Best GBA Swordmaster

Just call me AL

Who is the best GBA SM?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Best SM

...I don't think you understand any of what I'm saying. I was not saying Chad is a bad character in a ranked run, I was saying that I did not want to use Chad in my run. I was not using Lugh or Ellen, did not want him fighting if I can help it, and would only use him and Astohl to steal. Quit shoving your opinion on me like this.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol people get so hostile so easily

You said Chad sucks in combat so you don't use him. Chad sucking against axe d00ds = clearly false. At least not sucking to the point where his ~10 Dmg is bad, since nobody is one-rounding reliably, if at all yet. I'm not trying to say "YOU SHOULD USE HIM OR YOU SUCK!" I'm merely saying you assessment of his use is incorrect, and that's not a matter of opinion.

lol I like how you jump on me for not liking Chad and I'm the hostile one. Chad has a chance of death from a single round and does negligible damage (it sure as hell is when you're using a team of Marcus, Dieck, Rutger, Alan, Lance and Lot). That is sucking in my book. You try and justify it by saying he's chipping, but why would I keep a unit around just to chip? Does that mean Wolt is good too?

I expressed disagreement with your stance on Chad being bad at combat in the earlygame (it's true, he's not bad, whether you refuse to believe it or not). In addition to that, he's fairly good in the Western Isles.

I never once said anything insulting, never used an explanation point to show emotions like anger/excitement...I'm just saying Chad is fine for combat while you're saying he's terrible for it.

Anyways, Chad's "chipping" is 10+ Dmg, which is far more than Wolt's single hit for like 5-6 or something, and Chad has an enemy phase. If you look at the Brigands/Fighters, they have 32+ HP, which is crazy. Rutger, Marcus, Lance, Alan, and Dieck all fail to one-round without a critical (enemies have Lck in this game, Rutger's Killing Edge isn't infinite and needs to be saved for ridiculous bosses) and enemy density is really, really high. They swarm you. They outnumber you by a lot. Chad can set up kills and get kills after the others attack, and there are a lot of chances for him to do this given the high enemy density and power.

Edited by Inui

I expressed disagreement with your stance on Chad being bad at combat in the earlygame (it's true, he's not bad, whether you refuse to believe it or not). In addition to that, he's fairly good in the Western Isles.

Slow axe wielders, the only kind of people he can ever try and hit. Immediately after this, he's total garbage in combat. I haven't really looked at numbers, but if the enemy isn't using an axe he's probably dead.

I never once said anything insulting, never used an explanation point to show emotions like anger/excitement...
lol people get so hostile so easily

Come on man, this was two posts ago.

I'm just saying Chad is fine for combat while you're saying he's terrible for it.

Ten damage is pretty terrible in my book, which is why I do not use him.

Anyways, Chad's "chipping" is 10+ Dmg, which is far more than Wolt's single hit for like 5-6 or something, and Chad has an enemy phase. If you look at the Brigands/Fighters, they have 32+ HP, which is crazy. Rutger, Marcus, Lance, Alan, and Dieck all fail to one-round with a critical (enemies have Lck in this game, Rutgers Killing Edge isn't infinite and needs to be saved for ridiculous bosses) and enemy density is really, really high. They swarm you. They outnumber you by a lot. Chad can set up kills and get kills after the others attack, and there are a lot of chances for him to do this given the high enemy density and power.

So Chad hits a single enemy for 10 damage altogether, then someone else kills it. Then on the enemy phase, all the other dudes attack your guys anyway, pretty much completely negating the point. If he's giving us a positive, it isn't much and can be safely ignored.

Slow axe wielders, the only kind of people he can ever try and hit. Immediately after this, he's total garbage in combat. I haven't really looked at numbers, but if the enemy isn't using an axe he's probably dead.

He can peck at Archers and double loldiers (they don't one-shot him at all by the time Chapter 6 happens, and Steel/Javelin have rly bad Hit, and he should have a C with Lugh for +5 Evd). His offense isn't useful beyond that until the Western Isles, where being a speedy d00d with a sword is h4x again.

Come on man, this was two posts ago.

Mentioning that you are being hostile is an insult? Since when? Are our skins so thin that such a thing is considered an insult now?

Ten damage is pretty terrible in my book, which is why I do not use him.

"Your book" is wrong. Marcus and his 10 Str can double those guys for 15x2 and they are still alive. Chad swoops in for the kill after that, stopping the Brigand/Fighter from being a threat on the enemy phase and/or clearing the enemy to make room for someone else to advance, which is better and more efficient than letting the Brigand/Fighter run to a fort to heal or attack you on his terms.

So Chad hits a single enemy for 10 damage altogether, then someone else kills it. Then on the enemy phase, all the other dudes attack your guys anyway, pretty much completely negating the point. If he's giving us a positive, it isn't much and can be safely ignored.

An enemy was removed from combat on the player phase, meaning they can't attack you on their terms on their phase, and it made things safer for the team, and this can happen almost every turn. Chad's combat in Chapter 5 and the Western Isles (lol 40 HP enemies) is useful if you aim to meet your rankings requirements or just want to be efficient. Either way, Chad's useful for fighting to some degree.

