Grandjackal's FE10 Playthrough

grandjackal

Screw it, I'm winging it.

1-7

Prep: I only went ahead and bought Muarim some grass. That's about it.

Battle

*Game has Aran set up in hte already prepared to move out slot*

Hahahahaha! Very funny, game. *Boots, replaces with Eddie*.

*Checks the northern bandits* ...Well, one of them has 15 AS, Narga, so the stats are probably fluctuant. If my Eddie weren't speed screwed, he'd probably be doubling them. Not that it matters, what the hell are these guys made of? They're like tanks with a bit more HP and none of the hammer weakness!

Gave the grass to Vika because I then realized that Muarim is too cool for school even untransformed. 28 might is about as strong as Nolan is with a freaking forge, has the defense of my supported Nolan with about 20 more HP.

Anyways, I wish I could replace Laura with Jill here, because I highly doubt I actually need a healer for the center group here, but NO!

Love how you can shove Tormod in range of the draco and he just destroys the dumbass.

Fucking christ, one of these bandits has 18 AS! What the hell!? What is this madness!? God, they're doubling Nolan. Not that they do any reasonable damage, but that's still thoroughly embaressing.

If you haven't gotten Volug to S strike, this is a great place to start building up strike. Think of Nailah as the person there to make sure Volug doesn't get killed.

Very basic map, but I fucked up and killed the wrong bandit on the south end. One of them hand-axed a prisoner, and I don't really care to redo it.

Was the only real fuck-up though. However...

Turncount: 6

The turncount is not what I'm worried about.

You'll see when I post the levels.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click here. Scroll down to "Bandit". Soil underpants.

And then be really really glad that there is no such thing as a berserker in this game.

Imagine having reasonable stat caps and maintaining the bandit tradition. Then give them +10 crit like swordmasters. Then run away from ~27 AS Berserkers wielding steel poleaxes with ~28 str in chapter 3-5.

@GJ. Of course there are 15 AS bandits that can be there. There are 2 out of 7 bandits with 15 AS in the list and 1 out of 7 with 14 AS. And yes, there is also an 18 AS bandit in the enemy stat topic in 1-8.

Were you lucky enough to have zero 16+ AS bandits up there?

Inty, I'm aware of these bandits as me and Narga had discussed them a while ago. Was just trying to sell it, and frankly you are helping.

Unintentional teamwork!

And then be really really glad that there is no such thing as a berserker in this game.

Imagine having reasonable stat caps and maintaining the bandit tradition. Then give them +10 crit like swordmasters. Then run away from ~27 AS Berserkers wielding steel poleaxes with ~28 str in chapter 3-5.

They'd be some pretty fearsome bastards.

@GJ. Of course there are 15 AS bandits that can be there. There are 2 out of 7 bandits with 15 AS in the list and 1 out of 7 with 14 AS. And yes, there is also an 18 AS bandit in the enemy stat topic in 1-8.

Were you lucky enough to have zero 16+ AS bandits up there?

Seems to fluctuate, because I had 1 on my first playthrough to test the waters, then hte next they didn't.

Had one with freaking 18 AS, even Sothe couldn't double this bastard. These guys exist solely to piss you off.

Eh, still wasn't that annoying. Enemy density is stupidly low here. You can easily take out the first group, the next group consists of two people, all that's left is the boss's island who's hardly a problem with proper positioning (Earth support+Shrubs can save lives).

I'm getting by easily enough, and this worked out fairly well. One slip-up, but whatever.

Makes me want to do another part 1 playthrough just to see the difference between Aran and Eddie. At this point, I'm just trying to make sure Eddie doesn't have a level lead, I'm honestly trying to hold him back. The difference here was the boss kill, and otherwise I've just been trying to get Nolan kills. This is obviously not accurate tier play, because I doubt I would be doing this with my lol 12 Def Eddie. Though there is a point, even Eddie just having possible access to the killing edge (for Wrath use with a normal Eddie) and the Brave Sword (two strikes of Wrath) makes it easier to feed him kills. Nolan's gonna be so damn happy to get a Steel forge, because iron's just not cutting it anymore.

My levels however are low. Like, the 16s. I think I can attribute it to a couple reasons.

