Best GBA Swordmaster

Just call me AL

Who is the best GBA SM?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Best SM

Chad has good supports and good earlygame combat.

Lance and Marcus could kill him? They definitely aren't doubling and can be Crit-fucked.

lol 15/1 Dieck probably would rape Henning, but that's kinda extreme for Dieck

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance and Marcus could kill him? They definitely aren't doubling and can be Crit-fucked.

What the- Of course not! He does crappy damage and only has decent Avo against javelines and steel lances, but he gets OHKO'd by steel lances in NORMAL MODE. The only thing he would do right against are fighters...which he either 2 or 3RKO's.

Asthol makes a better fighter.

Wasn't using anyone he supported, his combat was bad even against axe users (if he fucks up, he's dead in one shot).

I don't remember exactly what I did, but Rutger was definitely on the other side of the map, taking on reinforcements with Dieck. Bad idea, but I didn't know what to expect.

Maybe a bit, but it's still only 10 levels in 8 chapters.

wtf @ Chad being bad against axe users and not getting Lugh/Ellen supports

wtf @ someone saying Dieck is slow when he could promote at his base level and be faster than half the units in the game or more

Edited by Inui

Well like I said, not only did I not want to use Chad, I wasn't using Lugh and Ellen was getting benched after I got Saul. C Lugh takes 20 turns, which isn't bad at all, but I didn't use him long enough to warrant that. C Ellen takes 60 turns. Would I really waste that much time on people I don't plan on using?

Chad's immediately one-shotted by axe users and doesn't do enough damage to them for it to matter. Just use Marcus.

You would defeneatly want to get him to 20 before promoting him...there are very hard enemies later on. And there are even mercenaries FASTER and STRONGER than him when they aren't even promoted.

He's also not hit. You're sandbagging him.

0378fireemblemsealedswo.png

0378fireemblemsealedswor.png

(not my save)

Chad has a chance of instantly being nuked by this guy. That is terrible.

I WILL LET CHAD DO HIS EIGHT DAMAGE, AND I AM GOING TO LIKE IT

edit: this is chapter 5 btw

Edited by Saloma

I find it hard to believe he'll never find a chance to fight one with 10 or less hp.

Same here, since nobody is one-rounding based on Str alone besides like...Steel Blade!Dieck/Rutger maybe.

Chad can hop in a forest and avoid a OHKO btw. Also, check out how horrible the Hit is anyways. 23, lol. He can just go into a forest, turn it into 3, and gain a level from his next kill or fighting twice, and get faster (80% Spd growth ftw).

Or I could just kill it with someone else (like RUTGER maybe!) and not bother. Doing 10 damage to a 32 HP fighter is not helping, and this is the enemy type Chad does the best against (by FAR). He's useful enough as a thief, he doesn't need to pretend to be Rutger.

Or I could just kill it with someone else (like RUTGER maybe!) and not bother. Doing 10 damage to a 32 HP fighter is not helping, and this is the enemy type Chad does the best against (by FAR). He's useful enough as a thief, he doesn't need to pretend to be Rutger.

Considering the extreme density of enemies in this chapter and that Rutger can't one-round with a critical, yes, Chad's damage is helpful. lol 32 HP Brigands. Reducing them to 22 lets Dieck, Lance, Rutger, Alan, or Marcus kill them. Or, better yet, have Chad finish for huge EXP for the Experience rank and/or making him better.

Considering the extreme density of enemies in this chapter and that Rutger can't one-round with a critical, yes, Chad's damage is helpful. lol 32 HP Brigands. Reducing them to 22 lets Dieck, Lance, Rutger, Alan, or Marcus kill them. Or, better yet, have Chad finish for huge EXP for the Experience rank and/or making him better.

Rutger and Dieck two round, Rutger pretty much never gets hit (Dieck too, but less so) and can afford to stand near a bunch of guys because they don't get oneshot. Chad is completely unneeded. Also who cares about the EXP rank, and what part of "I don't want to use Chad for combat" do you not get?

Why didn't he bother to use the damn forest?

They are sandbagging Chad.

Rutger and Dieck two round, Rutger pretty much never gets hit (Dieck too, but less so) and can afford to stand near a bunch of guys because they don't get oneshot. Chad is completely unneeded. Also who cares about the EXP rank, and what part of "I don't want to use Chad for combat" do you not get?

Ranked tier lists care.

Just because you don't want to, doesn't make him bad at it. If he's doubling and Alan isn't (very possible) and Roy's not doubling (also very possible), then Chad's offense is far from bottom tier in Chapter 5.