Mafia Round 2

General Spoon

This is the official Mafia game thread where all discussions/game play/voting will take place. For those playing, all game-related posts should go here. You can, of course, have private conversations through PM, AIM, etc.

If you are dead or not playing, do not post in this thread. If you're dead, you're dead. I can't stop you from talking about the game outside of the forum, but by the honor system, please don't. It'll only ruin the fun of the game for others.

Gameplay/Rules

Each game day consists of the Day Phase and the Night Phase. Since my schedule is fairly busy and not perfect, there will not be a 100% set schedule for this. There will, however, be a minimum time limit of 24 hours per day phase. So from the time of my most recent update, you have at least 24 hours to post your votes. Once that time has passed, someone will be hung and the night phase will begin. Once I post that the night phase has begun, ya'll can start PM'ing me. I will post the results once all actions are submitted (or at least 24 hours have passed, in case people forget). This may cause the game to run a little slowly, but it also gives more time for forum discussion, strategy stuff, etc.

Additionally, I would ask that you do not change your name while playing the game.

Day Phase

The Day Phase is when everyone decides to cast a vote to hang someone (or hang no one, if you decide). You do not have to vote. For this game, votes will be cast publicly on the forum. Votes must be bolded and obvious. If I miss a vote because you implied it or forgot to make it obvious, that's your fault, not mine. If you change your vote and make a new post with a vote, unbold your old one. If you change your vote and forget to unbold your first one, I'll ignore your attempt of change because, well, because I can. Remember, everyone (save for those who are dead) participates in voting if they decide to.

In case of ties...

7 votes for VincentASM to hang

7 votes for General Spoon to hang

No clear winner, no one hangs.

7 votes for VincentASM to hang

7 votes not to hang anyone

VincentASM will hang. "Not hanging" votes lose the tie breaker.

Night Phase

The Night Phase is for those with special abilities (certain villagers have these, and the Mafia does). The most notable part of this phase is who the Mafia kills. To do your actions, send me a PM on this forum. Make it 100% clear who you are performing your action to. In the subject, put the Day # in there somewhere. For example, the mafia will PM me who they kill each night, if there's a guard then he will protect someone, etc.

Special Roles

Everyone will receive their role in a PM. For this round (yes, we'll have more rounds later), I will be posting the approximate number of mafia members and what special roles there are. All roles are distributed randomly via a program. No, it's not rigged, and no, I am not going to change the results for friends. I want to hold true to the randomness of the game. So, theoretically, the same person could be mafia 5 rounds in a row.

Guard

Every night phase, the guard can protect one person. Protecting blocks all actions done on that person (mafia killing attempts, 3-13 archer killing attempts, and constable investigations). The guard can only protect himself once.

3-13 Archer

At most every other night, this player can take actions into their own hands and kill someone.

Constable

Every night phase, this person may investigate one player to determine if they are innocent or guilty.

Miller

If investigated by the constable, this player appears guilty.

Godfather

In addition to being a mafia member, if this player is investigated by the constable, he will appear innocent.

Questions, Comments, Concerns

If you have an questions, post it in the mafia sign-up thread. If I forgot to mention something here, feel free to post about it there too.

Winning Conditions

The mafia wins if they kill everyone else.

The villagers win by killing all the mafia.

The constable, 3-13 archer, guard, and miller win with the villagers. The godfather wins with the mafia.

If the Mafia has a majority at any time during the game, they have achieved a sufficient condition for victory and it's not necessary to continue on.

We have 17 players this game.

There are 4 mafia (1 of which is the godfather), 1 guard, 1 constable, 1 3-13 Archer, and 1 miller.

Ether.....................Dead - Night 4 - Death by tuba!

Ninji.....................Dead - Night 6 - Beheaded

Hikarusa..................Dead - Night 1 - Found sprawled out on pool table

I eat tables..............Dead - Day 0 - Almost hung a few times, then just fed to tigers

Cap'n Crunch..............Dead - Day 3 - Hung ; MAFIA

Proto.....................Alive

WeaponsofMassConstruction.Dead - Day 4 - Hung

CATS......................Dead - Night 2 - Lost a deathmatch

Star Mist's Nii-san.......Dead - Night 0 - Melted inside an oven

Hero......................Dead - Day 1 - Poisoned himself before he could be hung ; MAFIA

Severlan..................Dead - Day 2 - Hung ; MAFIA

Balcerzak.................Dead - Night 3 - Throat slit

Crysta....................Dead - Day 5 - Hung

Nightmare.................Dead - Night 7 - Killed

Emerald Jealousy..........Dead - Day 7 - Hung

Hatari....................Left the game - Night 1 - Ascended to a higher plane of existence and replaced by messy mike

Reinfleche................Dead - Night 5 - Heart attack

messy mike................Alive

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a small town in northwestern Agustria, night falls. There are rumors that a new mafia has formed. The villagers go to sleep worried that they may never wake up...