-I tried too much to keep Aran "stable". He probably could have just worked fine with a forge to weaken things for Nolan with a bit of Leo's help before I eventually binned them. Perhaps I was trying too hard to see if I could actually level the whole DB without problem. I was wrong. To confirm that you might as well choose a few and go with it, unit slots form 1-7 onward are way too few to fill a real full team. In a way, this is how hte game is most like Shining Force 2. Some people aren't good forever, but they're good now so you might as well chip up to train your serious guys. Once they pass utility, you pass them off. Only in SF2, they eventually just couldn't keep up statistically, in RD there simply isn't enough EXP to feed everybody. However, units you use seriously will stay good, but I think the real turning point is part 3. No one really seems bad in part 1. You can be greater than others, but it's hardly noticeable. Take Sothe. There are points even he can't double anymore. What seperates him from Eddie? 1 move and range. Eddie's got crit on him and a selection of a comple great swords that combine well with him (Zihark is still overkill unless you're using him seriously, but doubt you're going to get him above level 4 this way before part 3).

-Jill. She is amazing prior to 1-8. It's a delight to use her, and I wish I had her for 1-8. But, that lack of a chapter really bums her. You still want to, because leveling a flying axer who can actually double shit is amazing. Now 1-E is soon looming upon me, and when a speed screwed Eddie is having problems doubling, Jill's just gonna be a weaker flying version of Nolan. Worse off, forging a Steel for her would still weigh her down by about 2, which could prove to be a little dangerous around myrmidons.

I can't blame Zihark, because I didn't use him much unless necessary or in an emergency (I can't think of 1 emergency so far, though there are plenty of times you might as well use him, as shown by the plentiful EXP I have on him currently). I can't blame Sothe because he's done his jeigen job perfectly so far, and anything he's killed were probably out of reach, or Nolan and Eddie were off doing their own thing because they didn't really need him. Hell, once hitting 1-7, no one really "needed" the Jeigen utility anymore. Sothe's still good, just my army was off doing their own thing now. So perhaps my levels aren't too far off (at best, Eddie and Nolan would have an extra level). Can't even blame Volug either. I don't even have him at S strike (though he's close, could easily nail it in 1-E) yet.

Guess I'll have to see what they are before part 3 rolls around.

So, now for my part 2 laundry list.

-Strike levels. Exactly how much can Neal and Lethe get before the end? If they could get S in a relevent amount of time, Lethe could at least be a slightly less durable version of Ranulf, and Nealuchi wouldn't completely suck balls part 4.

-EXP gain on 2-1. A favor Narga asked of me, I will oblige.

-Perhaps see how Neph can fair, since I recall Interceptor saying she was a bit underleveled before part 3 shows?

-Exactly how many levels can Elincia get with staff use before part 1 ends?

And of course...

-Is it possible to make the CRK not suck outside the parts where they are the only people you have?

So, now for my part 2 laundry list.

-Strike levels. Exactly how much can Neal and Lethe get before the end? If they could get S in a relevent amount of time, Lethe could at least be a slightly less durable version of Ranulf, and Nealuchi wouldn't completely suck balls part 4.

-EXP gain on 2-1. A favor Narga asked of me, I will oblige.

-Perhaps see how Neph can fair, since I recall Interceptor saying she was a bit underleveled before part 3 shows?

-Exactly how many levels can Elincia get with staff use before part 1 ends?

Nealuchi is around for 8 turns in 2-P, ~10 turns in 2-2 and <=15 turns in 2-E. Of course, he won't be fighting all that time, due to gauge, but if he engages in say, 24 battles, thats 24x2=48 WEXP (he always doubles), which is 2/3rds of the way to S Strike. Of course, getting him up to S in Part 4 is a pain since he has lol27atk, and even afterwards it's only 32atk. Even if you get him to like level 30 for Tear, he's only got 38atk, which is still not very good.

Lethe is worse, with no 2-P and Cat gauge and 26 base mt. And unlike Nealuchi, she's not doubling everything with near-perfect avoid. She's never going to be a less-durable version of Ranulf - she needs to be like level 27 to tie his speed, 33 to tie his defense, and 35 to tie his strength.

I played through 2-1 a short time ago, and I only managed to get Brom and Neph like a level each. I guess if I sunk all my kills into Nephenee, she would have been about level 4, but Neph sucks so much in 2-1 that it would ruin your turncount trying to feed her every kill.

