Fire Emblem All-Stars?

Eswandar

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/02/06/fire-emblem-staff-talk-shadow-dragon-in-conference-call/

Near the end of the interview they talk about maybe making a FE "All Stars" game, with characters taken from all the FE games. I personally am not in love with the idea, but if it did happen who would you want to see?

I would love to see Lucius, Hector, Farina, Raven, Heath, Lute, Ephraim, Nephenee, Gatrie, Boyd, Kieran, Aran, and Haar.

What do you guys think?

If one were to happen, I'd imagine it'd go some of the way Dissidia: Final Fantasy did, and put in some of the main characters as the heroes, and their nemesises as the villains. But I don't really know how such a scenario would play out in an FE game. Maybe even time paradoxes might be implemented. But right now, I'd think Vincent might have a clear idea about how it would play out if IS really is making an All-Stars FE.

But if it were to happen, a lot of characters are on my "I want in" list, with Hector, Lyn, Sigurd, Dierdre, Cuan, Ethlin, Ike, Elincia, Eliwood, Ninian, Roy, and Lilina at the top of it.

I SO hope they don't do that...they're gonna totally scew everything by making the games more childish and spin-off like...that isn't even what to expect from FIRE EMBLEM, sure, it could happen with Sega or Mario but NEVER FIRE EMBLEM.

My sentiments on the matter are the same as Alan's, though I'd express it differently.

Bringing back old characters from multiple games is a cheap gimmick that will require a ridiculous, complicated and most likely inconsistent plot to pull off. In addition to ruining the plot, it also sets a pretty low bar for the new game's designers in terms of creativity and innovation, since nobody's expecting to see anything new.

The idea also strikes me as disrespectful to the creators of the earlier games in the series, many of which are no longer with Intelligent Systems.

It doesn't seem plausible, but if it happened, I'd have all the people that play an important part. Which would be Marth, Shiida, Jeigan, Sigurd, Diadora, Cuan, Ethlin, Leaf, Nanna, Roy, Lilina, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike and Micaiah. The bosses would be the major enemies (aka Yurius, Medeus, Nergal, etc.) Both Black Knight and Idoun can join, but depending on whether or not Ike or Roy is higher leveled one would join (if Ike is stronger BK joins, vice versa for Roy and Idoun), though they'd both serve as minor antagonists. AsheraXLoputousu's son (holy shit) would be the final boss.

And we'd actually be able to control generic armies as player units, but their stuff is non-transferrable unless you give them stuff, but they can return that item if they want (e.g. I give a Cavalier who has only an Iron Lance a Javelin. He can trade me back the Javelin but not the Iron Lance).

He said it was only an aspiration before we get too carried away, but if it were to happen I'd presume that you can extract characters from previous games in the series you own or a premade set for those new to the series

It doesn't seem plausible, but if it happened, I'd have all the people that play an important part. Which would be Marth, Shiida, Jeigan, Sigurd, Diadora, Cuan, Ethlin, Leaf, Nanna, Roy, Lilina, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike and Micaiah. The bosses would be the major enemies (aka Yurius, Medeus, Nergal, etc.) Both Black Knight and Idoun can join, but depending on whether or not Ike or Roy is higher leveled one would join (if Ike is stronger BK joins, vice versa for Roy and Idoun), though they'd both serve as minor antagonists. AsheraXLoputousu's son (holy shit) would be the final boss.

And we'd actually be able to control generic armies as player units, but their stuff is non-transferrable unless you give them stuff, but they can return that item if they want (e.g. I give a Cavalier who has only an Iron Lance a Javelin. He can trade me back the Javelin but not the Iron Lance).

WTF!! but really Ashera has bad stats just a good weapon, so that wouldn't be that that great.

coming out as a real game? don't think that would work. I'd love to see it as a fan-made GBA hack though :P

I'd love to see Serra, L'Arachel, Makalov and Gonzales back in that :awesome:

and of course Lute, Erk, Nephenee, Mia and Matthew B)

EDIT: wait, would it be 3d with 3rd tiers? wanna see Lute in 3d! :drool:

Edited by whase

WTF!! but really Ashera has bad stats just a good weapon, so that wouldn't be that that great.

It would still be super awesome. Some Branded Dragon guy or something who's even more crazy than Yurius while being a lot stronger and having a combo of Judge and Lopto as a weapon.

Oh my god what have I just created.

Gonna be weird to bring stateside since FE2-5 have yet to be released in the West in some form if they decide to include characters from those games.

Anyway, this sounds lame. Don't cash in on Dissidia lameness, IS. Give us a new world to explore already.

Edited by El Rey León

What the hell, people. This sounds great. Although it is kind of gimmicky, I'm still all for it.

If Dheginsea, Black Knight and Tibarn (my holy trinity) are in it, I'm satisfied.

Edited by Nightmare

What the hell, people. This sounds great. Although it is kind of gimmicky, I'm still all for it.

If Dheginsea, Black Knight and Tibarn (my holy trinity) are in it, I'm satisfied.

GOLDOA SHALL NOT MOVE!However,to kick your ass,I shall make one exception...*formshift*

Gonna be weird to bring stateside since FE2-5 have yet to be released in the West in some form if they decide to include characters from those games.

Anyway, this sounds lame. Don't cash in on Dissidia lameness, IS. Give us a new world to explore already.

FE6 as well.

I don't think it would be too bad in that area though. After all, they did leave in Marth and Roy in Melee. Two characters from a virtually unknown franchise outside of Japan.

Depending on how this is laid out, I think it could work. :3

However, I think they'd be using the main lords and 3 or so other major characters from the games. My picks would be these out of the games I've played:

FE9/10:

- Ike

- Elincia

- Soren

- Titania

- Ranulf (just so we have a laguz representative, plus Ranulf has pretty big roles in both games anyway)

FE8:

- Ephraim

- Eirika

- Seth

- Tana

FE7:

- Lyn

- Eliwood

- Hector

- Sain

- Kent

I haven't played enough of Shadow Dragon, but obviously Marth is a pick too, as well as Caeda.

It's a pretty bizarre idea, thought it does have merit when it comes to introducing the rest of the world to the rest of the series. Why not have an all-stars game to show the rest of the world a small taste of the rest of the series?

It could go either way, but I could see how it could be a smart move on a selling standpoint to the rest of the world.