Night Phase Begins - Day 0

The game starts out in the night phase. It is time for special actions to take place via PM.

Edited by General Spoon

You can, of course, have private conversations through PM, AIM, etc.

huhwut?

Wouldn't it be unfair for us to privately communicate with each other without the Mafia or anyone else listening in?

What advantage would that be? If for example you PMed me to share your suspicions about Nightmare and I responded with what I thought one way or the other, how would you know that I wasn't a mafioso bent on leading you in the wrong direction?

Discussing the game privately will always be a folly, since it's impossible for two players to reciprocally know they're not mafia. I don't know why General Spoon included that line in the first post, presumably it's there just to trip people up. :D

What advantage would that be? If for example you PMed me to share your suspicions about Nightmare and I responded with what I thought one way or the other, how would you know that I wasn't a mafioso bent on leading you in the wrong direction?

Discussing the game privately will always be a folly, since it's impossible for two players to reciprocally know they're not mafia. I don't know why General Spoon included that line in the first post, presumably it's there just to trip people up. :D

I included that line because some people may wish to speak about the game amongst themselves. I did the last game I was in. Then again, I was able to trust the other people I talked to because we proved our roles to eachother, but I'm rambling on now. Just know that the option exists.

Why does the miller appear to be guilty? Also, if we vote someone off, are we told what role they are? (were?)

The miller appears to be guilty because he is an outsider. When someone dies, you find out whether they were mafia or town. That's it. You DO NOT find out their role.

I don't know about the miller, but yeah, we'll know what role they were if they get lynched.

Incorrect. See above.

Star Mist's Nii-san? Sounds like the mafia might be mostly people who played last time, and found his lack of playing irritating. But that's not really grounds for voting anyone yet, so we'll see what others think (which also seems strangely like what Proto thought...)

Edited by I eat tables

Okay, I hate to be the bad guy, but somebody has to nominate someone. I eat tables is already casting aspersions on a wide range of people, and his name is related to food, which is at least a tenuous connection to the method of murder. Without anything better to go on, he gets my vote.

I am open to hear other, more convincing arguments. In fact, any theories at all would be most welcome.

I had a feeling this would happen. You two were two I was keeping my eyes on actually (Nightmare especially) so your co-operation makes me doubly suspicious. Of course, I'm aware I accused a lot of people at once so in my defence: Would you have been more suspicious had I just accused one person?

Voting Nightmare for now.

Also, I'm fairly sure the death methods have nothing to do with the killer(s) :P.

Edited by I eat tables

Also, I'm fairly sure the death methods have nothing to do with the killer(s) :P.

^ that is exactly why I'm within holding my vote for this round. There is still not enough evidence to do anything...General Spoon seems to like randomness and the deaths could be anything.

I vote we allow people to be able to commit Sekkupu/Jigai (ritual suicide - samurai japan) instead of being hung...

Edited by Hatari

Balcerzak's allegations do make sense, but Cap'n Crunch has a much stronger food connection than the tableman. Let's see cut him into little pieces and serve him in a chile!

randomvote Reinfleche just to see what'll happen

... Meanie.

Although that's rather suspicious, saying you'll just randomly vote for no reason? What would compel you to do that if you weren't a mafia? Just randomly voting for someone wouldn't do you any good. For this, I vote against Hikarusa.

Random voting the random voter is pointless. You look just as suspicious as he does.

With the absence of clues, there is no good lynch choice this round. However, we still have to lynch someone. Allowing the mafia to take free kills in unacceptable; we have to go ahead and start collecting information, at the very least. Seeing what side someone was on can help to interpret the things they said and the sides they took while they were alive. While lynching someone this round is risky, it's more risky to just give the mafia free kill rounds.

With that said, I vote for i eat tables on the simple premise of getting a random person lynched.

CATS is being as logical as ever. However, I urge you to reconsider who you lynch and look at my 'evidence'. It's flimsy at best, but it's better than voting for someone because they made the first accusation :(. In fact, I'm likely to have not done that, if I was mafia, but that's easily played as a double (or triple) bluff anyway