In theory, if Elincia healed every turn, she could gain five levels. But Marcia and Nealuchi love to dodge in 2-P, and 2-E she might need to waste her time killing mooks, so probably one or two at most.

And of course...

-Is it possible to make the CRK not suck outside the parts where they are the only people you have?

Umm:

-Astrid: Unsalvageable. Do not bother.

-Makalov: Needs tons of levels to be good.

-Kieran: Needs some levelling, but if he promotes by the start of Part 4, you could make do with him.

-Geoffrey: Don't bother.

-Calill: Like Makalov, needs tons of levels to be good, but in the long run she's probably better, since she can do Archsagey things he can't (Rescue staves, healing, Thunder in 4-E-3, siege tomes, no competition for SS weapon).

Nealuchi is around for 8 turns in 2-P, ~10 turns in 2-2 and <=15 turns in 2-E. Of course, he won't be fighting all that time, due to gauge, but if he engages in say, 24 battles, thats 24x2=48 WEXP (he always doubles), which is 2/3rds of the way to S Strike. Of course, getting him up to S in Part 4 is a pain since he has lol27atk, and even afterwards it's only 32atk. Even if you get him to like level 30 for Tear, he's only got 38atk, which is still not very good.

Lethe is worse, with no 2-P and Cat gauge and 26 base mt. And unlike Nealuchi, she's not doubling everything with near-perfect avoid. She's never going to be a less-durable version of Ranulf - she needs to be like level 27 to tie his speed, 33 to tie his defense, and 35 to tie his strength.

Neal with S Strike with a possible support (like Leanne, perhaps even Naesala), he's 4-5RKO some of the more common enemies (though yeah he's still garbage, notice how I said he wouldn't completely suck. He would still suck, just not completely), which combines well with his natural Wrath (forgot he had that, didn't ya?)

24 AS is Lethe's base which is workable, just not "Lol I double swordmasters" good, along with it lagging eventually (when you start needing 25 AS). But I get it, not quite good. *Weeps*

Perhaps I should have said mini-temporary-Ranulf

I played through 2-1 a short time ago, and I only managed to get Brom and Neph like a level each. I guess if I sunk all my kills into Nephenee, she would have been about level 4, but Neph sucks so much in 2-1 that it would ruin your turncount trying to feed her every kill.

I meant specifically what EXP she gains form killing something. Narga's wanting to find hte exp formula for tier 2s fighting tier 1 enemies, and I sort of forgot all the way through part 1. Consider me braindead for only considering Nephenee because he specifically mentioned her.

In theory, if Elincia healed every turn, she could gain five levels. But Marcia and Nealuchi love to dodge in 2-P, and 2-E she might need to waste her time killing mooks, so probably one or two at most.

Good point.

Umm:

-Astrid: Unsalvageable. Do not bother.

Ya think?

-Makalov: Needs tons of levels to be good.

-Kieran: Needs some levelling, but if he promotes by the start of Part 4, you could make do with him.

-Geoffrey: Don't bother.

Thing is, I'm trying to wonder what a stat booster could do for them, since they seem to have plenty available to them even in just 3-9.

...I doubt it, but I'm an overly-curious creature.

3-9's Speedwing has me curious, for instance.

-Calill: Like Makalov, needs tons of levels to be good, but in the long run she's probably better, since she can do Archsagey things he can't (Rescue staves, healing, Thunder in 4-E-3, siege tomes, no competition for SS weapon).

Speaking of SS weapons, Rexflame has to be the least shitty one, thanks to that Speed boost.

Out of all the SS weapons I mean.

The CRK have me curious, but my hopes aren't high. I still think they're useless as fuck. Only thing I can think of is that that speedwing could help Keiran have an excuse to promote earlier, or would help Geoffery suck less when he shows back up (Same boost from promotion, just now if you managed to get his Str, Skill and Res up in one level (unlikely), you could pump a level or two in him by part 4 and crown him. He'd still suck (at least he's not doubled anymore), but he'd be pretty good with a brave lance or bow on the auras along with decently tanky on the spirits. The general idea after crowning.

