why did black knight kill spoiler

Sasori

Why did zelgius kill greil if he was only interested in testing his power.

When he spared scrimir he said he would always avoid killing someone but he still killed his teacher while he lets his enemy whome he doen't even know live .

I'm guessing it's because the BK was unaware of the fact that Greil had weakened himself by slashing the tendons in his sword hand, and therefore thought that Greil would not be killed so easily. I don't think that the BK expected to win and defeat Greil at that point; it just happened.

I just loved the old way where we don't have to kill him but we get a special reward for doing so (except Nasir over Ena really isn't much of an award...). And if you get unlucky, you have to redo the entire battle.

The battle is pretty much the opposite in FE10. You go from no criticals or doubling but skills are allowed, difficulty, going through an entire battle, Ragnell necessary, Mist to help you, and winning unnecessary, to no skills but crits and doubling, easiness, at the start of the battle, Ragnell unnecessary, no Mist, and winning is necessary. It seems like they tried to change it as much as possible.

The Black Knight was cooler back in FE9, with his ridiculous stats and actually difficult boss fight and armor that was actually blessed.

Also IMO the themes for the BK in FE9 VS Fe10 sound diff, and I like FE9's better.

(in battle theme)

I also disliked the "oh I wasn't fighting at my full power" excuse in FE9, or the japanese version. (which was something like, the warp power made me weak)

The battle is pretty much the opposite in FE10. You go from no criticals or doubling but skills are allowed, difficulty, going through an entire battle, Ragnell necessary, Mist to help you, and winning unnecessary, to no skills but crits and doubling, easiness, at the start of the battle, Ragnell unnecessary, no Mist, and winning is necessary. It seems like they tried to change it as much as possible.

Well, one thing I didn't like about the BK fight in FE9 (IIRC) is that in order to get a chance to activate aether as much as possible, you have to take risks. If Ike has 29 def, the BK does 19 damage per hit, and 33 w/ luna. If you got slightly HP-lucky Ike should be ok w/ a luna and a normal attack, but if the BK attacks w/ luna twice in a row w/out mist healing you will die. Since mist can only heal once for every 2 rounds of fighting, if you get 3 lunas in a row you can die from trying to attack as much as possible. And I've seen this happen twice in something like 11 PTs...I also tend to proc aether a lot less than I know I should during the BK fight, even though Ike normally seems to over-proc it.

Also IMO the themes for the BK in FE9 VS Fe10 sound diff, and I like FE9's better.

(in battle theme)

I also disliked the "oh I wasn't fighting at my full power" excuse in FE9, or the japanese version. (which was something like, the warp power made me weak)

Well, one thing I didn't like about the BK fight in FE9 (IIRC) is that in order to get a chance to activate aether as much as possible, you have to take risks. If Ike has 29 def, the BK does 19 damage per hit, and 33 w/ luna. If you got slightly HP-lucky Ike should be ok w/ a luna and a normal attack, but if the BK attacks w/ luna twice in a row w/out mist healing you will die. Since mist can only heal once for every 2 rounds of fighting, if you get 3 lunas in a row you can die from trying to attack as much as possible. And I've seen this happen twice in something like 11 PTs...I also tend to proc aether a lot less than I know I should during the BK fight, even though Ike normally seems to over-proc it.

It's not really that bad. Just attack from range on player phase. You get extra damage, but no shot at Aether. On enemy phase, BK attacks Ike at 1 range. You still get 5 chances of Aether, and on top of that you get an extra 45 damage. I think doing it that way the BK heals so much that you still need to Aether once, though. I think Ike does 9 damage a shot, right? 90 damage, but I forget how much BK heals and how many hp he has.

If Ike can take a Luna and a regular shot then Mist can keep healing him. Recover staff.

Of course, having those other enemies makes the whole thing more annoying. A raised Mist can easily ORKO the bishop and either Runesword or Sonic Sword the other enemies on enemy phase. Mist loses one chance of healing Ike, though. I'm not sure she can take two hits from the other enemies, but she probably can. One thing I've never been willing to test though is if BK will attack Mist, since that makes using the Recover staff more difficult. Mist wouldn't be able to fully heal Ike with physic if Ike got hit by a normal hit + Luna. Two normal hits she can't heal either since 19x2 = 38 and she can handle 36 hp at the most. Still, 19 + 33 = 52 so a Seraph Robe means you can lose 2 hp a couple of times and be fine. This way, Ike should have at least 58 hp and at least 28 def most of the time. 60 and 29 is simple enough on fixed mode.

