Best GBA Swordmaster

Just call me AL

Who is the best GBA SM?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Best SM

Should supports really be included to rank a character? Because there are characters that despite supporting characters with a good affinity and less turns taken are many times character that are low on tiers and also less likely to be deployed.

Likes say Fir can support Barf-tray, he's kinda meh in FE6 unless he has a Brave Axe.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only for the ones that are worth it. Like putting a crappy unit with a decent one, it's just an excuse I've seen a few times, really.

And I still don't see how Vanessa can be better than Tana when she is apparently supporting Moulder. I asked once, "How is she even supporting him with her high Mov?", someone answered she isn't very useful earlygame because of axe users 2RKO'ing her (with an enemy phase).

As irrelevant to the disscusion of SMs it may seem, I'm just stating a point.

Why is Vanessa using all of her Mov every single turn? She can build supports with Moulder just fine if she just stays with the group. She doesn't have the durability to fly off on her own.

Vanessa even without supports will have quite the level lead on Tana...

Why is Vanessa using all of her Mov every single turn? She can build supports with Moulder just fine if she just stays with the group. She doesn't have the durability to fly off on her own.

Vanessa will want to fly off and y'know, be useful instead of just a sub-standard fighter in earlygame. For example, in C2, she wants to ferry Ross and Garcia before Ross gets his slow ass killed, and in C4 she wants to go recruit Lute, and in C6 she wants to go protect the civilians, and in C7 she can airlift Eirika to beat the chapter quickly. And Moulder wants to run around healing.

My favorite character out of them has to be Joshua, but favorite unit to use is Rutger.

I always have a swordmaster or two on the team because I'm a sucker for sexy men with long hair and swords that crits every other turn, or at least some really badass women so I've pretty much used them all except Karla because I didn't train Bartre enough.

I had a hard time with Guy, but that's it. I didn't manage to train him as much as I would've liked, and he got str screwed (Matthew had more STR than he did at the same level, and Lyn beat him out by a lot), so I just switched to Karel also because he's sexier but that's not the reason.

Rutger, due to FE6's 30% Crit bonus , Wo Dao, capped SKL, A Clarine B Dieck supports, had 99 Crit. I thought that was pretty epic. Plus his STR didn't turn out bad at all.

I like Joshua's personality the most, and he's definitely a good unit. Marisa's a little harder to train but once I got her up she was pretty beastly, and due to getting Fir in a chapter full of axemen, I leveled her quite easily and she got ridiculously STR blessed until she promoted, and even then it wasn't bad. I think Karel's ridiculously hot, both younger and older versions. *shot* Karel definitely wasn't bad, and even though Guy had more potential, Karel's not a bad substitute for a STR and DEF screwed Guy.

Battle ability wise, Rutger wins with Joshua not far behind, since Rutger has the game advantage of getting the 30% bonus instead of 15% though Joshua caps STR pretty often for me.

...Karel is the most attractive though IMO.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It takes 34 turns for them to get a C support, I doubt she'll be getting a B support by the time Tana arrives if we go by less turns taken.

And she'll have to fly away to some ther places earlygame, too.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I like FE6 Karel just because I mean yeah he's an endgame unit and is lv 19 with the most broken bases ever but I dunno its just nice in part because in FE7 he was this battle seeking, blood crazed, can anyone beat me kind of guy and over the years he's changed his way of thinking and realized his mistakes and only wants to protect what family he has left which is Fir and Bartre. I was a sucker for the Bartre/Karla supports and Karla/Karel so they all grew on me. So its kinda biased I guess but oh well FE6 Karel for me. :) He's what a Swordmaster should be.