43 HP, 27 Str, 12 Mag, 26 Skill, 26 Speed, 20 Luck, 21 Def, 20 Res

Still sucks, but you have to admit he sucks significantly less.

You could do similar for Keiran with it, though you'd probably just need Paragon training instead of BEXP (not that he'd mind, he'd cap Speed nearly the same time as HP, capd off Str and gain some extra Skill+Def, early crown him.). Would also help him avoid being doubled upon joining the mercs in part 3 which helps significantly, ends up generally the same as Geoff, exception being he has time to build a support+Brave Axe+Wyrmslayers.

But this involves speedwings which everyone wants, and probably puts to far better use than these two knuckleheads.

Big Mac? I don't think he'd mind the energy drops to help him have an excuse to early crown. He'd cap Str about the same time as Speed.

If Danved had a Spd cap of 34, I'd say try him. Then again, he looks pretty bland outside of growths and possibly Tier 3 status.

When it comes to shit speed caps on the aura, the question is if you can hit accurately with a brave weapon. Danved has the advantage of a Fire affinity, which gives him a bit more might and bolsters his acc. To 2RKO an aura with a brave spear, you need at least 32 to 33 might behind that arm, then parked between two blood tiders.

When it comes to the auras, Danved would like an energy drop and a support, that's it (or some BEXP). The bigger question is everything before it. Like any other CRK, they probably want a good excuse to cap stats as soon as possible as an excuse to promote early or get BEXP'd to fill in gaps. CRK need stat-ups more than want, which is a big problem because after one they don't become noticeable when they rejoin. Danved as far as I'm concerned has too many problems upon rejoining. Low Str, not enough speed to make up for it, and about as durable as tin foil.

Even if I were to give Danved a wing, 23 AS doesn't even double a lot of things in 3-9, much less the problematic enemies past that. He'd double paladins and mages, which any goon with 24 AS could. Hell, Crown+Wing Keiran could double them, and he'd probably be able to actually kill them.

What I'm saying I guess is that I'm not about to give these guys any medals, and I can't seriously believe they just made the CRK just to make the GM look good.

I mean...Fuck, the CRK are garbage.

Even if I were to give Danved a wing, 23 AS doesn't even double a lot of things in 3-9, much less the problematic enemies past that. He'd double paladins and mages, which any goon with 24 AS could. Hell, Crown+Wing Keiran could double them, and he'd probably be able to actually kill them.

What I'm saying I guess is that I'm not about to give these guys any medals, and I can't seriously believe they just made the CRK just to make the GM look good.

I mean...Fuck, the CRK are garbage.

Calill is still worth it. It's not like Sanaki is going to be serious competition for Rexflame on HM.

Oh, and if Narga is looking for testing EXP, I'm on 2-3 now. Lots of unpromoted enemies here.

Edited by Anouleth

Neal with S Strike with a possible support (like Leanne, perhaps even Naesala), he's 4-5RKO some of the more common enemies (though yeah he's still garbage, notice how I said he wouldn't completely suck. He would still suck, just not completely)

Where do you draw the line between just sucking and sucking completely? Doing 0 damage and getting ORKO'd in return?

Where do you draw the line between just sucking and sucking completely? Doing 0 damage and getting ORKO'd in return?

Simple response is that they're so bad that they can't even put skills to use to make their offense workable. S strike Neal at least has enough power to put Wrath to use in part 4.

Though yeah, probably just more unintentional exaggeration from me.

I won't bore you with 1-9, but I will say if you're chosing to train up some other DB tier 2 with Paragon, you can always give Miccy Resolve for this map so she would be able to actually hold her own, allowing her to avoid getting doubled as to make her surviving quite a bit easier. Then again, I have a stupidly blessed Miccy in durability, so perhaps I was just able to get away with it this one battle. Looking at stats, there's no way in hell she'd be able to survive this. Perhaps with a Robe, but it's not garunteed.

I got Miccy quite a lot of kills, but it was all due to luck as she had to avoid some killer blows. Remember that your average Miccy with Resolve at my levels probably will get +10 avoid out of resolve, so if she's in danger, smack her into a bush. Still not garunteed, but it's better than nothing. By the time these shots happened though, she was back in neutral bio, so take that as you will. Still, my Miccy was blessed, so you probably shouldn't take my word for it for every playthrough.