Chad has the best growths outside of Fa and Karel.

HP: 85

Str: 50

SkL: 50

Spd: 80

Lck: 60

Def: 25

Res: 15

I once made a thread at FEFF about a hypothetical Marcus with Chad's growths and we determined it turned him into Seth/Titania, lmao.

He can peck at Archers and double loldiers (they don't one-shot him at all by the time Chapter 6 happens, and Steel/Javelin have rly bad Hit, and he should have a C with Lugh for +5 Evd). His offense isn't useful beyond that until the Western Isles, where being a speedy d00d with a sword is h4x again.

And then on the enemy phase he can't counter the archers and soldiers with javvies. Lugh is once again, not being used in my file. His damage is uneeded, now that Dieck is promoted and Rutger is... well, Rutger.

Mentioning that you are being hostile is an insult? Since when? Are our skins so thin that such a thing is considered an insult now?

Coming from you, it definitely seemed like one. I wasn't offended, more amused about you thinking I'm taking this at all seriously.

"Your book" is wrong. Marcus and his 10 Str can double those guys for 15x2 and they are still alive. Chad swoops in for the kill after that, stopping the Brigand/Fighter from being a threat on the enemy phase and/or clearing the enemy to make room for someone else to advance, which is better and more efficient than letting the Brigand/Fighter run to a fort to heal or attack you on his terms.

Marcus doubles the fighter, it attacks on enemy phase and dies. Not a big difference, you're going to have guys attacking him anyway.

An enemy was removed from combat on the player phase, meaning they can't attack you on their terms on their phase, and it made things safer for the team, and this can happen almost every turn. Chad's combat in Chapter 5 and the Western Isles (lol 40 HP enemies) is useful if you aim to meet your rankings requirements or just want to be efficient. Either way, Chad's useful for fighting to some degree.

An brigand/fighter attacking the people I'm using (Dieck, Rutger, Marcus, Alen, Lance, Lot to some extent) means pretty much nothing, since all but one use swords, and lol axes against swords in this game.

You keep trying to push the point about Chad, but it just doesn't matter. His efforts are simply lost on me, and I am not using him this playthrough. Considering this is what we've been talking about this entire time (even if you didn't realize it) I'm not sure why you keep trying to persuade me otherwise.

Chad has the best growths outside of Fa and Karel.

HP: 85

Str: 50

SkL: 50

Spd: 80

Lck: 60

Def: 25

Res: 15

I once made a thread at FEFF about a hypothetical Marcus with Chad's growths and we determined it turned him into Seth/Titania, lmao.

That was you?

Anyway he would be the best asasain if he could promote

His growth probably made up for the lack of him promoting

Saloma, I think my point was completely lost on you. You said Chad sucks at combat or something along those lines, or was useless in combat. That is clearly wrong. I have demonstrated that he is useful for combat purposes. It doesn't matter if you're not using him. That doesn't make him not useful for combat. I'm not telling you to use him. I'm telling you that you are wrong about his utility as a fighter.

Edited by Inui

Alan is

Chad cant promote

Did you notice my grammar in that post?

How is it possible that no one voted for Karla?

I would, but it would make me look ridiculous, I voted for Karel first :C

Saloma, I think my point was completely lost on you. You said Chad sucks at combat or something along those lines, or was useless in combat. That is clearly wrong. I have demonstrated that he is useful for combat purposes. It doesn't matter if you're not using him. That doesn't make him useful for combat. I'm not telling you to use him. I'm telling you that you are wrong about his utility as a fighter.

Well like I said, as this is an opinionated topic and my opinion is that Chad's combat is not worth using, you shouldn't waste your time. Saying he does 10 damage on a fighter isn't going to change my mind. If this was talking about Chad being tiered, then sure it'd have merit, but since it isn't I can give my stance on the matter.

I said before, his increase in efficiency is small at best, when everyone is almost invincible against those guys and two rounds.

If an opinion is wrong, then it isn't an opinion. My opinion is that Chad's help in combat isn't worth fielding him over someone else, while yours is that it is. Your proof hasn't swayed me, so it's still my opinion.

I said before, his increase in efficiency is small at best, when everyone is almost invincible against those guys and two rounds.

If an opinion is wrong, then it isn't an opinion. My opinion is that Chad's help in combat isn't worth fielding him over someone else, while yours is that it is. Your proof hasn't swayed me, so it's still my opinion.

Chad doesn't consume a deployment slot in Chapter 5 due to everyone being fielded by default.

Turning a two turn kill into a one turn kill =/= small. If Lance, Alan, Rutger, Dieck, and Marcus fail to one-round, and so does Chad, and they all need someone else to get the kill or weaken, who is really doing better? They're all about the same...except Chad has +1 Mov over Dieck and Rutger and keeps up with the horsies better.

Let's say Dieck attacked a guy and didn't kill it, and I didn't have Chad attack it. What would happen on the enemy phase? It'd attack Dieck, probably miss and then Dieck kills it. In the end, the exact same thing happens, and Chad didn't really change much.