Fire Emblem Characters in SSB4

Anacybele

Pick your desired FE Characters for SSB4!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see playable in SSB4?

Personally, I think FE needs more characters in the SSB series if a fourth game comes out. I think three or four would be just fine. Why two all the time when FE has so many more major characters than franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon? Plus, people outside of Japan would get more of a taste of the series and more knowledge with an increased number of trophies/stickers/whatever.

So I'm asking which characters do you want to see become playable? :3

I obviously want Ike back. I love him way too much, damn it. He's too freaking awesome and epic. <3

Marth is a pick too. He's the first lord, so obviously he should stay.

As for the third, either Ephraim, Eliwood, or Lyn. Ephraim would be my top pick of these three cause he's awesome and has a lance instead of a sword, but I don't mind the other two either (and I do love Eliwood, hee). Heck, I don't mind Hector either cause he has an axe, but still.

The fourth would be the next new lord to hit the series. I hope it's a female. We need more of those. Lyn was just the tutorial (and she wasn't the only lord in the game) and Eirika shared the spotlight with Ephraim. We need a solitary female!

Oh yeah, we can also discuss who should be an assist trophy and whatnot.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hector would work surprisingly well, using a wide range of axes for close and long-ranged attacks. He would be pretty slow, but hella powerful and able to use his Wolf Beil/Armads. Slow but recklessly powerful.

Eliwood would have his own style. Since the Durandal is huge, he can't really use that, but would use a normal rapier instead, so would have more lunging and stabbing attacks since you can't really slash well with a rapier.

Lyn would be like Zero Suit Samus, but with her Mani Kati/Sol Kati. Fast slashing and stabs. Weaker damage than Eliwood and Hector, but it can mount up quickly.

Marth would of course return, even more now that he appeared in Shadow Dragon. Aside from him, probably a lord from the next game IS releases or remakes, or maybe someone from Blazing Sword. I don't see neither Ike or Roy returning, since the Tellius saga is most likely over, and The Binding Blade Sword of Seals hasn't been released in English yet.

Just because Ike may not get another FE game doesn't mean he can't return. :/

And honestly, I don't mind Hector, like I said, but I fear he'd end up being Ike with an axe. Heavy, slow, powerful...you know.

I think Marth will return, because he's well-known by now, and people will want to see him again.

I also thought about voting for Ike, but then again, it's pretty unlikely he'll appear again, since his appearance was some sort of advertisement for Radiant Dawn, so I left him alone.

Aside from Marth, I voted for "New Lord" and "Other Character": New Lord because I'm pretty sure, since this is the anniversary year of FE, there will be a new FE (they just kept any information to surprise us), and with the new lord, they'll make another advertisement (it was the same with Roy and Ike).

And I voted for other character because I totally want to see Karel or Zihark in a FE >.<

The way I see FE lords in SSB games:

SSBM

Most popular: Marth

Advertisement: Roy

SSBB

Most popular: Ike

Advertisement: Marth

I dunno much about a "what if" scenario, but I'm hoping for the FE7 lords, Marth, Roy, Ike, and maybe Sigurd. I'm sure only two will get in, but hey. You can't always win 'em all.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't RD released after Brawl?

Nope.

FE10 release dates: February 22, 2007 (Japan), November 11, 2007 (North America), March 14, 2008 (Europe), April 10, 2008 (Australia)

SSBB release dates: January 31, 2008 (Japan), March 9, 2008 (North America), June 26, 2008 (Australia), June 27, 2008 (Europe).

Yeah, but Roy was put in Melee before his game was released, so I see no problem.

Marth was also put in Brawl before his game got the DS version release, let alone worldwide. Edited by LittleAl

Oh, well that helps my argument even more. I honestly think if they wanted to advertise RD, Ike's RD model would have been used, as well as more RD songs. Only one RD song got in, and that was Eternal Bond aka Ike's Theme, my favorite song. <3

Edited by Eternal Bond

Marth, he's the original and famous.

Ike, he's just cool plus he's my SSBB main.

Plus Sigurd. He's pretty cool and the SNES FE games need some love.

I thought the same for Sigurd. He's my favorite Lord and Ike is my main in SSBB.

Hector would be a better Ganondorf. Lyn compares to Zero Suite. And Sigurd would probably have to dimount or use his son instead. These are the people I voted for and returns like Roy(middle/rounded), Marth(agility), Ike(power).

Edited by JosefLior

I voted for;

1) Ike, don't think he'll return, but I'd like it if he would.

2) Ephraim, the game needs a FE lord not fighting with swords (and I like lances). don't think he'll be in though, his game is to old.

3) new lord, duh, who wouldn't like to see new FE characters?

didn't vote for Marth, I don't like shadow dragon, and I'm bad with him in ssbb. but I'm pretty sure he'll be in there, he has become a sort of a standard smash character...

Arum. He's one of the most ridiculous lords in the series (but doesn't get this respect because people like to pull the bullshit "But I haven't played FE2" excuse like they think that's actually a good excuse). At the start of FE2, literally everyone except Arum (Luka too, I suppose), who is kicking ass and not dying. His growths, while they don't seem impressive, are fucking fantastic in FE2. He gets 2 powerful Prf weapons (both restore 5HP at the start of the turn) over the course of the game (and this is FE2, where weapons have unlimited uses), and he gets bows when he promotes (though the promotion is a bit late). Getting bows on promotion is awesome in FE2, where the good bows all have 1-5 range.

Edited by General Spoon

Marth, Roy, Ike, and whoever the new guy/girl is.

To start off, there was no reason to remove any characters. Time constraints? Sakurai had two years in comparison to the ten months he had for SSBM. Clones? Wolf and Lucas got added and they were pretty much equal in "cloneness" to any of the clones in Melee. Not too mention that each and every character could have been differentiated easily.

Obviously, whoever the new person is assuming we have another Fire Emblem by that time.

Eliwood, Lyndis and Eirika. Hector & The BK are suggestions as dumb as Riley. Really, it's just that they don't fit, seeing an axe using guy in a SSB game just isn't the most ideal of things.