Turn count: 12. Sounds like a lot, but in exchange I got Miccy 2 levels, and Miccy also wasn't completely helpless.

Name Lvl EXP HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Miccy 13  87 20   3  15  11  11  18   9  14 A Sothe
Sothe  4  82 36  20   4  23  21  18  16  11 A Miccy
Volug 15  38 Base
Nolan 15  89 38  16   0  15  13  13  13   8 A Eddie
Zihark 3  91 Base
Eddie 16  47 29  15   1  18  17  16  13   2 A Nolan
Jill  16  29 25  12   1  13  17  15  15   4 

Yeah, I'm aware my levels look bad. I tried to use too many people at once like I was training a serious army (3 is good, but I was also trying to keep Aran "stable" during his time on top of it all, so I'm paying for that now. Just train 3 people at best, though I'm not sure how Jill could be higher than stated due to missing a chapter of availability).

Statistically, I have a somewhat screwed Miccy in power, but so stupidly blessed durably that Resolve just does wonders for her. Even with the draco, she has 2 Def and 2 HP above her average. As a note, if I had landed that shot on Jarod, I WOULD have gotten Miccy to level 14. I find it a lot better to just have Miccy Resolve it out rather than make due with Paragon here, because Resolve also helps keep Miccy alive by avoiding doubles, which allows her to actually kill her own things. 1-9's an EXP wonderland for her.

Nolan's got a bit more power in his swing for his level, and he's blessed 2 Def. Everything else seems average. Screwed 2 HP though, which isn't a big deal.

You might be wondering why Eddie has an actual level lead on Nolan, and that's due to the boss kill in 1-8, and nothing more. Had Nolan gotten the kill, it would be Eddie who is on the shorter end of the stick. Not that it matters, I have a pretty screwed Eddie. 2 Speed, 1 Str. Sort of cuts into the offense thing. On the exchange, I have 2 more Luck (yay?) and holy bejesus 4 more Def. I find that even more a problem than good, because now he can't bolster his offense with Brave Wrath, or Killer Wrath, now that he's Nolan with 9 less HP (Oh my god, I gave Nolan a robe on top of this...If I hadn't, they'd be 2 points off).

My Jill's blessed 1 Speed and 2 Def, which is just awesome. If I had given her the robe instead of Nolan, she'd be Nolan with Defense support durable (though 12 less avoid), with Eddie's offense (if he didn't have the drops anyways). Happy in pants, slapping the robe on her for sure.

Sothe's pretty much got 1-2 more Luck, Def and Res than his average. That's never a bad thing.

Anyways, before I continue with 1-E, I am asking for tips as to what to send to the GM. Just a general list will do. I'm thinking the Blue Gem, Arms Scroll, Ashera Icon (All for cash), Pass, Savior. That's 5, I have 2 more slots open and could slap one of those skills on Illyana after I seal her as to make more room for transport. Anything else I should take with her?

Secondary note: I got 1,500 BEXP for 1-9, which is exactly what it says for 1-9 in the BEXP guide on this site. If there's anything wrong with the guide, it's probably just that a few numbers are off, as nothing is cut in completely in half.

Edited by Cait Sith

The only issue I have with the bexp on the site is the reward for the soldiers exiting the map in 1-7. Nothing else. Well, I think maybe there was one other chapter somewhere that gave more bexp for turn bonus than the site says, but I don't remember which chapter that was. Everything else was fine, including the clear bonus for 1-7.

The only thing cut in half was the escaping soldier bonuses. (or cut in like two thirds or something if you can't get both the rescue and the escape bonus but only get the better of the two). I never tested the rescue but don't escape bonus.

So, you get 600 per soldier escaped and 200 per survival. This is NM, by the way.

There are 5 soldiers, hence you get 4000 bexp if every single one escapes.

I got 2000 bexp, and I'm fairly certain I only got 1000 when I did the same on HM.

If you only get 600 when they escape and you don't get the 200 for survival, then I should get 3000 on NM and 1500 on HM. I didn't.

It is possible that the numbers should be 400 and 200, and hence 200 and 100 on HM.

