damage)

Lethe

Zihark

Mia (rarely)

Boyd

Rolf

Aran

Nephenee

Tanith

Gatrie

Vika

Naesala

Sanaki

Tibarn (well you have to field him. Same with Sanaki)

Herons

Oscar

Makalov

Meg

Kurthnaga

Folks i never use or really loathe using:

Nailah (shes too overpowered!)

Nasir

Gareth

Sothe

Leonardo

Tormod

Muarim

Danved

Calill

Lucia

Geoffery

Bastian

Lyre

Heather (i use her for stealing. thats it)

Ranulf

Giffca

Cainaghis

Rhys

Volke (i use him during the chapter i get him but after that, nope.)

Stefan

Edited by Florina