I was under the assumption that BK wouldn't attack Mist, so I just put her right next to Ike, and just as I expected, BK didn't attack her. And than she was killed by the halberdier that appears... Don't worry, I've raised her ever since. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

@NinjaMonkey: That's what I meant.

@Narga: What do you mean, since when does attacking BK from a distance do extra damage? And I'm pretty sure BK will attack you from a distance if you only attack him from a distance, though once you attack him up close, he will only attack you up close for the rest of the battle. If Ike has capped strength and attacks BK twice a turn, he will do exactly enough damage to win. Finally, the halberdier that appears absolutely sucks. Seriously. He's like level 1 with terrible stats, except he earned himself a spear for some reason.

I was under the assumption that BK wouldn't attack Mist, so I just put her right next to Ike, and just as I expected, BK didn't attack her. And than she was killed by the halberdier that appears... Don't worry, I've raised her ever since. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

@NinjaMonkey: That's what I meant.

@Narga: What do you mean, since when does attacking BK from a distance do extra damage? And I'm pretty sure BK will attack you from a distance if you only attack him from a distance, though once you attack him up close, he will only attack you up close for the rest of the battle. If Ike has capped strength and attacks BK twice a turn, he will do exactly enough damage to win. Finally, the halberdier that appears absolutely sucks. Seriously. He's like level 1 with terrible stats, except he earned himself a spear for some reason.

If you have a seriously underleveled mist, the halberdier is strong enough to kill her.

IIRC someone found a way to beat the BK if Ike had max strength without using Aether.

Ya I think it will work out damagewise. You don't need any skills as long as luna isn't activating too often and mist is healing, since you can attack every turn. You do 12 damage to the BK every round (renewal) so in 5 rounds if you attack every turn, you do exactly his HP.

However, Ike probably has around 88% chance to hit so you need to get lucky to do it 10 times in a row. I don't know what your chances are in true hit terms, though normally it'd be about a 30% chance to kill with just attack and no aether. At that point though, you can use 2 goddess statues (it's not like anyone is capping luck) which raises your chances to about 65%, and you probably are nearly 100% in true-hit by that point.

IIRC someone found a way to beat the BK if Ike had max strength without using Aether.

I'm pretty sure the Wrath and Adept combo can be used just as well as Aether.

I think there may be something I want to test though, with the Wrath and Nihil combo. I'm pretty sure Nihil on Ike means the Black Knight will never Luna Ike, so that would help Ike last longer.

Hate Black Knight? Heck yeah. He kills people with no defense. I'm surprised no one mentioned Lotz here (although whether he is actually dead is never explicitly shown, just like Levail and many other plotholes from IntSys).

The whole "Warp Powder" thing makes little sense either. I'd rather want to see Black Knight already killed by Ike back then. Ah well. You can't expect much story consistency in IntSys's games.

However, Ike probably has around 88% chance to hit so you need to get lucky to do it 10 times in a row. I don't know what your chances are in true hit terms

88% disp = 97.24% true.

90% disp = 98.10% true

92% disp = 98.80% true

:)

Ya I think it will work out damagewise. You don't need any skills as long as luna isn't activating too often and mist is healing, since you can attack every turn. You do 12 damage to the BK every round (renewal) so in 5 rounds if you attack every turn, you do exactly his HP.

However, Ike probably has around 88% chance to hit so you need to get lucky to do it 10 times in a row. I don't know what your chances are in true hit terms, though normally it'd be about a 30% chance to kill with just attack and no aether. At that point though, you can use 2 goddess statues (it's not like anyone is capping luck) which raises your chances to about 65%, and you probably are nearly 100% in true-hit by that point.

I'm not sure if this is true but I think the bishop that comes out can heal the black knight.

Sounds like killing him is one of your priorities during the PoR BK battle.

Any clue to how much he heals though?

I think it's around 21 or so, but could be as high as 27. He uses a physic staff to heal.

Edited by Randomly Predictable