Since it is impossible to test a soldier escaping but not surviving to escape, I don't know if the site is suggesting 800 total per escaped soldier or if the 600 for an escaped soldier makes it not count as a "surviving soldier" and hence not give the 200 for a surviving soldier. But again, even then, I should be getting 3000 NM or 1500 HM, rather than 2000 and 1000.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

If it's of any help, I just did 1-7 on a Female-only playthrough on Normal mode and had 600 BEXP total for 4 Soldiers escaping (one was killed).

Totally baffled here.

Yeah, I'm confused now.

I had a theory once that they had to exit from a certain square, and otherwise got nothing. I had Sothe on the square they normally exit from and they exitted from the square to the left of where they normally do. That's when I first noticed how little I got. But then the next time I did the map I made absolutely certain to not block the square they normally use and I got the same amount of bexp.

If not for your experience I could be fairly certain that you get half, but if you really got 600 bexp total for 4 escaping then that's a little messed up. Oh well.

600 from escaping with 4 escaping would mean they're 150 an escape. I wouldn't dwell on it though, because I don't care to re-test 1-7. I fucking hate that chapter. It's not hard, just an annoyance. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Now come on, tips on what to have Illyana send the GM, or did I pretty much hit the nail on the head?

Also, anyone thought of loading up the certain GM that show up in the DB part 3 chapters so that Sothe can steal off them?

Also, anyone thought of loading up the certain GM that show up in the DB part 3 chapters so that Sothe can steal off them?

Sothe can't easily get to Lethe and Mordy. Well, that's not true. If you sit there and play defensively like me they'll show up around turn 14 or something. Sothe could steal then. If you play more aggressively and kill faster, you'll be done before they are close enough for Sothe to steal anything.

There are too many enemies in 3-12 for you to get Sothe all the way to Kieran (you'll have reached the kill limit by then), and you can forget about reaching Tanith and Sigrun. Maybe if you had a heron like Reyson and if cliffs worked for fliers like they did in all the other fe games (seriously, I.S., why can't my fliers stop above cliffs? They could in every other fe game, rather than just a couple of hills in 3-2) then you could probably have Jill drop Sothe and Reyson vigor him and steal one item off Kieran when you are like one kill away. Then Nolan or someone kills something and the chapter is done so your fliers don't die. I think Sothe would need pass and even then I'm not sure it would work, but whatever.

3-13 by the time the GMs show up the DB's part 3 is almost over. No point. They'll get the shared convoy in 4-P or whatever chapter you send them to.

(and just look at what Interceptor sent to the GMs and go from there.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Suppose I'll see when I get there.

Anyways, loading up Illy how I can.

I just realized Nailah has Guard, so I am taking that off her and giving it to Illyana.

As for going off Inty's notes, for GMs, who is the brave sword for? Ike? Because I'm thinking Zihark would probably want it more. Is it for Mia? They're the only two sword users I can think of.

Basically how she is now.

Skills: Celerity, Savior

Inventory: Ashera Icon, Arms Scroll, Blue Gem, Pass, Guard, 2 empty slots.

Because if there's something of greater value I could hand over to the mercs than the brave sword, I'd rather take that.

Edited by Cait Sith

As for going off Inty's notes, for GMs, who is the brave sword for? Ike? Because I'm thinking Zihark would probably want it more. Is it for Mia? They're the only two sword users I can think of.

Because if there's something of greater value I could hand over to the mercs than the brave sword, I'd rather take that.

Brave Sword has 3 uses, though 2 of them are rather similar and one of them needs you to get Gatrie from D swords to C swords.

Ike: kills generals.

Gatrie: kills generals, won't take the brave lance away from Haar/Neph/etc

Mia: kills halbs/warriors/snipers.

Ike is probably the best use of those, considering Mia can still use her forge to get a decent proc rate on Generals and she already has a 60% from Adept + Steel Blade (using natural crit) on those other enemies, but Ike doesn't get much out of Adept (only Generals) and without it he has minimal crit on them with Ettard (and Mia would burn through the sword rather quickly if she had to use it to get decent kill rates on stuff. Being able to have 60% proc with a mere steel blade is pretty cheap). Also, since Gats needs the crown just to get swords and has to get to C from D somehow, Gats isn't really a great option for it. Especially since Ike w/Brave Sword serves the same exact function.

(Oh, and the only real benefit of the brave sword in DB part 3 is that if you really really need a dead cat, Zihark should be able to provide with the brave sword. As long as you are willing to trade it out for enemy phase, or he's out of enemy range after killing his target, of course.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

And for all these problems, only the Brave Sword could fix? Because if I could just chip first to get the same job done, that'd be far easier, since the GM do not seem to be short on people who can do chipping.

Suppose it doesn't have much use for the DB either though. I'm just really hesitant with moving stuff around.

Edited by Cait Sith

Based on my experiences so far, Pass is not really needed to send over to the GMs, because I never needed more than one at a time and you can steal Heather's. The DB doesn't really need it either, but the point is that it might not be worth a slot.

Brave Sword is for either of Ike or Mia who need it. I used is mostly on Ike in order to make him 100% ORKO on enemies such as Generals: 37-39mt from someone who is quadding is serious business no matter who you are. Ike's crit is unreliable, and even Mia is 40-50% in good times, and not even Haar can cleanly 2HKO them, so the Brave Sword is your 100% "I Win" button. I didn't have the option of the Brave Lance on Haar for this, since I left that with Geoffrey (which was, by the way, a good decision).

I wouldn't fret too much about filling up Ilyana. I had no money problems with the GMs, and so much overflow gold in both armies that it doesn't even matter who gets what. Just make sure that you handle the skills issue (Celerity etc). I have no idea why you are bothering with Guard, who are you going to have taking bullets for someone else?

Based on my experiences so far, Pass is not really needed to send over to the GMs, because I never needed more than one at a time and you can steal Heather's. The DB doesn't really need it either, but the point is that it might not be worth a slot.

Brave Sword is for either of Ike or Mia who need it. I used is mostly on Ike in order to make him 100% ORKO on enemies such as Generals: 37-39mt from someone who is quadding is serious business no matter who you are. Ike's crit is unreliable, and even Mia is 40-50% in good times, and not even Haar can cleanly 2HKO them, so the Brave Sword is your 100% "I Win" button. I didn't have the option of the Brave Lance on Haar for this, since I left that with Geoffrey (which was, by the way, a good decision).

I wouldn't fret too much about filling up Ilyana. I had no money problems with the GMs, and so much overflow gold in both armies that it doesn't even matter who gets what. Just make sure that you handle the skills issue (Celerity etc). I have no idea why you are bothering with Guard, who are you going to have taking bullets for someone else?

Yeah, guard is utterly pointless, I think. And no brave lance is all the more reason to bring brave sword, even if you crown + arms scroll Gatrie and give it to him.

Oh, and I forgot that a 90 hit weapon with Ike's skill and stars should fairly reliably ORKO swordmasters, considering of the units with offence only Mia doubles until 3-4, and again in 3-5, and she faces crit from them while being 3HKOd for a while. In other words, Ike could become your best SM killer. Mia would 3HKO with the brave, at least for a while.

Perhaps I could just give it to Nailah to make 1-E less of an issue? No point in just not using it after all.

So basically it's an option for when you have no chipping available? I'm still a bit hesitant, since the GM have a crapload of people who can do chip (I even count canto-ing as chip).

I remember enemy density being bigger in part 3, so perhaps that's more an issue (you can't chip on enemy phase after all), so perhaps it's just me being a bit too uses to Part 1's style.

But, you'd vouch I keep the brave lance on Geoff? As in, you wouldn't care to give the brave lance to the mercs? Just to make sure, because I'm going to have this issue in part 2 as well.

I wouldn't fret too much about filling up Ilyana. I had no money problems with the GMs, and so much overflow gold in both armies that it doesn't even matter who gets what. Just make sure that you handle the skills issue (Celerity etc).

Right. I'll be passing over Celerity and Savior, will let the DB sell the Goddess Icon (so I can just make some forges to send over, or just have my own team use), send the Gem and Scroll over for the extra cash. How's that sound?

I have no idea why you are bothering with Guard, who are you going to have taking bullets for someone else?

Whoops, thought it sold for more cash than 500. Whatever, it's still useless. Might as well sell it now than insult the GM by tossing 500 at their face.

Perhaps I could just give it to Nailah to make 1-E less of an issue? No point in just not using it after all.

That's a thought. It removes a lot of options, but if you don't care about the options, it obviously doesn't matter. I can say for myself that I would not miss a second Pass for the GMs, and the DB didn't miss their only one.

So basically it's an option for when you have no chipping available? I'm still a bit hesitant, since the GM have a crapload of people who can do chip (I even count canto-ing as chip).

I remember enemy density being bigger in part 3, so perhaps that's more an issue (you can't chip on enemy phase after all), so perhaps it's just me being a bit too uses to Part 1's style.

It's not just about weakening, it's about efficiency. When Generals run into Ike on Enemy Phase and die 100% of the time, that makes 3-8 easier.

Your situation is different than mine, since I had 3-4HKO'ed Canto-Jill and Mr. OHKO Nolan as 90% of my offense in 3-6. You're going to have lolEddie who gets 2HKO'ed by tigers until like promotion. He might need the help to clear space to make Enemy Phase safe, not to mention a trusty squire standing behind him to swap out weaponry.

But, you'd vouch I keep the brave lance on Geoff? As in, you wouldn't care to give the brave lance to the mercs? Just to make sure, because I'm going to have this issue in part 2 as well.

Take one look at my commentary for 3-9, and the events leading up to it, and see if you disagree with my assessment.

Right. I'll be passing over Celerity and Savior, will let the DB sell the Goddess Icon (so I can just make some forges to send over, or just have my own team use), send the Gem and Scroll over for the extra cash. How's that sound?

Sounds like it doesn't matter one way or the other. I sent all of my best stuff to the GMs for money, and the GMs still have three Ashera Icons and a Skill Book in their convoy, plus the DB still has over 20,000 gold in 3-13 that I couldn't spend unless I was a moron and/or lit cigars with $1000 bills.

The skills are what is important.

That's a thought. It removes a lot of options, but if you don't care about the options, it obviously doesn't matter. I can say for myself that I would not miss a second Pass for the GMs, and the DB didn't miss their only one.

Very well then, I'll slap it on Nailah then. This frees me up yet another slot.

It's not just about weakening, it's about efficiency. When Generals run into Ike on Enemy Phase and die 100% of the time, that makes 3-8 easier.

Fine fine, I'll ship the brave sword over.

Your situation is different than mine, since I had 3-4HKO'ed Canto-Jill and Mr. OHKO Nolan as 90% of my offense in 3-6. You're going to have lolEddie who gets 2HKO'ed by tigers until like promotion. He might need the help to clear space to make Enemy Phase safe, not to mention a trusty squire standing behind him to swap out weaponry.

Luckily, I have a Def blessed Jill.

But yeah, I sort of botched myself over with trying to take care of too many units at once (Leo, Aran).

As for Eddie, I am still going through with some tests on his performance. If a theory I have is quite correct and safe, I think we all might be surprised. However, I suppose you won't exactly be counting the moments.

Take one look at my commentary for 3-9, and the events leading up to it, and see if you disagree with my assessment.

Eh, fair enough. Besides, I don't care too much for using up too much of the brave weapons all at one time. At least this keeps the Brave Lance nice and sturdy.

Sounds like it doesn't matter one way or the other. I sent all of my best stuff to the GMs for money, and the GMs still have three Ashera Icons and a Skill Book in their convoy, plus the DB still has over 20,000 gold in 3-13 that I couldn't spend unless I was a moron and/or lit cigars with $1000 bills.

The skills are what is important.

Very well then, I might as well just make another forge for Jill with a bit of weight shaved off so I don't have to share with Nolan while she keeps her speed.

However, I now have an extra slot free. One will be Brave Sword, the other the Speedwings, but I still have a slot open, and I had a thought.

The DB's Hammer. What use are they going to put it to? I doubt it'll be that big a deal in 3-12, and the GMs have to deal with a shitload more generals (if I remember correctly). I might as well toss it over so Haar can just wreck more of the GM's part 3.

The DB's Hammer. What use are they going to put it to? I doubt it'll be that big a deal in 3-12, and the GMs have to deal with a shitload more generals (if I remember correctly). I might as well toss it over so Haar can just wreck more of the GM's part 3.

Do you need the CRK Hammer in 3-9? If not, it goes to the GMs. Do they need two? They'll probably be fine with just one, though I suppose you could send both. Just make sure they have uses remaining for 4-E-1 and 4-E-2.